Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Offseason Trades around the NBA

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

NBA Offseason Trades around the NBA

It has started.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    It has started.

I thought that D12 had a solid season last year. The Nets could be getting a really good piece to go with Russell, Hollis Jefferson, and Dinwidee.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That's not really unexpected though. I'm waiting for that move that no one sees coming that changes everything.

...hopefully it benefits us. Please let us benefit from it.

I'm not too surprised about this. With all the rumours about Kemba possibly heading to Cleveland, it wouldn't surprise me if Hornets are just investing in the tank. Bailing on D12 is a good way to start that.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm not too surprised about this. With all the rumours about Kemba possibly heading to Cleveland, it wouldn't surprise me if Hornets are just investing in the tank. Bailing on D12 is a good way to start that.
    I believe that tanking is their best plan of action. Blow it up! But it's hard for me to imagine Michael Jordan investing in the tank. It's not in his nature as the most competitive dude on the planet. Should be interesting to see what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by R Pelly View Post
    I believe that tanking is their best plan of action. Blow it up! But it's hard for me to imagine Michael Jordan investing in the tank. It's not in his nature as the most competitive dude on the planet. Should be interesting to see what they do.
    Yeah, it's possible that there's no tank upcoming and that this is just complete speculation. But Jordan might be tired of just being the definition of poor-to-average, and seeing the trajectories that Boston, Philly, and L.A. are on might be enough to tempt him.

Keeping D21 is also a good way to start that...

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Keeping D21 is also a good way to start that...
    I mean, agree to disagree, but D12 is exactly the kind of player you don't want for tanking. Not good enough to actually make you good, but just good enough to stop you crashing out into nothing, and definitely not the kind of influence you'd want around your younger new players.

Someone correct me if I'm remembering things wrong, but when Dwight wanted out of Orlando originally, wasn't Brooklyn one of his desired choices? If not where he specifically want to go? It's been so long ago, but that sounds right to me. Anyone?

Someone correct me if I'm remembering things wrong, but when Dwight wanted out of Orlando originally, wasn't Brooklyn one of his desired choices? If not where he specifically want to go? It's been so long ago, but that sounds right to me. Anyone?
    Correct. Brooklyn was his preferred choice when he left Orlando. But at this point he isn't in the future plans for them. They are just looking for flexibility next off-season since he is a expiring contract after this season. They will have enough cap to add two max guys next off-season

I mean, agree to disagree, but D12 is exactly the kind of player you don't want for tanking. Not good enough to actually make you good, but just good enough to stop you crashing out into nothing, and definitely not the kind of influence you'd want around your younger new players.
    I read a tweet (on HoopsHype) that the guys in the Charlotte locker room couldn't stand him, so that played a part in his departure as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_244 Jun. 20 12.39.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	6339

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I read a tweet (on HoopsHype) that the guys in the Charlotte locker room couldn't stand him, so that played a part in his departure as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_244 Jun. 20 12.39.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	6339
    I could believe it. Dwight often irritates people because he cares more about having fun than winning, in general. Which is why he's not the kind of influence you'd want around your young players.

You would think Howard would see a pattern of how he is hated on every team that he would try to change his actions instead of thinking others are misunderstanding him.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    You would think Howard would see a pattern of how he is hated on every team that he would try to change his actions instead of thinking others are misunderstanding him.
    He can't. He's 32 years old. He is who he is. He's just not built in the same mindset most other NBA players are, and that's fine. He seems to be a generally alright person, his priorities are just different.

Makes him hell to play with, probably, but overall he's fine.

I think Howard and Cousins have very similar attitudes in that they are passionate players and probably a bit me first. The two big differences is Cousins is probably 1000x better built for the modern NBA and he does seem willing to adjust his game some to play with stars.

Howard's biggest knock is that he refused to play any other type of offense than the one where he gets the ball in the low post and gets his shots. Cousins is willing to work within an offense somewhat even if he tends to go just a bit rogue.

Maybe the difference is Howard had success early doing it "his" way and so doesn't feel he ever needed to change while Cousins is more willing to adjust because he hasn't had success. I guess that's a long way of saying I like Cousins a lot better. Lol

the next 48 hrs could be yuuuuge

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    the next 48 hrs could be yuuuuge
    It's like Xmas Eve and Xmas in July (June)

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think Howard and Cousins have very similar attitudes in that they are passionate players and probably a bit me first. The two big differences is Cousins is probably 1000x better built for the modern NBA and he does seem willing to adjust his game some to play with stars.

Howard's biggest knock is that he refused to play any other type of offense than the one where he gets the ball in the low post and gets his shots. Cousins is willing to work within an offense somewhat even if he tends to go just a bit rogue.

Maybe the difference is Howard had success early doing it "his" way and so doesn't feel he ever needed to change while Cousins is more willing to adjust because he hasn't had success. I guess that's a long way of saying I like Cousins a lot better. Lol
    Basically.

Plus, Howard doesn't care if he's winning too much as long as he's having a good time: it's a secondary thing for him. Boogie, on the other hand, finds it nearly impossible to have fun unless hes winning in the first place.

Boogie, on the other hand, finds it nearly impossible to have fun unless hes winning in the first place.
    This line makes me think of Draymond Green. It's why I fully believe both will get suspended at least a game if we ever played them in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This line makes me think of Draymond Green. It's why I fully believe both will get suspended at least a game if we ever played them in the playoffs.
    Totally agree. Could easily see a double ejection happening at some point too.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Just going to add this here, in case people aren't following twitter.

Just going to add this here, in case people aren't following twitter.

Dwight to Cavs on TPE. Calling it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Dwight to Cavs on TPE. Calling it.
    So, I'm assuming that you're assuming that LBJ stays in Cleveland. Is that assumption correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    So, I'm assuming that you're assuming that LBJ stays in Cleveland. Is that assumption correct?
    I'm assuming that he may stay, or leave, but that the Cavs will be trying to entice him to stay by making moves which he could find attractive. While there's no guarantee, because Gilbert has said that he thinks Cleveland could still build a contender without LBJ, I think that means they'll be open to trading the #8 pick, and signing people like Dwight in an effort to keep LBJ. Whether he stays or not is a different issue.

Could he be thinking about going to Lakers?

Thread Information