Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Boogie is gone

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Resign Rondo but I think they would start jrue if they don’t resign Rondo in any case. I know he’s played better off guard but if we don’t get another pg then he is it.
    respectfully disagree , not gonna happen.

I dont think that tweet means a damn thing.

Nevertheless, if he isn't going to be back with us, I still think the S&T with Washington is one of the few that he accepts AND helps us... and not for Beal.. but Porter. They have Oubre who can play SF and we need the length and stroke of Otto Porter at SF

Elfrid Payton/rondo
    Jrue Holliday
    Otto Porter
    Mitroic
    AD

Basketball Guru
    Everyone on this board would do antics if you were in boogie shoes this season so expect more to come...

If you are a business owner then you would understand the pels doing their part as the business.......

I'm only worried about the Lakers playing games with us in these negotiations to try and put star power back in Los Angeles...

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post

Nevertheless, if he isn't going to be back with us, I still think the S&T with Washington is one of the few that he accepts AND helps us... and not for Beal.. but Porter. They have Oubre who can play SF and we need the length and stroke of Otto Porter at SF

Elfrid Payton/rondo
    Jrue Holliday
    Otto Porter
    Mitroic
    AD
    If we go into next season with that as our starting 5, you might as well trade AD too.. He has been on record numerous times saying he does not want to play the 5 full time

The media wants him gone....this team just isn't fun to talk about and they never will be....Davis is gonna walk as well.....there's talk of the Rockets getting Lebron now.....there's just no use trying to fight the trend of a league that is killing itself

Basketball Guru

Elfrid Payton/rondo
    Jrue Holliday
    Otto Porter
    Mitroic
    AD

IMO if we force ad to play the 5 full time then he will leave the pelicans when his time come or we would also be doing a sign and trade with him......

Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan989 View Post
    The media wants him gone....this team just isn't fun to talk about and they never will be....Davis is gonna walk as well.....there's talk of the Rockets getting Lebron now.....there's just no use trying to fight the trend of a league that is killing itself
    I really dont see how Lebron would help the Rockets at all.. Too many ball dominat players on one team

The Franchise

Elfrid Payton/rondo
    Jrue Holliday
    Otto Porter
    Mitroic
    AD
    If we got porter I think we also get Gortat. So he’s our center for big lineups and Mirotic for small ball just like at the end of the year. If not we keep okafor and spot start him over Mirotic. I’m starting to come around on the idea of not having cousins but still think our team is better with him.

Bye. We clearly better without him and he wont be cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Lol ! Boogie & his CAMP have ZERO leverage in any aspect of this negotiation, 1) Hes known to be a head case 2) Hes coming back from an injury that is unpredictable (especially for a bigger guy). 3) The Pelicans can give him MORE money than anybody else (if they choose). So,his camp can squawk as if they are uncomfortable, to put pressure on the Pels, but Boogie literally holds ZERO cards in this poker game. The only way this antic helps him, is if the PELS fold on his Bluff. Aint gonna happen.
    Do you think Boogie has more or less leverage than Asik did?

Lol ! Boogie & his CAMP have ZERO leverage in any aspect of this negotiation, 1) Hes known to be a head case 2) Hes coming back from an injury that is unpredictable (especially for a bigger guy). 3) The Pelicans can give him MORE money than anybody else (if they choose). So,his camp can squawk as if they are uncomfortable, to put pressure on the Pels, but Boogie literally holds ZERO cards in this poker game. The only way this antic helps him, is if the PELS fold on his Bluff. Aint gonna happen.
    They have potential leverage, possibly a lot, but it is wholly dependent on forces that they don’t have control over. It’s leverage that can be used if the chips fall right.

That leverage is the potential market rate for Boogie’s services. If LA can get George and Boogie to buy in, or even LeBron, Boogie’s leverage goes up. If Dallas thinks he can be a cornerstone piece and are willing to throw a max, he gains leverage. But the greatest potential leverage he could get in his corner is AD. If AD gets ticked off, and not just ticked off but CP3/Dwest I’m done if you trade Chandler mad, the entire calculus from Demps has to change.

