Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please Shannon Sharp be true!!!!Please!!

Please Shannon Sharp be true!!!!Please!!

https://twitter.com/BryanTNR/status/1004731942632337408

Shannon talking about Lebron and PG coming to Pels to join AD and Jrue!!! I really hope this is true!!

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    https://twitter.com/BryanTNR/status/1004731942632337408

Shannon talking about Lebron and PG coming to Pels to join AD and Jrue!!! I really hope this is true!!
    First team to win 80 games in reg season.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    We would be absolutely unstoppable with Rondo/Jrue/AD/LJ/Niko.

I'm 100% in... hello LJ, goodbye Boogie

https://www.facebook.com/foxsports/v...4871284183978/

God damn... Shannon Sharpe might be my favorite person in the world. Can we get him a job in the recuitment department/coaching staff?

I very, very much doubt it. But I'd love it if it were true. Rondo, Jrue, PG, LeBron, AD would be such a good starting lineup it's incomprehensible. Good enough that AD would probably accept playing C.
    Basketball.

resurrect the super dome basketball court for our 50 thousand season ticket holders

LBJ teaming with AD,Jrue and Boogie.. Instant GS dethroning...

S&T for LBJ (send off Moore, Hill,Ajinca and a first or 2)

Fill the rest of the roster with min contract guys (with Rondo of course)

Rondo/Jackson/Clark (if can for min)
    Jrue/min/min
    LBJ/Miller/min (Vince Carter?)
    AD/Niko/Diallo
    Boogie/Okafor/Diallo

That would be about 130 million roster (not counting LT, which shouldnt be much since we would only be about 8 million into the tax), and we would definitely take out GS
    Last edited by soggymoss; 06-07-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I very, very much doubt it. But I'd love it if it were true. Rondo, Jrue, PG, LeBron, AD would be such a good starting lineup it's incomprehensible. Good enough that AD would probably accept playing C.
    Think if Ms Benson was like lets go all in...We sign PG and Lebron and Rondo then go way over the cap and resign Cousins!

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Think if Ms Benson was like lets go all in...We sign PG and Lebron and Rondo then go way over the cap and resign Cousins!
    We are a tax team anyway next summer AD gets 46 mil per 5yr 230mil supermax extension.

We are a tax team anyway next summer AD gets 46 mil per 5yr 230mil supermax extension.
    I am just super excited that this is even a possibility and big media talking heads are actually talking about it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Ya think? All I know is --> LeBron won't be wearing #23 !

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It’s a move he should make. He has to realize we lose a greater threat than him in Houston. He just matches GSW in Houston. Here, we become better. Because they can’t stop AD and Cousins on the glass

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    My question wouldn't you have to give up Cousins and Niko to make this happen. No way we could get them both without giving up Cousins.

Niko and some guys for George
    Cousins and some guys or picks for James.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    My question wouldn't you have to give up Cousins and Niko to make this happen. No way we could get them both without giving up Cousins.

Obviously sign and trade

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post

To get both we would have to give up Boogie (no way we could afford all 3), but we could keep Niko

Cavs: Boogie
    Pels: LBJ

OKC:Moore, Hill, Ajinca 2019 1st
    Pels: George

I would rather keep boogie and get a competent SF though

Where does he mention LBJ?
    I only hear PG to big easy.
    Even then I had to listen 3 times.

Is this guy even credible?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Where does he mention LBJ?
    I only hear PG to big easy.
    Even then I had to listen 3 times.

Is this guy even credible?
    They were talking about Lebron and what he would have to do to beat the Warriors, at the 40 second mark he says "He might be going down there to the big easy, him and Paul George might go down there and team up with AD and Jrue Holiday"

Basketball Guru
    I don't think LeBron come here,,it's a family decision and the wife may see los Angeles as a better place to be or stay in Cleveland....I just don't see PG checking his ego to be 3rd or 4th option to get a ring...that dude want to go home...

So if this was to happen,,I think boogie and rondo are out....LeBron can run the point and keep that responsibility away from jrue so he can keep being selfish and scoring points......Niko will have to be the center.....

Jrue
    LeBron
    Pg13
    AD
    Niko

Ring chasers will follow LeBron to fill the roster out.....the funny thing is,,a lot of you on this board hated what LeBron did in forming a superteam and also hate the warriors but are loving Shannon sharp idea lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    I don't think LeBron come here,,it's a family decision and the wife may see los Angeles as a better place to be or stay in Cleveland....I just don't see PG checking his ego to be 3rd or 4th option to get a ring...that dude want to go home...

So if this was to happen,,I think boogie and rondo are out....LeBron can run the point and keep that responsibility away from jrue so he can keep being selfish and scoring points......Niko will have to be the center.....

Jrue
    LeBron
    Pg13
    AD
    Niko

Ring chasers will follow LeBron to fill the roster out.....the funny thing is,,a lot of you on this board hated what LeBron did in forming a superteam and also hate the warriors but are loving Shannon sharp idea lol.....
    I hate the Warriors, but the only way to take them down is to build a superteam to compete with them.... IMO keep Boogie, IF you can get LBJ OR PG (and honestly looking around the league we are his best option to take them out besides Boston who is overloaded at SF already), then you have the team that forces GS to match up with us, and they wont be able to matchup with that lineup at all..

Aquire LBJ and PG, and you are pretty much feeding right into their small ball style of play

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    They were talking about Lebron and what he would have to do to beat the Warriors, at the 40 second mark he says "He might be going down there to the big easy, him and Paul George might go down there and team up with AD and Jrue Holiday"
    Thanks I just never heard him say Lebron.

Is this guy credible or just someone looking for attention?
    He says its been brewing for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Thanks I just never heard him say Lebron.

Is this guy credible or just someone looking for attention?
    He says its been brewing for a while.
    I'm not sure, but it is Shannon Sharpe, who has been in the sports world his entire life, so he may know something... FWIW hes not the first one to say that we are the best spot for LBJ, and the best team to take out the warriors

The Franchise
    I think it was just a take. I think he just answered what move he thinks could take down the Warriors.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the funny thing is,,a lot of you on this board hated what LeBron did in forming a superteam and also hate the warriors but are loving Shannon sharp idea lol.....
    Me on Thursday: "The NBA is a terrible and failed league because of super teams. Why even be a fan in some markets if your team will never have a realistic chance to win???"

News on Friday morning: *Pelz sign LeBron James and Paul George*

Me on Friday: "Long live the NBA and super teams!!!!"

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    I know this is an unpopular opinion but I still very much despise "super-teams" - this would make me sick to my stomach. but yeah, i guess over time i'd probably get over it.

Skiiiiiiip!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    I know this is an unpopular opinion but I still very much despise "super-teams" - this would make me sick to my stomach. but yeah, i guess over time i'd probably get over it.
    I hate it too. But hell. If that's the way things are. Then may as well have our team benefit while it still can.

Main reason I want this is because it's the surest way to keep our team competetive for a long time.

We have to sit underneath Houston or Golden State and if LeBron actually does go to LA with Paul George...that's not a good look no matter what.

Maybe Kawhi wants in. But there's nothing to suggest that can happen at all until next year.

Thread Information