Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kawhi has asked for a trade to the Lakers....

Kawhi has asked for a trade to the Lakers....

Let the offseason begin.

Yep
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Basketball Guru
    LeBron,,pg13 and kawhi will make the Lakers verses the warriors fun this season coming up......now I hope this make someone demand a trade to the pelicans because neither of them will win a ring in Portland......

San Antonio would be dumb to trade him within the western conference especially with Lebron probably coming over. I hope Boston can swing a deal for him. Send him to the east.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    San Antonio would be dumb to trade him within the western conference especially with Lebron probably coming over. I hope Boston can swing a deal for him. Send him to the east.
    Yeah he probably will be in Boston sometime this year and LeBron will have to wait til 19/20 season to stand tall against the warriors...

Basketball Guru
    Kawhi goes to the Lakers...LeBron goes there ......LeBron get cp3 to come to the Lakers so magic can trade ball......that leaves pg13 the odd man out right?......if this is the case then do pg13 stay in OKC or do AD recruit him to the pelicans?.....if the Lakers thing happen, I think pg13 coming to the pels has a chance now......
    Last edited by 6warddude; 06-15-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Knew this was coming.

I can live with him wanting out, don't think he is ring chasing.

Watch Boston go Smart, brown, and a first.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Please go to Boston or LAC. Don't want the Lakers to have anything good happen to them

Come.here or stay
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Please go to Boston or LAC. Don't want the Lakers to have anything good happen to them
    Kyrie
    Tatum
    Hayward
    Kawhi
    Horford

Still have Rozier coming in as the 6th man.. That would be a pretty good team

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Kyrie
    Tatum
    Hayward
    Kawhi
    Horford

Still have Rozier coming in as the 6th man.. That would be a pretty good team
    That’s enough to beat the Warriors. They did a very great job management wise in building a dynasty. They legitimately have a. Embarrassement of riches. They have get Leonard and keep Hayward, Kyrie, Horford, Tatum, and a solid bench.

I think they could get him for Brown, Smart, and a one for this year and next year (they have 4 good first round picks next year).

Yeah, if he goes the the Celtics, and the Celtics only trade Smart, Brown, and a 1st to make that happen you can pretty much replace Golden State Warriors with Boston Celtics as the team to dominate into the next decade.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    Kawhi goes to the Lakers...LeBron goes there ......LeBron get cp3 to come to the Lakers so magic can trade ball......that leaves pg13 the odd man out right?......if this is the case then do pg13 stay in OKC or do AD recruit him to the pelicans?.....if the Lakers thing happen, I think pg13 coming to the pels has a chance now......
    He'll go back to okc

If PG-13 is the odd man out in LA I still don’t see him staying in OKC, the Clippers perhaps? New Orleans? The Rockets? I don’t see him going back to that one horse town of OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If PG-13 is the odd man out in LA I still don’t see him staying in OKC, the Clippers perhaps? New Orleans? The Rockets? I don’t see him going back to that one horse town of OKC.
    This is how I feel. If PG13 is left out of joining the Lakers then I think he leaves OKC anyway. Not making it past the 1st round shows the ceiling on that team. I don't think he wants to stay there.

If CP3 leaves the Rockets does he want to play next to only Harden? I dunno. Clippers, meh. Jordan isn't enough to. Move the needle. I wonder if he'd be willing to go to a Utah or Pelicans.

I'm confused, how do Lakers trade for Kawhi without giving up all of their young pieces unless SA agrees to accept either Deng or Frye? Highly unlikely SA wants them.

It is interesting as Kawhi has some leverage as well as spurs. He is still under contract and the team can say we are not trading you. That would be risky but a good bargaining chip to get max return. Kawhi has his CP3 moment where he can dictate where he goes and uses his I won't sign an extension as leverage. Will be interesting to see play out. You would expect picks and some young talent to go with it. Teams that have that would be lakers or celtics. How would he not consider the celtics as a destination which would be an amazing team for him to go. If going home is more important then the lakers will be hard pressed to make a offer without deng to get it done (third team required then). Don't see spurs taking him.

Quote Originally Posted by shanesy View Post
    It is interesting as Kawhi has some leverage as well as spurs. He is still under contract and the team can say we are not trading you. That would be risky but a good bargaining chip to get max return. Kawhi has his CP3 moment where he can dictate where he goes and uses his I won't sign an extension as leverage. Will be interesting to see play out. You would expect picks and some young talent to go with it. Teams that have that would be lakers or celtics. How would he not consider the celtics as a destination which would be an amazing team for him to go. If going home is more important then the lakers will be hard pressed to make a offer without deng to get it done (third team required then). Don't see spurs taking him.
    Agreed, my point exactly, there would need to be another player, the next couple of weeks, post draft, are going to VERY interesting.

What I don’t understand is how the Lakers are even in this conversation. Kuzma is their best player (by a lot) and the remainder of that roster is comprised of young players who have underachieved.

Kuzma, Ingram and 2 1st don’t come close to what Sacramento can offer (reportedly the 2nd overall pick) or the Clippers (who have 12/13 in the first round).

The Celtics (if they include Brown and the Sac pick next year) can put together the best package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd give up a first for this, the Lakers give up one, and they only loose two of their nice contracts. Also, because of the way SA is structured they might bite.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	6337

I can't think why the Spurs would want Lonzo at all. He's like the most anti Spurs player ever due to his baggage. And Solomon Hill? Ugh.... The Spurs aren't taking back any bad contracts for Leonard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I can't think why the Spurs would want Lonzo at all. He's like the most anti Spurs player ever due to his baggage. And Solomon Hill? Ugh.... The Spurs aren't taking back any bad contracts for Leonard.
    Then it gets back to HOW can the Lakers TRADE for KL? Spurs probably don't want Ball, but he is like a 3rd plus first in the deal that they can move
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 06-16-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Am I the only one who feels a little bad for Lonzo? Like....he's a decent player, but his dad is almost single handedly sabotaging him.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    Am I the only one who feels a little bad for Lonzo? Like....he's a decent player, but his dad is almost single handedly sabotaging him.
    I think Lavar’s reputation as a nuisance is overstated. He’s small potatoes in NBA power circles, IMO. Maybe Magic and Pelinka are a little nervous but at the end of the day the players wanting a piece of the Laker Mystique are not going to be derailed by an overzealous soccer dad. If Lonzo makes it through this summer, LeBron’s crew or Kawhi’s crew (or both) will sit Papa Ball down and lay out the path forward. If they can’t or won’t get with the program the Balls will have to figure out how to sell albums and make their reality tv shows from Milwaukee or Memphis... it’s really quite simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understood. I don't see them getting rid of Lonzo, but if it gets them Lebron or Kawhi, he'll be on the first thing smoking. Devil's advocate though.
    ..would you give Lonzo a chance here?

Thread Information