It's all risk mitigation. On a neutral plane, of course you'd want Cousins on your team. But given the injury you'd really be rolling the dice with the team's future to lock in a long term deal at or near the max. You hate to let elite talent just walk away and I'm not sure at all that Davis could play a full season the way he did after DeMarcus was hurt. He'd be worn down to a nub, all apologies to Alvin's references to LeBron's minutes. I think you've got to limit the offer to a shorter term or at least one with an back exit for the team in case he can't come back/it doesn't work out. If someone is willing to lock in a longterm deal with him, I'd take the hit and let him go. It's just too risky.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Do you think Boogie has more or less leverage than Asik did?
    Golly,I hope thats sarcasm!
    So, lets see-> If my statement was "Boogie has Zero Leverage"- this would axiomatically mean that ASIK could NOT have any less leverage than Boogie. But, I truly dont see any correlation at all between the two situations.But,if you wanna know who was in a better position-> it was definitely ASIK. He was Garbage, UNDER CONTRACT for 10,000,000 per year for 2017-18 & 18-19 ! NO matter what, he was getting paid.Boogie,on the other hand is receiving ZERO $$$ until he is signed. Pre-Injury,Boogie had some leverage. Post injury there is NOBODY going to pay him Max yr/Money contract. So, as far as the Pelicans go- PELS have all the leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    They have potential leverage, possibly a lot, but it is wholly dependent on forces that they don’t have control over. It’s leverage that can be used if the chips fall right.

That leverage is the potential market rate for Boogie’s services. If LA can get George and Boogie to buy in, or even LeBron, Boogie’s leverage goes up. If Dallas thinks he can be a cornerstone piece and are willing to throw a max, he gains leverage. But the greatest potential leverage he could get in his corner is AD. If AD gets ticked off, and not just ticked off but CP3/Dwest I’m done if you trade Chandler mad, the entire calculus from Demps has to change.
    How does LA give Boogie 30 million if hes not playing until January? The Pelicans can win without Boogie. On the other hand, who is going to pay Boogie Max $$ at 28yrs old, Torn Achilles & a walking mental cramp at times? PELICANS have ALL of the leverage in this negotiation. BOOGIES Crew has Zip, Zero, Nada. You act as though AD is a NBA business moron. He is not going to throw a tantrum if Boogie doesnt return. AD seems like a smart guy & a smart guy would realize that giving a damaged product 1/3 of the salary cap could absolutely destroy what the Pels are trying to build.
    Last edited by Tinman; 05-16-2018 at 12:19 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    How does LA give Boogie 30 million if hes not playing until January? The Pelicans can win without Boogie. On the other hand, who is going to pay Boogie Max $$ at 28yrs old, Torn Achilles & a walking mental cramp at times? PELICANS have ALL of the leverage in this negotiation. BOOGIES Crew has Zip, Zero, Nada.
    The pelicans don’t have that much leverage. The injury is a huge deal but this is the best center in the league by far. One of the best players in the league. Top 10 before he got hurt. Demps better not let him walk. Don’t overpay for the first year of contract to give flexibility for other players. I’d give him a huge contract if he is progressing well and if he’d take a cut the first year of the contract. In other words the structure of the contract has to work for both sides and Boogie needs to be given very positive incentives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    The pelicans don’t have that much leverage. The injury is a huge deal but this is the best center in the league by far. One of the best players in the league. Top 10 before he got hurt. Demps better not let him walk. Don’t overpay for the first year of contract to give flexibility for other players. I’d give him a huge contract if he is progressing well and if he’d take a cut the first year of the contract. In other words the structure of the contract has to work for both sides and Boogie needs to be given very positive incentives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pelicans have ALL the leverage. They can give him a boatload more $$$ that anyone else. Thats Leverage. He was NOT the best center in the league by far. A bit hyperbolic considering he never won more than 35 games in 7 seasons in Sacramento. We also know that we can win without him ! 25-14 (through the Portland series) without him. 10 game winning streak & a 9 game winning streak. We are 1-2 players away from being legit contenders. & Boogie doesnt have to be 1 of them. You seem to want to coddle Boogie at any cost. Hes NOT our savior, Hell, we dont even know when hes going to play again.

