Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade idea

Trade idea

Harrison Barnes and Finney-Smith for ajinca, hill and Moore. Break even on salary but immediately gets better at the 2/3. Dallas gets out of a big deal but for the next 2 seasons we would be starting

Jrue
    Barnes
    AD
    Boogie

Next season has Mirotic, Miller and Diallo guaranteed back and hopefully Rondo, Clark and a healthy Jackson. If we bring in DFS at 2/3 backup and okafor I say we draft best available.

Last roster spots to Omri Casspi and backup 2 guard both vet minimum

Why would Dallas do this? They are taking back long term money so it's not saving them a ton there and I'd say Barnes has more value than a salary dump. Even if they did want to just dump Barnes they'd be doing it to get more youth on the team not the corpse of Ajinca, 1 leg Hill, and Moore.

So Dallas is moving from a big contract of starting caliber player (1+1 with player option -$24.1 and $25.1) for two players with guaranteed TWO years for combined of $21.5 and $21.8 AND damaged Ajinca?

Their GM should be fired immediately.

Also Finney has some upside.

Basketball Guru
    I'm all for a Niko for Barnes trade....don't think he will be on the team next season....Niko can be Dirk replacement for cheaper price....

Rondo
    Jrue
    Barnes
    AD
    Cousins...is the starting 5 i want to go into the playoffs with....

I'm starting to like a lineup of
    Rondo
    Jrue
    AD
    Niko
    Cousins....but don't think i will see that lineup because I think Niko will be traded at the deadline and cousins won't play until after the all-star break.....

The Franchise
    It’s hard talking about PG, Lebron, and Kawhi then putting a trade for Barnes. Just seems so yucky after those big guys. I wanted Barnes over hill and Moore but I’m not feeling it like i did before.

If we can’t land certain guys in FA then the trade market is our next chance. 3 guys I’m really interested in is Otto Porter, Harrison Barnes, and Gordon Hayward..

Ultimately I think the Celtics keep Hayward and bring him off the bench as the 6th man since he’s working his way back from injury. Then next year they can figure out what wing they wanna move to better improve their team if they even wanna do that. Hayward is a team player and with coach Stevens I don’t see him having any issue coming off the bench especially since he will need to be monitored. Would also give them the best chance to win. A finishing lineup of Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford would be incredible! Then you still have guys like Rozier, Smart, and Morris for certain matchups. That team is going to be serious next year and have the best chance of anyone to knock off the Warriors if they can stay healthy. Crazy thing is they haven’t even tapped into their potential. I’m just happy the East is on the rise and the path to the Finals won’t be a joke anymore.

With the Wizards they will have some tough decisions to make and the odd man out could he Porter. One way would be if they were willing to max Boogie and we weren’t would be to sign a trade which would give us a young stud back in the deal. Boogie is still my #1 option to keep but we will see what happens. Porter is the perfect wing this team needs right now. He is consistently the best 3 point shooter in the NBA each season and would thrive here in Gentry’s system being left open all the time. He plays very solid defense with high IQ that can handle and pass the rock. This is a trade that really benefits both teams. I would be just as happy with Bradley Beal as the player we get but Porter is the better fit for what we need unless we could go out and sign Henzonja or Hood which would put Beal as my guy.

Unless the Mavs can land some of the big targets they are after I believe they will trade away any value they have and commit to a youth movement with Dennis Smith Jr. and their pick in this years draft. Would make no sense to keep guys like Barnes and Mathews who would only hurt that process making them win enough games to not get a good draft pick and miss the playoffs. Barnes is a Jrue Holiday on the wing that brings a little of everything and would thrive not having to be the #1 option but 3A/3B with Jrue. His offensive and defensive versatility would be huge for this team and had he been here along with Boogie for that Warriors series it would have been a much different series. The best from Barnes has yet to be seen and I would like to see that in a Pelicans uni where the players we have would compliment his game perfectly and vice versa. I really believe he is a Jrue on the wing who is only going to keep getting better.

These are just a few realistic trades out there that I believe would instantly change change this team allowing us to find 1 or 2 players to strengthen out bench. This will be a very active trade market with players available and even someone like Wiggins could be available with many others who could really take this team to another level. We are in about as good of a situation we could ask for being a starter and couple of bench players away from nobody wanting to see us in the playoffs. We are so close to putting it all together. Dell has already completed the hard parts putting us into a position to improve this team to completion. Great time to be a Pels fan. Everyone needs to just be patient and enjoy the process cause we won’t get this again for a Long time..
    GO PELICANS!! FLOCK UP!!

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    So Dallas is moving from a big contract of starting caliber player (1+1 with player option -$24.1 and $25.1) for two players with guaranteed TWO years for combined of $21.5 and $21.8 AND damaged Ajinca?

He'd be joining the Pants DJ on the unemployment line...

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post

I could see a trade of Barnes for Hill, Ajinca (buyout), Diallo, and a 2019 lottery protected first round pick. Dallas gets a good prospect in Diallo and a 1st round pick.

Lineup:

PG: Rondo (MLE)/Clark (vet min)/Jackson
    SG: Holiday/Moore/Liggins
    SF: Barnes/Miller
    PF: Davis/Mirotic
    C: Cousins (max)/Okafor

That’s a nice lineup.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 06-11-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I could see a trade of Barnes for Hill, Ajinca (buyout), Diallo, and a 2019 lottery protected first round pick. Dallas gets a good prospect in Diallo and a 1st round pick.

