Pelicans Report

Thread: NBA Awards

NBA Awards

So the NBA just announced the final three for all of their top awards, and AD has made top three in two categories!

MVP Candidates: LeBron James, James Harden, Anthony Davis
    DPOY: Rudy Gobert, Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis.

He should win at least DPOY, what do you guys think the odds are that he wins either?
    Basketball.

MVP: Harden
    DPOY: Gobert
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    MVP: Harden
    DPOY: Gobert
    I agree. I don't those guys should win, but I think they will.

I don't see how Gobert or Embiid can win when both have missed so many games. Doesn't matter how good you are, need to do it for the whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't see how Gobert or Embiid can win when both have missed so many games. Doesn't matter how good you are, need to do it for the whole season.
    Yeah, Gobert played 56 games and Embiid played 63. AD played 75, and still arguably outperformed both of them (I would say definitively outperformed Gobert, and was a better perimeter defender than Embiid by far).

Win or not I'm so happy for Davis.This guy has added something significant to his game ever year. That kind of improvement comes from incredible work in the offseason. All the reason I thought he'd be the ultimate role player are at the heart of what makes him a low maintenance superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Win or not I'm so happy for Davis.This guy has added something significant to his game ever year. That kind of improvement comes from incredible work in the offseason. All the reason I thought he'd be the ultimate role player are at the heart of what makes him a low maintenance superstar.
    Agreed
    I'm a grinder

Ad needs a lights out scorer like lillard or irving in addition to jrue. We would be unstoppable with a scoring guard or sf

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, Gobert played 56 games and Embiid played 63. AD played 75, and still arguably outperformed both of them (I would say definitively outperformed Gobert, and was a better perimeter defender than Embiid by far).
    It's even more significant when you look at minutes played. AD played over 800 more minutes than Embiid and over 900 more than Gobert this season. Neither of those guys averaged more than 32mpg so you're looking at basically an extra 25 and 28 games worth of minutes AD played. That's over 1/4 of a season.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 05-17-2018 at 08:03 AM.

If you can look past Ben Simmons being in the NBA for an entire season (when nominating him for ROY), you can look past Embiid and Gobert playing fewer games than AD.

I don’t really care who wins what as I feel that they are all more than deserving.

If you can look past Ben Simmons being in the NBA for an entire season (when nominating him for ROY), you can look past Embiid and Gobert playing fewer games than AD.

I don’t really care who wins what as I feel that they are all more than deserving.
    Well I have Donovan Mitchell for ROTY. So yeah.

I agree that it's stupid Simmons is eligible for ROTY.

Thread Information