Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kawhi has asked for a trade to the Lakers....

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Yeah that doesn't make any sense that Philly gave up a 1st rounder and used the number 1 pick on him only to trade him for a second. One of the worst proposals I've ever heard
    Same. But it was on ESPN nola.

If they move him it will be in 2 years.

I said this months ago and I’m sticking to it.. Leonard will be traded to the Lakers for a deal centered around Brandon Ingram. IMO Ingram is the perfect Spur and a lot like Tim Duncan. His personality fits a lot better in SA and his game would flourish. Kid is still developing and is going to be a star. I believe Lonzo could be included and possibly to a 3rd team if San Antonio didn’t want to take Lavar as well. I think Kuzma is a piece the Lakers want to keep and will have Ingram, Ball, and Hart available for the Spurs to take. Great trade that works out for both teams and something I wouldn’t mind see happening. Then the Lakers would have their sites set on LeBron and PG13.. Hopin they land someone else and PG13 gets left out deciding to then join a contender since no big markets that are worth a damn need him. Pelicans would be the perfect fit. That’s a pipe dream but you can take it to the bank Leonard is a Laker. Celtics make absolutely no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I said this months ago and I’m sticking to it.. Leonard will be traded to the Lakers for a deal centered around Brandon Ingram. IMO Ingram is the perfect Spur and a lot like Tim Duncan. His personality fits a lot better in SA and his game would flourish. Kid is still developing and is going to be a star. I believe Lonzo could be included and possibly to a 3rd team if San Antonio didn’t want to take Lavar as well. I think Kuzma is a piece the Lakers want to keep and will have Ingram, Ball, and Hart available for the Spurs to take. Great trade that works out for both teams and something I wouldn’t mind see happening. Then the Lakers would have their sites set on LeBron and PG13.. Hopin they land someone else and PG13 gets left out deciding to then join a contender since no big markets that are worth a damn need him. Pelicans would be the perfect fit. That’s a pipe dream but you can take it to the bank Leonard is a Laker. Celtics make absolutely no sense.
    Who’s the better player right now, Brandon Ingram or Jaylen Brown?

Why does Boston make no sense, when it’s been reported they had interest during the season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    So cp3 is staying in Houston and is recruiting LeBron to come there.....so hopefully after the draft LeBron makes his move so the rest of the free agents can get in where they fit in....

If there's one thing I'll say, it's that the NBA off season is just as entertaining as the season itself. The past few years the off season has just been crazy and this one is shaping up to be the exact same.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Something will happen that no one sees coming.

It always does. I just hope we’re able to benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Where was a 1st mentioned?
    I don't see any other of our tradeable assets being enough to lure a trade out of Utah for one of the best contracts in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Sujaguar00 View Post
    Who’s the better player right now, Brandon Ingram or Jaylen Brown?

Why does Boston make no sense, when it’s been reported they had interest during the season?

I like Brown but Ingram has the higher ceiling IMO. There's a reason he was taken higher and called something like young Durant

IMHO I would go Brown over Ingram if someone put a gun to my head. Brown has actually led his team to victories, and been very solid since being drafted. There isn’t much to knock on his game. He is certainly a guy who has shown that he is much more than just potential. Honestly if I am the Celtics I would run it right back with the same squad as last year (only no you include Irving and Hayward to the mix). Leonard is great but Boston can be deadly if Brown, Tatum, and Rozier continue to gel.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-19-2018 at 09:38 AM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    IMHO I would go Brown over Ingram if someone put a gun to my head. Brown has actually led his team to victories, and been very solid since being drafted. There isn’t much to knock on his game. He is certainly a guy who has shown that he is much more than just potential. Honestly if I am the Celtics I would run it right back with the same squad as last year (only no you include Irving and Hayward to the mix). Leonard is great but Boston can be deadly if Brown, Tatum, and Rozier continue to gel.
    Yeah I don't understand the motivation for Boston to make a big move. They made it almost to the end without their two best players. They have a wealth of top draft capital and a bunch of 1-3 yr guys on the rise. It's an enviable position to be in. Why not stand pat and see what this healthy roster can do?

Any trade for KL that's not to the Lakers (or MAYBE the Clippers) is a one-year rental. If a team is willing to give up assets without some guarantee that he'll resign... its gonna be a huge mistake.
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 06-19-2018 at 10:19 AM.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Any trade for KL that's not to the Lakers (or MAYBE the Clippers) is a one-year rental. If a team is willing to give up assets without some guarantee that he'll resign... its gonna be a huge mistake.
    I think for this reason they are going to get low ball offers league wide. It's going to force the Spurs to make a trade to the western conference

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I like Brown but Ingram has the higher ceiling IMO. There's a reason he was taken higher and called something like young Durant
    Ingram’s ceiling isn’t Durant as he hasn’t shown ANY of that skillset.

Brown is a +defender, an elite athlete with an NBA frame/size and improved his outside shooting tremendously. It’s Brown for me and you’re talking 2nd (Ingram) vs 3rd (Brown) overall which isn’t a drastic gap.

Thread Information