Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trade idea

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Actually more than that next yr. if NICO stays and we supermax AD. But how does that matter, we are a tax team anyway. Love can play 4 and 5 plus Boogie might still be on the mend. Everyone knows it is still about match-ups. 2 and sometimes all 3 of these guys on the court at all times, plus Jrue, EM, or Frank plus Rondo would be a real tough out.
    It matters because there are 3 other positions on the floor and you can't give enough minutes to all those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It matters because there are 3 other positions on the floor and you can't give enough minutes to all those guys.
    I think you can, just like you can go small ball w/3 wings, DO II BIGGER with these guys, again what team can match that.

I think you can, just like you can go small ball w/3 wings, DO II BIGGER with these guys, again what team can match that.
    Some people also think the earth is flat. Just because you can think it doesn't make it a good idea or a good use of resources.

Niko is already Love on less than half the contract. We have holes at PG and SF. Let's leave it at, I think it's a bad idea to spend 4/5 of our cap on the 4 and 5.

Some people also think the earth is flat. Just because you can think it doesn't make it a good idea or a good use of resources.

Niko is already Love on less than half the contract. We have holes at PG and SF. Let's leave it at, I think it's a bad idea to spend 4/5 of our cap on the 4 and 5.
    Your point is valid, however Boogie probably won't be 100 pct early on and NICO won't be half the price going forward and would be better chip at deadline for a wing should we decide to go that route. Don't care what position a guy plays. Good players are good players period.

Your point is valid, however Boogie probably won't be 100 pct early on and NICO won't be half the price going forward and would be better chip at deadline for a wing should we decide to go that route. Don't care what position a guy plays. Good players are good players period.
    A team full of the top 5 centers in the league still loses. You better care some what position a guy plays.

Yeah, I could definitely see us bringing DeMarcus back, but him coming off the bench the first half of the season, playing 20-25 minutes, and sitting at the end of the game in favor of Mirotic/Davis frontline.

This would give the team time to assess Cousins's recovery and whether they think he is a longterm fit on the squad. If he is, then you make look to move Niko at the deadline for a wing to pair with a Davis and Cousins frontline. If Cousins isn't a longterm fit, you look to lock up Mirotic and try to move DeMarcus's deal. That's why his contract terms are key. A 2 + 1, even at a high number, may be moveable if Cousins plays reasonably well for a stretch. Would love for that + 1 to be a team option, but that's asking a lot. Given what Niko's next deal will look like, don't think it's realistic to keep all three longterm, even if you can in the penalty to do so. Same problem you had with Ryno--Mirotic plays Davis's preferred position. All three don't work on the floor at the end of the game in crunch time. Logic dictates that you (eventually) move either Cousins or Niko for a starting wing.

A team full of the top 5 centers in the league still loses. You better care some what position a guy plays.
    I want to let you have last word on this, but not just yet, if memory doesn't fail me, using Nico and sometimes AD to meet Dame outside destroyed him. I understand you don't agree, and as I said herein, not how I would necessarily proceed at this time. But if we can get better players no matter how you stroke it. YOU DO IT AND MAKE HARDER DECISIONS LATER.

I want to let you have last word on this, but not just yet, if memory doesn't fail me, using Nico and sometimes AD to meet Dame outside destroyed him. I understand you don't agree, and as I said herein, not how I would necessarily proceed at this time. But if we can get better players no matter how you stroke it. YOU DO IT AND MAKE HARDER DECISIONS LATER.
    Using Niko and AD on Dame outside isn't what destroyed Dame, it was trapping him with multiple players while Jrue locked him down. Jrue was the key to destroying Dame not AD or Niko.

I guess I just don't think Love is worth it. Not if we per sue keeping Cousins. Assuming 36 minutes per game from them when healthy that only leaves 24 minutes for Love and Niko combined. Love will be on the last year of his deal next year just like Niko anyway so we'd end up having to pay him even more or watch him walk. Even if Niko ends up making 20m a year I'd rather pay him that then Love's next contract which will be over 30m.

