Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Boogie is gone

Strong feelings on that name. Insert name of player that would help the Pels that another team would trade away as pure salary dump here... Sure Batum has dealt with injuries, but so did Jrue and now look how he’s doing. Batum played a lot better in the second half of the season once healthy. He is an all-around high b-ball IQ SF, but yea probably too much of a risk with his huge salary, possibly if Hill’s contract could somehow be cleared in the process.

If Boogie chooses to sign with a team like Mavs or Lakers, who can sign him straight up and may likely offer the most money long term- then those teams may be good business partners and structure it as a sign and trade so Pels could get a 20+mil trade exception (which it looks like can only be used to receive back one player in return). Or they could say screw it, why help a division/conference rival. Then it’s a repeat of this roster minus DMC and possibly Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Letting Boogie go so we can absorb Batum is literally the worse outcome that could happen. I’d fire Dell, Gentry, you for bringing this ish up, everybody that co-signed it and revoke season tix of any fan onboard with it.
    It wouldn’t be letting Boogie go. It would be Boogie choosing to sign with another team who is offering a lot more money/years than Benson has allowed Dell to offer. What is your idea to improve the roster if/when this scenario happens? You can revoke my season tix, I don’t go to games, just watch on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    It wouldn’t be letting Boogie go. It would be Boogie choosing to sign with another team who is offering a lot more money/years than Benson has allowed Dell to offer. What is your idea to improve the roster if/when this scenario happens? You can revoke my season tix, I don’t go to games, just watch on tv.
    My plan is simple. Pay the man and move on. They paid Jrue when he didn’t deserve it so you can’t turn around and pass on Boogie. That’s ****** backwards.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    This myth that Benson held Dell back from offering more money is just that, a myth. When has Dell ever lacked the funds to pay a player we wanted to keep?

To the contrary, ownership and staff have all said the same thing, they will do what's necessary to build a championship level team, including going in the tax for the right player.

This thread title is terrible. Talk about overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    This thread title is terrible. Talk about overreacting.
    This x100000000000000!

Must spend wisely, committing large resources for someone who "might" make a full recovery from a very serious injury is not spending wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Must spend wisely, committing large resources for someone who "might" make a full recovery from a very serious injury is not spending wisely.
    What's your other alternative?? Boogie is the only big man we can sign (outside of min contract players)...

If we let Boogie walk we effectively do 3 things:
    1 (and the biggest) ******** off AD

2) No big man, 1 hole that needs to be filled through trade

3) No trade assets left to aquire a SF (opens another hole)

You could even throw a 4th thing in there, if Boogie leaves I dont know if Rondo would come back..

This team is worlds better with Boogie here than without him

I can see him choosing the Pels even if the Mavs offer the max
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I think boogie will sign a lucrative 2+1 but not the max with us. Lakers and Mavs offer us whatever they can for a trade. If no trade is made we still need to address the 2/3 position via draft/trade this offseason.

Dallas has a few assets that I want and they can absorb Hill too
    I would like Wesley....then I remembered the Mavs gave him a max contract.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orlea...cans/cap/2018/

If we don't get Boogie back... Dell is gonna have to perform some magic to make this work.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Signing Boogie is priority alpha unless it can be parlayed into getting LeBron or Kawhai.

So...priority alpha.

Once that is assured, we'll see about the rest. I'm sure there's a move no one is thinking of because it involves a player firmly entrenched in our psyche as certain to be kept.

Like we somehow get Josh Jackson or someone.

Or, good Lord, Jimmy Butler.

Pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Pretty clear.
    It makes sense. Ain’t nobody want to go to the team that’s paying the least.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Boogie is gone ... until he starts coming off the bench on limited minutes in November with time off for back-to-backs.

In the meantime the pels will start:

rondo
    jrue
    moore
    mirotic
    davis

I'm okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    It makes sense. Ain’t nobody want to go to the team that’s paying the least.
    Yeah. Jrue and Holiday got theirs. Can’t blame Boogie for doing the same. I think what this means is that if the pelicans will match any team’s offer than he’s staying. That’s more than fair!

Kinda what I was thinking. We match another teams max without offering the supermax. We spend a truckload of cash but not as bad as it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Kinda what I was thinking. We match another teams max without offering the supermax. We spend a truckload of cash but not as bad as it could be.
    Boogie is not eligible for the supermax since he was traded.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Technically NO, but it really isn't relevant. We can offer a boatload more than anyone else. 5/176 is Boogies max. That's 35+ . No other team can offer close to that.

He is eligible for an extra year. My guess is he may prefer the 2+1 max so that his next contract is eligible for the 10 year player max. I think our only competition may be the Mavs. That is only if they are willing to throw a ton of money at a big man, known for being tough to handle internally, coming off of an achilles injury.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjF7R41B7tr/

Hes getting better and better... Starting to jump a little bit on it

I saw that vid too. Little hop is better than no hop

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BjF7R41B7tr/

Hes getting better and better... Starting to jump a little bit on it
    He supposed to ! It's been 4 months, minus 3 days.I'd say having a Phil Mickelson leap is about where anyone else would be in their recovery.

Dell deserves whatever backlash that he gets if he opts to low ball Boogie and he leaves. On top of that, you send a message to our other star that money is more important than winning. I heard them say on NBA radio that the Pels should sign and trade for Otto Porter I would literally picket at every home game to get Dell removed from his job.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Dell deserves whatever backlash that he gets if he opts to low ball Boogie and he leaves. On top of that, you send a message to our other star that money is more important than winning. I heard them say on NBA radio that the Pels should sign and trade for Otto Porter I would literally picket at every home game to get Dell removed from his job.
    They meant Durant right??

Rumors are swirling also that KAT maybe on the trade block.. That would be a trade I would do a s&t for Boogie for (there aren't many)

Thread Information