Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Risky Business?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Fultz is broken right now so I'd say his value is on the level of Deanglo Russell.

Not saying Moore and Hill plus picks will get it done, because it won't, but I don't think Fultz has much value right now.
    I wouldn't say he's broken, just as I wouldn't say Simmons was broken before this season. He looked amazing at the end of the regular season, he's still one year removed from being the consensus #1 pick in a crazy deep draft. Heck, I would trade Moore and Hill + pick for Fultz lol

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I wouldn't say he's broken, just as I wouldn't say Simmons was broken before this season. He looked amazing at the end of the regular season, he's still one year removed from being the consensus #1 pick in a crazy deep draft. Heck, I would trade Moore and Hill + pick for Fultz lol
    Amazing at the end of the regular season? This same guy who shot 17% and averaged less than 2 pts in the playoffs? Whatever happened over last summer to his shot also tanked his confidence. Not saying he will never get it back but he is headed down the Anthony Bennett path right now. That's why I said he only has as much value as Russell. What position you are drafted at only really matters for a short time.

You think anyone would trade Donovan Mitchell for Fultz?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Amazing at the end of the regular season? This same guy who shot 17% and averaged less than 2 pts in the playoffs? Whatever happened over last summer to his shot also tanked his confidence. Not saying he will never get it back but he is headed down the Anthony Bennett path right now. That's why I said he only has as much value as Russell. What position you are drafted at only really matters for a short time.

You think anyone would trade Donovan Mitchell for Fultz?
    No I dont think anyone would trade Donovan for Fultz right now but I do think he will end up being the better player. I think his playoff performance had more to do with only playing 14 regular season games and having to play more off Ben Simmons. He only played 23 total minutes in the playoffs. But he definitely showed flashes of why he was drafted #1 unlike Bennett who never did.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    No I dont think anyone would trade Donovan for Fultz right now but I do think he will end up being the better player. I think his playoff performance had more to do with only playing 14 regular season games and having to play more off Ben Simmons. He only played 23 total minutes in the playoffs. But he definitely showed flashes of why he was drafted #1 unlike Bennett who never did.
    That's my point. Fultz trade value is super low right now. He's not bringing a ton to the table.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Sign Cousins. Take the risk. High risk high reward. If we don’t sign him we probably won’t sign Rondo. If this happens I think AD will be very disappointed and want to leave. Then the stupid Boston rumors will be a reality. Dell should sign Boogie. Have a plan to work him back into the lineup as the season progresses.

We sign Boogie and Rondo. Maybe try to see what Frank Jackson can do. The kid has a 3 point shot and he’s athletic. We need a pg that can shoot when teams force Rondo to shoot because he’s terrible at shooting. I like the idea of Jackson getting playing time if he can handle it. You never know. He could be legit. Bottom line here is we absolutely need a pg who can score when Rondo becomes ineffective. If we have to trade to get Schroeder from Atlanta I’m open to it. He could help a lot....

Last but not least. SF. Gotta find a way to get a starting SF. I don’t know how Dell is going to approach this but we really need at least 3 guys who can play SF or both SG, SF. A SF who can DEFEND and hit 3s.

I know it’s probably impossible to do all of these moves but the priority is to resign Cousins. If Demps doesn’t get it done I’m going to be upset. Paul George won’t be coming to NOLA. Cousins is the best star we can get. Rondo is a no brainer. A pg who can really shoot would be the next issue to address. No one is going to stop Durant and Lebron. So now that I think about it I’m ok with giving Hill one more chance to improve himself and start the season healthy. Still, we have to get an additional SF.

We can play FAST while boogie rests. We can play slower and grind it out when Cousins is on the court. With lots of practice and high bbiq I think we can adjust and use multiple styles of offense. We will be a HUGE problem for teams if we can pull this off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree... give the man a 5 year deal so we can get great value and give him time to get back to his championship caliber playing... AD and Jrue will also have a lot more to look forward to if we lock Boogie down long term. There is no reason not to do this... If Dallas wants to give him 5 years at max, for for it... But if we can get Boogie for under max at 5 years (first couple years slightly discounted), we should do it. High risk, high rewards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by thisisowen View Post
    I agree... give the man a 5 year deal so we can get great value and give him time to get back to his championship caliber playing... AD and Jrue will also have a lot more to look forward to if we lock Boogie down long term. There is no reason not to do this... If Dallas wants to give him 5 years at max, for for it... But if we can get Boogie for under max at 5 years (first couple years slightly discounted), we should do it. High risk, high rewards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dallas can only offer him 4 years.

I could see a deal of SF Hill, C Ajinca, and a lottery protected 2019 1st round pick to the Nets for SF Carroll.

PG: Rondo/Jackson
    SG: Holiday/Moore
    SF: Carroll/Miller
    PF: Davis/Mirotic/Diallo
    C: Cousins/Okafor

OKC has a glut at the 3 position. If PG13 would pull a CP move, agree to S&T for this yr, we would get a 1 yr discount but have his bird rights.plus 10yr service to max him next summer. We send them AA, (back-up for Adams for 1 yr), EM, Solo, 2019 1st, and Diallo. We get PG, Singler, 2019 second. Then give Rondo 2 plus 1 team option at 6 mil per with only 12 mil guaranteed. Extend Nico 2 plus 1 for bird. Max Boogie. Sign gleague or vet min for rest of roster.

Rondo, Jackson, Jrue, ?, -pg
    Jrue, PG, Miller, Jackson, ? -sg
    PG, Miller, Singler, ? -sf
    AD, Nico, ? -pf
    Cuz, Oak, AD, ? -c
    5 roster spots -gleague or vet min
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 06-07-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    OKC has a glut at the 3 position. If PG13 would pull a CP move, agree to S&T for this yr, we would get a 1 yr discount but have his bird rights.plus 10yr service to max him next summer. We send them AA, (back-up for Adams for 1 yr), EM, Solo, 2019 1st, and Diallo. We get PG, Singler, 2019 second. Then give Rondo 2 plus 1 team option at 6 mil per with only 12 mil guaranteed. Extend Nico 2 plus 1 for bird. Max Boogie. Sign gleague or vet min for rest of roster.

AD, Nico, ? -pf
    Cuz, Oak, AD, ? -c
    To follow up on this, assuming PG and LBJ decide to go to Lakers, highly possible, Kawhi will be hard pressed to move there, SA has to supermax him or he can tell them to send him out since he can leave for nothing next summer. The best chance to get a ring is only with a few teams. One of which is the Pels. We send EM, Solo, 2019 1st and second and 2021 first. Get KL. I know Pop said never in the division trade but just maybe. Singler for AA could still happen, makes sense for both teams. We still have Diallo.

AD, Nico, ? -pf
    Cuz, Oak, AD, ? -c
    That Lux Tax gonna be like 30 million burh... We can't do that.

To follow up on this, assuming PG and LBJ decide to go to Lakers, highly possible, Kawhi will be hard pressed to move there, SA has to supermax him or he can tell them to send him out since he can leave for nothing next summer. The best chance to get a ring is only with a few teams. One of which is the Pels. We send EM, Solo, 2019 1st and second and 2021 first. Get KL. I know Pop said never in the division trade but just maybe. Singler for AA could still happen, makes sense for both teams. We still have Diallo.
    SURE... why not?... i'm in. I love my man Etwaun, but if Dell can make this happen, then praise be to Dell. Is it possible we could afford KL and Boogie's contracts?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    That Lux Tax gonna be like 30 million burh... We can't do that.
    We are a tax team no matter what going forward AD gets 46 mil per yr for 5 yrs next summer. So it's either that or blow it up.

Thread Information