Pelicans Report

Thread: Atlanta shopping Bazemore

Atlanta shopping Bazemore

Solo and Ajinca?

If they throw in pick 34 for 51 then maybe.
    I don't think we improve with an undersized Bazemore who will be 29.

I thought he was taller. Scratch that idea haha

The Baze God has a 7 foot wingspan. He can guard the 2 or 3 like Jrue.

Baze has enough size to play the 3 effectively. As R Pelly stated he has a nice wingspan. He is 6'5" the same size as Vince Carter who always played the 3 position. I think he would be a upgrade to Moore at the 3.

For reference, I traced back the origin of this rumor to this SI reporter's tweet:

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Baze has enough size to play the 3 effectively. As R Pelly stated he has a nice wingspan. He is 6'5" the same size as Vince Carter who always played the 3 position. I think he would be a upgrade to Moore at the 3.

He has enough length to play SF with his wingspan like ya'll said, but he lacks the strength/weight to play there full-time. Jrue Holiday probably weighs more than him. I do think he'd be a nice fit here with his athletic 3&D game. If the trade was based around Hill + Ajinca, I would be happy about it. But I don't see Pels doing it just to pay Baze 6mil more than Hill next season for a slight upgrade. Would be nice to focus on getting a good true starting SF, and Hill and Ajinca's contracts may be needed for that later.

Thread Information