Pelicans Report

Thread: ¿Can we afford Paul George?

All-Star

¿Can we afford Paul George?

I read in some articles that our best option this summer is Paul George (more than Demarcus). I didn't think that we can sign PG but... we can?

Not outright, but he could opt in to his contract and then we trade for him like Houston did with Chris Paul

Yeah I think we would have to get rid of Hill, Anjinca, and maybe Moore in order to resign Rondo, Boogie, and Paul George. Then, I think they would be going over the luxury tax too. But Rondo, Holiday, George, AD, and Boogie could give the Warriors a serious run for the money.

We could sign PG and keep Cousins. Don't be fooled. If a superstar wants to come here we will make the necessary moves to get him while keeping our core.

Yeah but I think he’s goes back home to LA with Lebron. He finally gets his wish and becomes the second option to the best player in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We could sign PG and keep Cousins. Don't be fooled. If a superstar wants to come here we will make the necessary moves to get him while keeping our core.
    Exactly! If we want somebody we can easily get them. The moves we would have to make would be nothing for Dell to get done.

I have been saying for 3 years that Paul George IMO outside of Durant is the best fit in the NBA for what the Pelicans need. I would put Kawhi Leonard in that same boat. Paul George instantly takes this team to the most dangerous team in the NBA outside of the Warriors and they would not wanna play us. We have Holiday who can score 30+ on any night while being arguably the best defensive PG in the NBA for Curry to deal with all game. Then Paul George who can score 30+ on any night while being clutch and deadly from 3 point. Outside of Leonard I would have George as maybe the best player to give KD trouble. Then you throw in AD and Boogie for Draymon and MaGee to deal with? Haha yea right! If we land 1 stud wing while bringing back Boogie then get ready because the Pels would be young enough to 3 peat and that would just be the start of things. This team is so close and I believe we have the guys who can recruit a player on the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I have been saying for 3 years that Paul George IMO outside of Durant is the best fit in the NBA for what the Pelicans need. I would put Kawhi Leonard in that same boat. Paul George instantly takes this team to the most dangerous team in the NBA outside of the Warriors and they would not wanna play us. We have Holiday who can score 30+ on any night while being arguably the best defensive PG in the NBA for Curry to deal with all game. Then Paul George who can score 30+ on any night while being clutch and deadly from 3 point. Outside of Leonard I would have George as maybe the best player to give KD trouble. Then you throw in AD and Boogie for Draymon and MaGee to deal with? Haha yea right! If we land 1 stud wing while bringing back Boogie then get ready because the Pels would be young enough to 3 peat and that would just be the start of things. This team is so close and I believe we have the guys who can recruit a player on the dream.
    PG is exactly what we need... It would cost us Etwaunn and Niko, but I'd pay that price if we could sign George to a 4-5 year.

Leonard is who I want. I would give away 2 first for him.

Tatum is second, would give 3 first rounders away for him.

Neither will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Leonard is who I want. I would give away 2 first for him.

Tatum is second, would give 3 first rounders away for him.

Neither will happen.
    You'd give away more for Tatum than Kawhi? What?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You'd give away more for Tatum than Kawhi? What?
    Lol I saw that too

Thread Information