Pelicans Report

Thread: Jrue and AD - First Team All-Defense

Something to be VERY proud about.

Well done to both.
    '' We are here!!''

It is well deserved for both of them ! Really proud of AD & Jrue and so happy to see all the haters who are criticizing their selection !

Huge applause for both guys, they both definitely deserve it. We all knew Jrue had to be getting that 1st team all defense, there was just absolutely no question about it. If he hadn't, I'd be making some angry phonecalls and some even angrier tweets. I'm aware they'd have no impact, but I'd still be doing it.

AD too, he's so close to DPOY. I think seeing AD and Gobert in the 1st team is a good sign that Embiid is probably not in the running for DPOY for real, which means it's between AD and Gobert. Tough sell for the media, but AD was clearly the better defender this season. So those spot allocations are promising. Has there ever been a DPOY that didn't make the all-defensive first team?

Edit: apparently we didn't all know it. Just seen some Spurs fans angry as hell, they think Dejounte Murray got snubbed for Jrue for first team

Edit- again: I forgot Marc Gasol won DPOY the year he was 2nd team all defense. That's the only one I can think of though.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 05-23-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    Basketball.

That’s awesome! I’m happy for them!

Thread Information