Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Risky Business?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    I indicated herein that we are now in a situation where we have to get whatever possible this summer, including trying to extend Nico, sign Boogie and Rondo, and use every thing else including future picks except AD and Jrue, to get another piece. Because going forwad we are either a full on tax team, next summer AD supermax, or we blow it up
    Yes, This ^^

Niko has more trade value in February than this summer. He also will be our starter while Cousins rehabs himself back from injury. It makes no sense to trade him this summer given our situation and what his value will be later.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 06-02-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Who do you have in mind that would make our team better than if we kept Nico at say 18 mill per.? At 18, Nico is a steal . I don't see any 1 (or 2 players combined) at 18 mill that would make us better. Toss me some ideas. I suppose I can see a package somewhere if I can get a Middleton, Henson maybe. Or a Covington, Saric kinda package. But Nico has the perfect skillset for this team.

I'm with you that Niko fit perfect but with me now it's just a matter of position and dollars....I think a good SF that fit perfect is better next to jrue,,AD and boogie.....is it true that you want your best players on the floor to close out games?...if yes then how will AD,,Niko and boogie be on the floor together?.....if boogie is not in the plans and you make Niko your starting 5 and add a good SF then I could roll with that.....

I told you my wish list for this team now but you didn't like it......if it's possible i would trade Niko for Harrison Barnes and roll out rondo,,jrue,,Barnes,,AD and boogie against Houston or the warriors...that lineup has everything...scoring,,,defense,,,rebounding from all 5,,,3pt shooting,,,inside scoring when you need it,,floor general and a high IQ unit,,match up problems.....if you don't agree with anything I said,,you have to agree to this,,Barnes is the perfect SF for this team over Carroll because Barnes played and won with gentry and that's one of the reasons I want him on this team with jrue,boogie and AD because of need and fit......now if you can tell me a way to get Barnes without giving up Niko ,I would love that also......

The way the NBA is now,i want a big 4 on this team....a big 4 of Barnes,,jrue,boogie and AD all would be under 28yo now...it's a possibility to have them lock up for 4-5 years...that's a big 4 all under 33yo by that time.....I see a title or 2 starting season 19/20......you can add decent ring chasers to fill out the second unit.....I just see adding Barnes who know this system and who will be easy to fit in without the adjustment period......

It we can get pg13 it would be nice but Barnes is the type of young and good SF that majority of the people on this site want and say we need to get to the next level and you don't like it because you don't want to move Niko....this team need a good SF bad and if we can't sign someone to fill that need then Niko is the best option to fill that need......I'm looking at a 4/5 year young big 4 together at the main position we need to fix now and not another fixer upper....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    I'm with you that Niko fit perfect but with me now it's just a matter of position and dollars....I think a good SF that fit perfect is better next to jrue,,AD and boogie.....is it true that you want your best players on the floor to close out games?...if yes then how will AD,,Niko and boogie be on the floor together?.....if boogie is not in the plans and you make Niko your starting 5 and add a good SF then I could roll with that.....

I told you my wish list for this team now but you didn't like it......if it's possible i would trade Niko for Harrison Barnes and roll out rondo,,jrue,,Barnes,,AD and boogie against Houston or the warriors...that lineup has everything...scoring,,,defense,,,rebounding from all 5,,,3pt shooting,,,inside scoring when you need it,,floor general and a high IQ unit,,match up problems.....if you don't agree with anything I said,,you have to agree to this,,Barnes is the perfect SF for this team over Carroll because Barnes played and won with gentry and that's one of the reasons I want him on this team with jrue,boogie and AD because of need and fit......now if you can tell me a way to get Barnes without giving up Niko ,I would love that also......

The way the NBA is now,i want a big 4 on this team....a big 4 of Barnes,,jrue,boogie and AD all would be under 28yo now...it's a possibility to have them lock up for 4-5 years...that's a big 4 all under 33yo by that time.....I see a title or 2 starting season 19/20......you can add decent ring chasers to fill out the second unit.....I just see adding Barnes who know this system and who will be easy to fit in without the adjustment period......

It we can get pg13 it would be nice but Barnes is the type of young and good SF that majority of the people on this site want and say we need to get to the next level and you don't like it because you don't want to move Niko....this team need a good SF bad and if we can't sign someone to fill that need then Niko is the best option to fill that need......I'm looking at a 4/5 year young big 4 together at the main position we need to fix now and not another fixer upper....
    Barnes would cost a fortune. Not a good contract. IMO

Why do you believe that it is impossible for Boogie, AD, and Nico to be on the floor at the same time? They have different skill-sets that can easily complement each others. What team matches up with that front court? ABSOLUTELY NONE! Plus NICO cost a bunch less. And please, don't give the KD argument, AD can guard him.

