Pelicans Report

Thread: Rest In Peace: In the NO

Rest In Peace: In the NO

I've been listening to In the NO since I started grad school six years ago. They definitely helped me keep track of the Pelicans at a time when I didn't own a television.

I'm a little sad to see that they recorded their last episode.

I started grad school six years ago as well. In the NO helped me to keep track of the Pelicans when I too did not own a television. I am also sad to hear this news.

Are you a bizarro version of me?
    "Davis is gonna be the best Basketball Player Ever. ......Please quote me." -Silverfoxx

In the NO will continue it will just be Mason and Kumar hosting it instead.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I used to listen to every episode, but after finding out how big of a dbag McNamara is I kinda slowly lost interest.

Why are they changing the format?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Does anyone listen to the podcast the guy's at the birdwrights do? I listened for a bit, but I just didn't find it as good as in the NO. Is it worth listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Why are they changing the format?
    Ryan and Michael have had enough. It's been 300+ episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by PennStatePelican View Post
    Are you a bizarro version of me?
    Another parallel: we both went to land grant schools.

As for the pod, to me it just won't be the same without Ryan and Michael. I think they had excellent chemistry that made it both informative and entertaining. And it was definitely the two of them together that made it work. When Michael went on hiatus the quality definitely dropped.

The Bird Writes apparently has two pods. To me The Bird Calls is the superior of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I used to listen to every episode, but after finding out how big of a dbag McNamara is I immediately lost interest.
    FIFY

Does anyone know if MM is still writing for them? If he isn't involved anymore I might go back to reading their site.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    FIFY

Does anyone know if MM is still writing for them? If he isn't involved anymore I might go back to reading their site.
    He is a teacher in Utah (or he was) maybe he is busy with finals and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    FIFY

The Bird Writes has superseded BSS at this point. BSS's best writers only write intermittently. In the NO was the only thing I ever looked for consistently in the last year and a half.

MM decided to stop writing and podcasting. he is also off twitter.
    Many of you disliked MM, understand it. But that pod was the best. Fingers crossed for Kumar and Mason.

The Bird Calls is also good. Especially when they invite Grubb.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    A shame. I enjoyed Ryan and Michael for the 6+ years. They always provided a light-hearted side when times were tough.

I really like Kumar, and Mason's cool when he's not talking about politics. So hoping for the best for them.

About to listen now. Folks know how much I messed with MM, despite his internet tantics he and I were really cool and never had a issue. Dude was funny as hell to me. Been listening to in the NO for 7 years and it's been my favorite sports podcast and one of my favorite podcasts for years. I'm sad it's over, and I'm equally sad that MM removed his self from the internet. His sports takes is one of a kind, and he is probably my favorite Heel/bad guy sports writer since Jim Roume. Wish nothing but the best for coolest narcissist I've known in sports writing.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The Franchise
    Anyone that wants to put out a podcast or write open minded opinions about the pelicans is alright in my book. It doesn’t always have to be a love fest but I value all takes and enjoy all the options we have. Locked on, BSS, and bird writes are all good listens.

Worst pod is easily locked on pels.

I stopped listening to the pod b/c Schwan couldn’t pronounce Uh-mee-noo
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Thread Information