No way in hell we need another big on this team
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    No way in hell we need another big on this team
    Nope. Wings, wings, wings

QUESTION:
    Read today that Butler, and also Thibs on a previous occasion, questioned the work ethic and commitment of Andrew Wiggins. Was even suggested he may be on block despite the fact that he has been extended starting this yr at 25.2 mil. It was also implied that Minn. was in danger of cap issues due to the need to extend Towns, Butler and keep some RFAs they have. Would it be possible that Nico, Hill and a 1st be a means to get him? More importantly, should such a move even be attempted? I know his stats but can't really say I've followed his game

QUESTION:
    Read today that Butler, and also Thibs on a previous occasion, questioned the work ethic and commitment of Andrew Wiggins. Was even suggested he may be on block despite the fact that he has been extended starting this yr at 25.2 mil. It was also implied that Minn. was in danger of cap issues due to the need to extend Towns, Butler and keep some RFAs they have. Would it be possible that Nico, Hill and a 1st be a means to get him? More importantly, should such a move even be attempted? I know his stats but can't really say I've followed his game
    I wouldn't give up that much for wiggins. He isnt a superstar by any means and they overpaid him

HELL NO to Wiggins dude disappears more than Rodney Hood
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    HELL NO to Wiggins dude disappears more than Rodney Hood
    WOW, that is sad, don't care, but wonder why they gave him so much

Maybe hill, ajinca and a second for Wiggins.

JUST A QUESTION, NOT A TRADE IDEA
    If Memphis called today and said they would take, EM, AA, and Solo in exchange for their current #4 first round pick and Parsons. Think about that, we get 2.8 mil cap space, would you do it?

If Memphis called today and said they would take, EM, AA, and Solo in exchange for their current #4 first round pick and Parsons. Think about that, we get 2.8 mil cap space, would you do it?
    Memphis would never. One rumored deal is T. Harris, pick 13 and/or 14 for Parsons + #4. #4 pick is pretty valuable, especially if Doncic falls there.

They might if we add our next available 1st.

In a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    In a heartbeat.
    Would you still do it for #10 and #26? Although none of this is going to happen, it got me wondering what if they took all Philly picks in exchange for #4 and then moved Parsons. Still might be worth it but a wee bit tougher

I don't believe Memphis would offer this deal.

The problem with us doing that deal if offered however is it cash straps us for a long time because Parsons is like a top 3 worst deal in the NBA level and while the No. 4 pick is valuable we cannot wait to develop him when we're in our prime right now. See EM on his own can be moved, AA and Hill might require an asset but they can still be moved. Parsons isn't going anywhere once we trade for him. So while the No. 4 is appealing I'd rather focus on trying to add a developed piece to this core. We can take back bad contracts for high picks if we need to blow it up, not right now.

I don't believe Memphis would offer this deal.

The problem with us doing that deal if offered however is it cash straps us for a long time because Parsons is like a top 3 worst deal in the NBA level and while the No. 4 pick is valuable we cannot wait to develop him when we're in our prime right now. See EM on his own can be moved, AA and Hill might require an asset but they can still be moved. Parsons isn't going anywhere once we trade for him. So while the No. 4 is appealing I'd rather focus on trying to add a developed piece to this core. We can take back bad contracts for high picks if we need to blow it up, not right now.
    What if that #4 is Luka Doncic? He’s a very developed player already with star potential. Of course it won’t happen, but a core of AD, Jrue, Doncic and possibly Cousins would be wow

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    What if that #4 is Luka Doncic? He’s a very developed player already with star potential. Of course it won’t happen, but a core of AD, Jrue, Doncic and possibly Cousins would be wow
    Yeah, it won't happen. Teams are trying to move into the top 5 and have much better assets than us.

Thread Information