Basketball Guru
    Why do you believe that it is impossible for Boogie, AD, and Nico to be on the floor at the same time? They have different skill-sets that can easily complement each others. What team matches up with that front court? ABSOLUTELY NONE! Plus NICO cost a bunch less. And please, don't give the KD argument, AD can guard him.

Do you honestly see gentry rolling out AD,boogie and cousins on the floor together against the warriors?....so now AD is at SF guarding KD away from the basket? So you taking him away from what he do best and that's roam and protect the rim......AD or Niko at SF now? OK.....did you not see jrue guarding KD?

Basketball Guru
    Barnes would cost a fortune. Not a good contract. IMO
    I just want a young big 4 at the 2-5 positions..however way we can make that happen, I'm good for the future...I just want to roll out with a big 4 intact for the 19/20 season and take on the top teams..

I just want a young big 4 at the 2-5 positions..however way we can make that happen, I'm good for the future...I just want to roll out with a big 4 intact for the 19/20 season and take on the top teams..
    Agreed, Jrue. AD. Cuz, and NICO. Make that FAB FIVE, add Kwahi or PG13

Do you honestly see gentry rolling out AD,boogie and cousins on the floor together against the warriors?....so now AD is at SF guarding KD away from the basket? So you taking him away from what he do best and that's roam and protect the rim......AD or Niko at SF now? OK.....did you not see jrue guarding KD?
    Do you really think Jrue would have been on KD if Cuz was low post rim protector. AD would own KD. People have to quit this foolish idea that we have to match up to others. Let them try to match us.

Basketball Guru
    Do you really think Jrue would have been on KD if Cuz was low post rim protector. AD would own KD. People have to quit this foolish idea that we have to match up to others. Let them try to match us.
    Smh lol...if we would have had cousins then McGee would have been at the 5 to match up with cousins....green at the 4...AD would be on green or west leaving jrue or someone else on KD....

If gentry go small ball, AD still is not on KD full-time or at all....AD would be at the 5 or 4 guard Iggy or green.....why do you keep taking AD from protecting the rim by putting him on KD? Lol......

Smh lol...if we would have had cousins then McGee would have been at the 5 to match up with cousins....green at the 4...AD would be on green or west leaving jrue or someone else on KD....

If gentry go small ball, AD still is not on KD full-time or at all....AD would be at the 5 or 4 guard Iggy or green.....why do you keep taking AD from protecting the rim by putting him on KD? Lol......
    I think a better question is why do you insist on AD at the five. Good grief man. Let's agree to disagree, but remember this, AD leaves if we keep him banging low post like some of you people continue to suggest. He needs to be out on the perimeter some on defense.

If Golden State seriously wants to run a lineup with McGee in the game against us at the expense of not playing Iggy then that's a win for us. McGee going against AD or Cousins is how he ends up on ShaqtinAFool.

The Franchise
    1. I think the only way we move nico is for a superstar. He fits the rotation perfectly especially when Cousins comes back full time.
    2. Worry about resigning nico next year and we have his bird rights but he’ll have more value at the trade deadline if we do decide to trade him.
    3. If Diallo is a rotational player great but he won’t be in the rotation in the playoffs. I personally think he should be traded for a second rounder.

If i had my way and thank god we don’t but I’d grab 4 second rounders. Take the best 2 and put them on the roster and make the other 2 the 2-way players. Preferably 2-SG and 2-SF’s

I feel like keeping Cousin is more beneficial than to get a SF to be Warriors/Houston lite when it comes to winning a championship. We aren't gonna out pace and space Warriors or Rockets in a 7 game series play at their own game. Which we combined like 2-8 against them in the regular season. Only can crack 1 win against the GSW in playoffs. I still don't think this brand of basketball will win us a chip anytime soon unless GSW and Rockets get old or break up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I feel like keeping Cousin is more beneficial than to get a SF to be Warriors/Houston lite when it comes to winning a championship. We aren't gonna out pace and space Warriors or Rockets in a 7 game series play at their own game. Which we combined like 2-8 against them in the regular season. Only can crack 1 win against the GSW in playoffs. I still don't think this brand of basketball will win us a chip anytime soon unless GSW and Rockets get old or break up.
    Here’s my take. If you’ve been paying attention, the teams that beat the Warriors are the ones that dominate them down low. In the games that HOU beat them, they destroyed GSW on the glass. The Cavs, before the refs gave the game to GSW, were beating them up in the post. Playing pace and space is not the way to beat them. Spurs did it in the past as well. I don’t think Gentry can take us where we want to go because he wants to fight fire with fire. If I want to put out a fire, I’m going to use water. I don’t know about y’all. Trying to play faster against the team that does fast ball better than anybody is crazy. I said all of that to say this. It’s important to pay Boogie because he is the key to getting past the pace and space teams. AD has proven in words and action that the post is not where he wants to be. Small ball AD plays on the wing on offense and gets manhandled by the likes of 6’4 Draymond Green on defense. Boogie allows AD to play where he’s comfortable. It’s crazy to think that Dell might not re-sign this dude to play fast ball when that’s not the winning formula IMO
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Basketball Guru
    I think a better question is why do you insist on AD at the five. Good grief man. Let's agree to disagree, but remember this, AD leaves if we keep him banging low post like some of you people continue to suggest. He needs to be out on the perimeter some on defense.