Lineup:

PG: Rondo (MLE)/Clark (vet min)/Jackson
    SG: Holiday/Moore/Liggins
    SF: Barnes/Miller
    PF: Davis/Mirotic
    C: Cousins (max)/Okafor

That’s a nice lineup.
    Why could you see this? Barnes is worth more than a late 1st round pick while taking back a bad contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Why could you see this? Barnes is worth more than a late 1st round pick while taking back a bad contract.
    If Barnes is on the trade block, who is giving up a better deal for an above average SF who is a nice complimentary player but can’t carry the load as a primary option making 24 million a year? The Mavericks get out from his contract and get a nice prospect in Diallo and a first round pick which is not a bad deal for a rebuilding team.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 06-11-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    If Barnes is on the trade block, who is giving up a better deal for an above average SF who is a nice complimentary player but can’t carry the load as a primary option making 24 million a year? The Mavericks get out from his contract and get a nice prospect in Diallo and a first round pick which is not a bad deal for a rebuilding team.
    People are greatly overrating our players and grossly under rating other teams players. Barnes plays the thinnest position in all of the NBA. Look at the list of guys around Barnes pay, Gallinari, Parsons, Otto Porter Jr, heck Bazemore and Deng are both making over 18m.

If the Mavericks wanted to dump him they'd get a very nice deal. Who makes better offer? Look at list of NBA teams without a starting caliber SF and you have your answer. Hill, Ajinca, Diallo, and a late 1st is a laughable option. Remember this, we made a similar offer this year to try and get Carroll and the Nets asked for more. That was for Carroll........
    Last edited by Mythrol; 06-11-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Not a bad trade idea.

Barnes is part of Dallas rebuild. He and Smith jr are the 2 future pieces.

Tbh I really want finney. I think he has big upside.

People are greatly overrating our players and grossly under rating other teams players. Barnes plays the thinnest position in all of the NBA. Look at the list of guys around Barnes pay, Gallinari, Parsons, Otto Porter Jr, heck Bazemore and Deng are both making over 18m.

If the Mavericks wanted to dump him they'd get a very nice deal. Who makes better offer? Look at list of NBA teams without a starting caliber SF and you have your answer. Hill, Ajinca, Diallo, and a late 1st is a laughable option. Remember this, we made a similar offer this year to try and get Carroll and the Nets asked for more. That was for Carroll........
    That's a lot of opinion for a league that has more lopsided trades than even ones. Lol

But really, my first thought was that it was too much. Diallo has shown flashes. Upon further review I think it makes you much sense to happen.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    That's a lot of opinion for a league that has more lopsided trades than even ones. Lol

But really, my first thought was that it was too much. Diallo has shown flashes. Upon further review I think it makes you much sense to happen.
    It's opinion based on the very clear information we have that we have already had a team turn down Asik + filler + a 1st for Carroll because they wanted more from us. Asik was a way easier contract to move than Hill and Barnes is a better player than Carroll.

If we couldn't get Carroll with a better offer how is a worse offer at the thinnest position in the league suppose to land Barnes?

Let me start by saying, would I want Kwahi, well yeah. How about PG13, of course, maybe Lebron, absolutely, but none of those options are realistic. What might be a better plan for now, until trade deadline at least, is to see what we have and if 51 gives us any value. Perhaps we concentrate on getting Rondo back for a couple more years and max Boogie. Try to extend Nico if possible. See if OKC would take AA for Singler on an even swap. Find out if Solo has gotten better and improved his 3 ball. Go for a project wing with 51 such as Melvin Frazier, wishful thinking , he may go in 1st round but probably in the early 2nd. Therefore take a flier on, or at least a look at if undrafted, one or more of these imports.
    Arnoldas Kulboka, Isaac Bonga, Rodions Kurucs or Vasilis Charalampopoulos.
    Bigger moves can be made later if necessary, but to be honest, I’m not convinced that if we can keep Boogie and get everyone we have healthy we don’t already have enough to run the table.

Can't help myself even though I already stated what I think we should do, assuming Lebron to LA, do you think Cleveland would take Diallo, (young big) Hill, (defensive guy) AA, (expiring) Liggins and Okafor (unguaranteed) for Love? And more importantly, would we want to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Can't help myself even though I already stated what I think we should do, assuming Lebron to LA, do you think Cleveland would take Diallo, (young big) Hill, (defensive guy) AA, (expiring) Liggins and Okafor (unguaranteed) for Love? And more importantly, would we want to do that?
    Ignoring the unrealistic players being sent in that trade....

Love, Cousins, AD, and Niko all on the team?

Ignoring the unrealistic players being sent in that trade....

Love, Cousins, AD, and Niko all on the team?
    Hell yeah, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Hell yeah, why not?
    So we gonna have 100m tied up in the 4 and 5 position?

So we gonna have 100m tied up in the 4 and 5 position?
    Actually more than that next yr. if NICO stays and we supermax AD. But how does that matter, we are a tax team anyway. Love can play 4 and 5 plus Boogie might still be on the mend. Everyone knows it is still about match-ups. 2 and sometimes all 3 of these guys on the court at all times, plus Jrue, EM, or Frank plus Rondo would be a real tough out.

Thread Information