How does LA give Boogie 30 million if hes not playing until January? The Pelicans can win without Boogie. On the other hand, who is going to pay Boogie Max $$ at 28yrs old, Torn Achilles & a walking mental cramp at times? PELICANS have ALL of the leverage in this negotiation. BOOGIES Crew has Zip, Zero, Nada. You act as though AD is a NBA business moron. He is not going to throw a tantrum if Boogie doesnt return. AD seems like a smart guy & a smart guy would realize that giving a damaged product 1/3 of the salary cap could absolutely destroy what the Pels are trying to build.
    Actually, Boogie holds ALOT of leverage..

If we let him walk, we only have the MLE to try to sign someone (Rondo), and then we are forced into signing minimum contract type guys, or trying to trade for people..

We can re-sign Boogie using his bird rights, still re-sign rondo using the MLE, and then fill out the rest of the roster with minimum type guys, and STILL have all our pieces to make trades...

We are way better with Boogie than without him

Yup waaay better with out boogie so you guys are all cool with not resigning him regressing next season gentry and dell fired ad asking for a trade and we're back in complete rebuild mode. So that's what you guys are cool with lol wow

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

If Boggie leaves as a free agent, might as well ship AD to Boston for Brown and Tatum. Time to start over, AD won't want to wait around.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Yup waaay better with out boogie so you guys are all cool with not resigning him regressing next season gentry and dell fired ad asking for a trade and we're back in complete rebuild mode. So that's what you guys are cool with lol wow

So, Boogie is playing next season? We have found the person on this forum that has studied sports medicine, finally.

So, Boogie is playing next season? We have found the person on this forum that has studied sports medicine, finally.
    Well that was bad, do you wanna try again?

I’m not really interested in playing this all or nothing hyperbole game.

You want to think that, go ahead, but fact is this isn’t an all or nothing situation.

Some team is going to be willing to offer Boogie a significant contract. He is the best center in the league. A team will take a flyer on that. Which by definition does give him leverage. How much leverage will depend entirely on what that market rate gets set at. And AD certainly wants him back. All the evidence we have points us in the direction of him thinking that. You can speculate all you want that maybe he is ok with letting him walk, but as of this typing there is no evidence made public that AD is ok with letting Boogie walk. What we do have is AD’s incredibly close friendship and nothing but inclusive statements about what he and the team with Boogie could do next year, and about how he wishes him well, wants him back, and thinks they had something special brewing.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 05-16-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post

How is 25-14 without Boogie considered rebuilding? AD is NOT a child. If Dell says= Hey AD, we just signed Paul George & made a trade for Andre Drummond. You guys act as though AD is still playing in a sandbox & is gonna get mad because his buddy had to leave.

I’m not really inter dyed in playing this hyperbole game.

You want to think that, go ahead, but fact is this isn’t an all or nothing situation.

Some team is going to be willing to offer Boogie a significant contract. He is the best center in the league. A team will take a flyer on that. Which by definition does give him leverage. And AD certainly wants him back. All the evidence we have points us to him thinking that. You can speculate all you want, but as of this typing there is no evidence that AD is ok with letting Boogie walk.
    He is NOT the best center in the league. He CANT PLAY & you dont know when he will be able to play or be 100% (if ever) As far as speculation- lol- thats all you do.You are speculating that AD is NOT ok with Boogie leaving. AD wants to WIN! Period.

I’m not really interested in playing this all or nothing hyperbole game.

Some team is going to be willing to offer Boogie a significant contract. He is the best center in the league. A team will take a flyer on that. Which by definition does give him leverage. How much leverage will depend entirely on what that market rate gets set at. And AD certainly wants him back. All the evidence we have points us in the direction of him thinking that. You can speculate all you want that maybe he is ok with letting him walk, but as of this typing there is no evidence made public that AD is ok with letting Boogie walk. What we do have is AD’s incredibly close friendship and nothing but inclusive statements about what he and the team with Boogie could do next year, and about how he wishes him well, wants him back, and thinks they had something special brewing.
    BTW- Hyperbole? Yeah, i dont think that word applies here.Try a different one, heh heh heh. Pels have the leverage, Boogie does not. My Opinion. Not right, not wrong, not hyperbole (as you put it) Opinion. BTW- If there is room for differences of opinions, thus it is based on speculation.

Thread Information