I got you...you want the lineup to be
    Rondo
    Jrue
    AD
    Niko
    Boogie

I want a 4/5 year young big 4 of
    Jrue
    Barnes/pg13/kawhi or any young good SF..got Barnes first because I would trade Niko for him and think he is the easiest to get..
    AD
    Boogi

I understand now....
    I would love Kwahi, wouldn't mind Barnes, but not at the expense of Nico's value. How about we keep all my guys and add kawhi/PG13 or even a modest upgrade to what we have now using other assets. Rondo on bench, replaced by KL. DO IT BIGGER!
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 06-02-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Yes Boogie, AD and Nico can will play together when the time is right. It won’t happen early, because of Boogies injury, and it may not happen often because...well matchups...but it will get rolled out.

Ideally, Nico is moved at the deadline for a headlining wing (Hello, Gordon Hayward.), but I don’t think it’s mandatory. He can still be signed and traded next summer. We balled outta control with some AD/Nico led lineups down the stretch and
    I think he’s the perfect antidote to not rushing Boogie back.

The Pels have some time before they need to make tough financial decisions and with Ajinca, Hill, and Moore on the books there’s some maneuvering that can and will be done before we start looking at more drastic Nico-(or core) based decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    I agree with you on this....I stand by OKC had the blueprint in beating the warriors with kantner and Adams scoring inside and offensive and defensive rebounds......we have that in boogie and AD but I dont think gentry is the coach to use them like OKC did before KD left......gentry can't help himself and will try to match up with small ball teams instead of using AD and boogie to dominate inside........that's why I want a coach who know how to use bigs to their advantage....
    Facts
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    I agree with you on this....I stand by OKC had the blueprint in beating the warriors with kantner and Adams scoring inside and offensive and defensive rebounds......we have that in boogie and AD but I dont think gentry is the coach to use them like OKC did before KD left......gentry can't help himself and will try to match up with small ball teams instead of using AD and boogie to dominate inside........that's why I want a coach who know how to use bigs to their advantage....
    I disagree pretty strongly with this. Cousins and AD both had MVP level seasons this year with Gentry, like near best of their career levels. That was with Gentry at head coach.

I don't think anyone can make the argument that Gentry wouldn't use AD and Cousins to their advantage in a playoff series.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I disagree pretty strongly with this. Cousins and AD both had MVP level seasons this year with Gentry, like near best of their career levels. That was with Gentry at head coach.

I don't think anyone can make the argument that Gentry wouldn't use AD and Cousins to their advantage in a playoff series.
    Agreed.

Both Boogie and AD averaged at least 25/11 this year. That's pretty incredible. And it's not like they were forced to do it all from the perimeter because of the system.

Demarcus shot 55% of his FGAs from within ten feet. AD shot 57.5% of his FGAs from within ten feet. So they both had plenty of room and time to work up close, in the post, in the dunkers spot, etc.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    What about this trade? Would the spurs do this??

Niko, Moore, Diallo 2018 2nd round pick and 2019 1st round pick and 2020 1st
    For Kawhi Leonard

SPURS probably would laugh at that unless they really values Niko and Moore and saw Diallo as having potential. All of this plus 3 draft picks is a decent offer IMO. Plus they’re young and could keep the spurs solid.

If we pulled off that trade we resign Boogie, Rondo and
    Vince Carter for cheap
    I know we can find someone to backup AD and cousins. Leonard can play some PF as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbh it is not laughable offer

two things

You cannot offer 2019 and 2020 picks together - 2019 and 2021 (Stepien rule)

second - nobody will give a significant package (like this) without Kawhi commitement
    now he is virtually expiring, and he will decine his $21m option

my biggest problem there is 2021 first round pick

Dell should not trade this pick until AD will undersign his DPE
    AD can walk in 2020. DMC can sign 1+1. and then walk

There is a possibility that in 2020/2021 season Pels will have only Holiday in the roster.
    We must be prepeared for tank job there. In case of emergency.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    my biggest problem there is 2021 first round pick

Dell should not trade this pick until AD will undersign his DPE
    AD can walk in 2020. DMC can sign 1+1. and then walk

There is a possibility that in 2020/2021 season Pels will have only Holiday in the roster.
    We must be prepeared for tank job there. In case of emergency.
    We’d better know bybthe deadline if AD is likely gone. Hopefully he’s a decent enough person to just tell us so he can contend for a ring.

That said. That’s a long way off and a lot is in our short term.

Honestly if we could get Barnes without losing Niko and resigning Rondo and Boogie...everyone healthy once playoffs..that 6 man rotation would be lethal..I think Kawhi is out of our price range.

Rondo
    Jrue
    Barnes/Niko (depending on matchups)
    AD
    Cousins

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Honestly if we could get Barnes without losing Niko and resigning Rondo and Boogie...everyone healthy once playoffs..that 6 man rotation would be lethal..I think Kawhi is out of our price range.

Rondo
    Jrue
    Barnes/Niko (depending on matchups)
    AD
    Cousins
    Doesn't Harrison Barnes make more than Kawhi?