Dude I quit lol smdh...I never want AD at the 5...find on this site where I said and want AD as our starting 5?....I have and always said and told posters if we keep forcing AD to play the 5 then he may leave us and go to a team who guarantee him that he won't be their starting 5 or demand a trade to a team with a legit center......you will never see me suggest any scenario where AD is our starting center.....

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If Golden State seriously wants to run a lineup with McGee in the game against us at the expense of not playing Iggy then that's a win for us. McGee going against AD or Cousins is how he ends up on ShaqtinAFool.
    My point exactly and the reason why this team need a legit SF to go with our big 3 to have multiple match up problems in our favor....

Dude I quit lol smdh...I never want AD at the 5...find on this site where I said and want AD as our starting 5?....I have and always said and told posters if we keep forcing AD to play the 5 then he may leave us and go to a team who guarantee him that he won't be their starting 5 or demand a trade to a team with a legit center......you will never see me suggest any scenario where AD is our starting center.....
    Yet you don't want him guarding KD if it's needed. I guess I don't understand your logic. This best defensive player in the league, AD, is the only choice to put on KD. Have you never seen them match-up?

I want Jrue on Klay or Curry, not on KD, and when that happens, Nico and Cousins have upper hand.
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 06-02-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Yet you don't want him guarding KD if it's needed. I guess I don't understand your logic. This best defensive player in the league, AD, is the only choice to put on KD. Have you never seen them match-up?
    Yeah, I'm not following the specious logic of WHY we can't match up. Boogie-MCGee----AD-KD---& Nico-Draymond. Wow, that is a HUGE win for us. MCGee can't guard Boogie---KD won't guard AD---& I'll take a Nico-Draymond matchup everyday & twice on Sunday.

Yeah, I'm not following the specious logic of WHY we can't match up. Boogie-MCGee----AD-KD---& Nico-Draymond. Wow, that is a HUGE win for us. MCGee can't guard Boogie---KD won't guard AD---& I'll take a Nico-Draymond matchup everyday & twice on Sunday.
    Thanks, for a moment there I felt like I was in Bizarro World.

Basketball Guru
    Same question to you...do you honestly believe gentry would roll out a lineup with Ad,niko and boogie together?...it's gentry,,is that his game?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Here’s my take. If you’ve been paying attention, the teams that beat the Warriors are the ones that dominate them down low. In the games that HOU beat them, they destroyed GSW on the glass. The Cavs, before the refs gave the game to GSW, were beating them up in the post. Playing pace and space is not the way to beat them. Spurs did it in the past as well. I don’t think Gentry can take us where we want to go because he wants to fight fire with fire. If I want to put out a fire, I’m going to use water. I don’t know about y’all. Trying to play faster against the team that does fast ball better than anybody is crazy. I said all of that to say this. It’s important to pay Boogie because he is the key to getting past the pace and space teams. AD has proven in words and action that the post is not where he wants to be. Small ball AD plays on the wing on offense and gets manhandled by the likes of 6’4 Draymond Green on defense. Boogie allows AD to play where he’s comfortable. It’s crazy to think that Dell might not re-sign this dude to play fast ball when that’s not the winning formula IMO

I agree with you on this....I stand by OKC had the blueprint in beating the warriors with kantner and Adams scoring inside and offensive and defensive rebounds......we have that in boogie and AD but I dont think gentry is the coach to use them like OKC did before KD left......gentry can't help himself and will try to match up with small ball teams instead of using AD and boogie to dominate inside........that's why I want a coach who know how to use bigs to their advantage....

Same question to you...do you honestly believe gentry would roll out a lineup with Ad,niko and boogie together?...it's gentry,,is that his game?
    Does it matter, now you want people to know what is in the operation of someone else's (Gentry) mind. The discussion was/is what you/I and others here would like to see done.
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 06-02-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Basketball Guru
    Does it matter, now you want people to know what is in the operation of someone else's (Gentry) mind. The discussion was/is what you/I and others here would like to see done.
    I got you...you want the lineup to be
    Rondo
    Jrue
    AD
    Niko
    Boogie

I want a 4/5 year young big 4 of
    Jrue
    Barnes/pg13/kawhi or any young good SF..got Barnes first because I would trade Niko for him and think he is the easiest to get..
    AD
    Boogie

I understand now....

Thread Information