Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cousins Interview

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    I wasn't speaking of my own personal views, I was speaking of the fanbases view of Dell. I love Jrue and so does most of the fanbase, we view Jrue as a good contract now but 6 months ago? People were still calling it an overpay. There hasn't been sustained success with him. I believe we are on the right route but the people calling it an overpay 6 months ago weren't crazy, they had a legitimate point.
    I have to disagree. I was fine with the contract he got when he got it, and whilst it did divide the fanbase to some extent I think given his 1st team all-defense year, combined with averaging 20+ppg once Boogie went down combined with his elite performance on both ends in the playoffs should be enough to satisfy any reasonable person.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I have to disagree. I was fine with the contract he got when he got it, and whilst it did divide the fanbase to some extent I think given his 1st team all-defense year, combined with averaging 20+ppg once Boogie went down combined with his elite performance on both ends in the playoffs should be enough to satisfy any reasonable person.
    I agree with now, but the criticism which we are not too far removed from should not be forgotten. Jrue right now looks incredible, but he was horrid at the beginning of the year. He had 3 games above 20 points before Rondo came back. I think he is playing at a stellar level right now and hope he doesn't regress, nor do I expect him to, but the criticism should not go unheard or forgotten.
    Welcome to be here

I agree with now, but the criticism which we are not too far removed from should not be forgotten. Jrue right now looks incredible, but he was horrid at the beginning of the year. He had 3 games above 20 points before Rondo came back. I think he is playing at a stellar level right now and hope he doesn't regress, nor do I expect him to, but the criticism should not go unheard or forgotten.
    It's not unheard, it was basically impossible to go five minutes without hearing it at the beginning of the season, and it's not forgotten because we still have people (not specifically you) claiming he's overpaid today. He performed poorly before Rondo came back. AD also performed poorly for several games after Boogie went down, but nobody is claiming he's overpaid because of a short period of underperforming. You have to look at seasons in totality, because everybody goes through rough patches.

I’m more concerned about Dell than I am Boogie. Dell wasn’t exactly convincing at the presser that he wanted Boogie back. There seemed to be some hesitation and he mentioned money.
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 05-19-2018 at 07:22 PM.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

I wasn't speaking of my own personal views, I was speaking of the fanbases view of Dell. I love Jrue and so does most of the fanbase, we view Jrue as a good contract now but 6 months ago? People were still calling it an overpay. There hasn't been sustained success with him. I believe we are on the right route but the people calling it an overpay 6 months ago weren't crazy, they had a legitimate point.
    No they didn't. Enough of them kept calling it a "near max" contract. Which it isn't. Jrue was never overpaid and as of the last few months, he's probably underpaid.

AS long as they keep a legit point guard on this team, and he stays healthy, Jrue will not be an over pay.

The way I interpreted it is that he wants to come back. He seems like a type of guy who cares way more about the fans and players than the front office. He talked fondly about both of them. I don't understand this money thing either. I think Dell will offer and a 3 year/100 million and if he doesn't want that then Dell will offer him the 5 year max. When has Dell ever underpaid a FA? As fans, we constantly complain about Dell overpaying. Eric Gordon, Asik, Ajinca, Solomon Hill, and Jrue are all examples of overpays people have talked about. I don't think Dell will hold back on paying Boogie at all.
    I agree with this!

I have torn my Achilles and IMO Boogie will have 0 issue getting back to the player he was last season as soon as after the all star break or possibly into season 2 with a full summer to continue working on basketball with strength and movement fully being back. AD would be impacted more potentially by the injury then Boogie but even so I 100% he would make a recovery come back as good if not better. Boogie is not some high above the rim player at all. I don’t see him losing any athleticism outside of maybe when he first returns. I pay Boogie whatever it takes to bring him back. Before this injury he wasn’t even questioned getting full everything we could throw at him. I still think he’s worth giving full everything to if that’s what’s needed. Only way I consider losing Boogie is if it meant we were landing Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Demar Derozan, or some star wing that could take us to the next level. With Boogie back I think we are the biggest threat to the Warriors and Rockets with what we present with our bigs that no one else does along with arguably the best 2 way guard in the NBA.. as long as we can add a capable wing in the next year or 2 to that mixture while shedding Ajinca and Hill then this team is a serious contender. If someone like Frank Jackson develops into a stud combo guard off the bench would take this team to another level. We are in a very good position to be great and IMO that’s doing whatever it takes to keep Boogie.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Boogie is not some high above the rim player at all. I don’t see him losing any athleticism outside of maybe when he first returns.
    I've been saying this for awhile. Cousins isn't some high flyer like AD. His best attributes are his ball handling abilities, his passer IQ, and his size/weight. None of those are really affected by a loss of a step while he recovers. Worst case for Cousins is he becomes Marc Gasol. AD and Marc are still an extremely dangerous combo.

Thread Information