Quote Originally Posted by R Pelly View Post
    Doesn't Harrison Barnes make more than Kawhi?
    Leonard at 21 mil compared to Barnes at 24 mil...The bigger issue to me is who would cost more to trade for, and I do not see the spurs trading Kawhi to any team in Western conference especially inside division. Dallas may do it bc they know are not competing for awhile and may trade Barnes to get out from his 24 mil especially if they strikeout again in FA. Kawhi is far better than Barnes and would be awesome, but I think it is much more of a pipe dream.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    tbh it is not laughable offer

two things

You cannot offer 2019 and 2020 picks together - 2019 and 2021 (Stepien rule)

second - nobody will give a significant package (like this) without Kawhi commitement
    now he is virtually expiring, and he will decine his $21m option
    I agree we can't trade picks in consecutive years but for me even if Kawhi doesn't want to stay, one of 2 things happen. 1. We can sign and trade him and get a little something back in return or 2. He comes off the books and now we have 20+ Million to spend. Virtually everyone but Jrue would be off the books in a couple years (if AD wants out and possibly Cousins) and we would have a lot of money to make moves. I'm sure we could find players to overpay or buy picks so for me to trade for Paul George or another superstar but get out of contracts for the price of 2-1st rounders, I'm in. Paul's deal would have to be Hill and Moore while Kawhi could be Nico and Moore.

The ultimate deal for me would be a 3 way trade with Washington and the Spurs. We get Kawhi, Washington get Cousins, and Spurs get Beal. There could be other moving parts like Moore to Washington, Gortat to us, and Oubre to the Spurs

Pelican
    Rondo
    Jrue
    Kawhi
    Davis
    Nico/Gortat

Spurs
    Murray
    Beal
    Oubre
    LeMarcus
    Gasol

Washington
    Wall
    Moore
    Porter
    Morris
    Cousins (I'm assuming Cousins get close to 30 so took Jrue and Ajinca to make trade machine work).

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yat22b6n

But theoretically would Kawahi or George caliber players want to come here if it is not with both Boogie and AD?

Take Kawhi out of all of your scenarios. He ain’t coming here unless his contract is up.

https://www.yardbarker.com/mobile/co..._8061_26249108

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Take Kawhi out of all of your scenarios. He ain’t coming here unless his contract is up.

You can't tell me what to do.

I don't disagree, but the Spurs are in a tough spot. If they don't offer to supermax him this summer. he will op out next summer. So tradeing him this summer may be their best option. Receiving team getting a one yr rental, so it better be somewhere he wants to go.

Yeah, no way we could outbid Philly or Chicago. I really see him going to Philly. Fultz + Mikal Bridges(10 pick) + 26th + other picks would be nice for Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Yeah, no way we could outbid Philly or Chicago. I really see him going to Philly. Fultz + Mikal Bridges(10 pick) + 26th + other picks would be nice for Spurs
    Fultz and picks. No way! They have to part with more then that. EM and Solo and picks are more value than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Fultz and picks. No way! They have to part with more then that. EM and Solo and picks are more value than that.
    You think so? Fultz was the number 1 pick just last year in a deep draft, he likely has more value than EM and Solo combined. The number 10 pick probably has more value than any of our picks.

You think so? Fultz was the number 1 pick just last year in a deep draft, he likely has more value than EM and Solo combined. The number 10 pick probably has more value than any of our picks.
    Since you believe that an unproven guy and future prospects has more value then 2 rotational players plus prospects there is no point in trying to convince you otherwise.

Since you believe that an unproven guy and future prospects has more value then 2 rotational players plus prospects there is no point in trying to convince you otherwise.
    So you think we could trade Solomon Hill and Etwuan Moore for the #1 pick to draft DeAndre Ayton? Since he is unproven.

Fultz is broken right now so I'd say his value is on the level of Deanglo Russell.

Not saying Moore and Hill plus picks will get it done, because it won't, but I don't think Fultz has much value right now.

So you think we could trade Solomon Hill and Etwuan Moore for the #1 pick to draft DeAndre Ayton? Since he is unproven.
    Never did I say or think that, You said Philly would outbid us. I AGREE! Then you give a Mickey Mouse example. The Spurs are not a team in the tank. Picks are great, but guys that are usable pieces have value too. And to answer your question, all things considered equal, EM this yr, Solo pre injury, both on rookie scales, then ABSOLUTELY could. But wouldn't.

Never did I say or think that, You said Philly would outbid us. I AGREE! Then you give a Mickey Mouse example. The Spurs are not a team in the tank. Picks are great, but guys that are usable pieces have value too. And to answer your question, all things considered equal, EM this yr, Solo pre injury, both on rookie scales, then ABSOLUTELY could. But wouldn't.
    I gotcha. If Spurs trade Kawhi, I would think they are going into rebuild mode. They have no talent on that team to compete for a championship, just first round bounces. I dont think role players could be traded for a top 5 pick, it has never happened before. Like Clippers couldn't trade 12 and 13 to move into the top 5. Those picks are seen as gold around the league for good reason. But we agree that Philly would outbid us

Thread Information