Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	741 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	6336
    I guess that seals it.

IMO grown men don't follow anybody

i was about to post this.. well done

Not sure grown means gone but business is business. I’m sure he’s trying to protect himself after Sacramento stabbed him in the back. I think they will work things out and get him a deal with the Pels.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Not sure grown means gone but business is business. I’m sure he’s trying to protect himself after Sacramento stabbed him in the back. I think they will work things out and get him a deal with the Pels.
    Why unfollow ? Imo his gone

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Boogie owes us nothing, so I get it. I also have to think the discussions of maybe a shorter term deal with less pay put a sour taste in his mouth.

And usually, when there's smoke, there's fire.

LMAO! Delete this.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    LMAO! Delete this.
    Why
    SIGN A SF

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Would hope we could at least get a S&T. Kinda suck if we don't get anything.

I don't think this seals anything by any means, but it is interesting. Like someone else said, making it clear that it's business negotiation time beyond all the saying the right things to media.

Just for fun, which teams 1)would DMC want to go to, 2)that a team would also be interesting in adding him 3)team either having cap space to sign him outright and willingness to do so OR willingness to give up matching salaried players in a sign-n-trade that would be good for them and the Pels.

1) WASH -- Wall connection, contender-ish
    2) MLKE -- Bledsoe connection, contender in process?
    3) Lakers - cap space, Boogie could like the big lights
    4) PORT -- could be desperate to make a big move to help DL/CJM
    5)CHA -- MJ/Kupchak make a swing the fence move and willing to pay DMC big?

Those are really the only teams that seem close to fitting all criteria. And of course, Pels still a possibility.

It's part of the game to force the deal he wants since there were rumors that leaked about the Pels balking at offering the full 5 year max. It will get done and he will get the contract he wants from us.

You either have talent or you don't in this league and you don't let talent like Cousins walk.

Yea this definitely isn’t a good sign. IMO it shows there is no guarantee he returns and will go to the highest bidder. I love Boogie and would be willing to go as high as we need to. A few million dollars a years and a couple of extra years on his deal could be what it takes to get him signed here.. a few million dollars isn’t going to be the difference in landing a game changer for this team.. to win big you have to take risks and keeping Boogie on the Pelicans is a risk worth taking.

Lol.
    He just means because he is a grown man and he can do whatever he wants.

He is a FA.
    It means nothing.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    It smells like an agent move. "Hey send out a cryptic tweet and unfollow the team. It will drive the price up."

I don't think it's Dell's style to talk numbers this early in the process. Probably don't even know what his options are at this point. I think all of unfollowing talk is good for business in Boogie's case. Gets his name on the minds of media, fans and most importantly, GM's

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's part of the game to force the deal he wants since there were rumors that leaked about the Pels balking at offering the full 5 year max. It will get done and he will get the contract he wants from us.

You either have talent or you don't in this league and you don't let talent like Cousins walk.
    You don't let him walk if he doesnt hurt his achilles.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    A bunch of nothing and fear mongering. All probably intentional because they know how people overanalyze and panic over the littlest thing.

I mean, did we learn nothing about the whole Coachella/Las Vegas during the playoffs thing?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    A bunch of nothing and fear mongering. All probably intentional because they know how people overanalyze and panic over the littlest thing.

I mean, did we learn nothing about the whole Coachella/Las Vegas during the playoffs thing?
    I get it. But usually this doesn’t end well for the team being unfollowed, as shown in the past.

The Coachella thing was useless speculation with no evidence being provided behind it.

Yeah, because Julio unfollowing the Falcons in Twitter sure meant he was gone too

Negotiations, all it is

I don't blame the Pels one bit for not just signing him to a max 5 year deal. I guess many of you are either forgetting or just plain ignoring the
    fact that he is still recovering from a serious injury. There are no guarantees he makes a full recovery. Business is business on both ends not
    just on Cousin's. I would not be one bit surprised if the Pels decide or have already decided to move ahead without him.
    Last edited by stormcenter; 05-16-2018 at 09:03 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I get it. But usually this doesn’t end well for the team being unfollowed, as shown in the past.

The Coachella thing was useless speculation with no evidence being provided behind it.
    The only evidence here is circumstantial though.

I could see if it was like Dennis Schroder and he's upset because the Hawks are at the bottom of the East and some report says he literally is asking for a trade.

But this? This isn't smoke from a fire, it's cigarette smoke.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bdnp1 View Post
    Why unfollow ? Imo his gone
    Lol ! Boogie & his CAMP have ZERO leverage in any aspect of this negotiation, 1) Hes known to be a head case 2) Hes coming back from an injury that is unpredictable (especially for a bigger guy). 3) The Pelicans can give him MORE money than anybody else (if they choose). So,his camp can squawk as if they are uncomfortable, to put pressure on the Pels, but Boogie literally holds ZERO cards in this poker game. The only way this antic helps him, is if the PELS fold on his Bluff. Aint gonna happen.
    Last edited by Tinman; 05-16-2018 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Lol.
    He just means because he is a grown man and he can do whatever he wants.

He is a FA.
    It means nothing.
    This.

The Franchise
    I’d like to have cousins back but I won’t die if he doesn’t come back. Guys just trying to make his money and it’s a gamble both ways. I’ve been thinking about what we could get for him and I like our options.

If he wants Washington, it has to be a sign and trade because of salary cap for them. I think there is a good chance they would move Beal instead of Porter (plus porter has 15% trade kicker, not sure if Beal does). Beal and Wall have supposedly not got along and good sf are a hard thing to find. Sign and trade Cousins for 30 mill along with Moore so they still have a SG for Beal and Gortat.

If he wants the lakers, I know the lakers have cap space but they can’t sign George and maybe Lebron if they use their cap money. So I could see a partial sign and trade say Cousins for sign and trade Randle and my pipe dream would be Kuzma. The lakers could turn around a still trade for PG or Lebron by giving Deng and picks.

I really don’t see another good option besides him resigning but I like our chances and what we could get back. Beal would be perfect or if we wanted, the spurs maybe willing to flip Beal for Leonard.

Jrue, Frank
    Beal or Kawhi
    Hill, Miller
    Davis, Mirotic
    Gortat

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I’d like to have cousins back but I won’t die if he doesn’t come back. Guys just trying to make his money and it’s a gamble both ways. I’ve been thinking about what we could get for him and I like our options.

If he wants Washington, it has to be a sign and trade because of salary cap for them. I think there is a good chance they would move Beal instead of Porter (plus porter has 15% trade kicker, not sure if Beal does). Beal and Wall have supposedly not got along and good sf are a hard thing to find. Sign and trade Cousins for 30 mill along with Moore so they still have a SG for Beal and Gortat.

If he wants the lakers, I know the lakers have cap space but they can’t sign George and maybe Lebron if they use their cap money. So I could see a partial sign and trade say Cousins for sign and trade Randle and my pipe dream would be Kuzma. The lakers could turn around a still trade for PG or Lebron by giving Deng and picks.

I really don’t see another good option besides him resigning but I like our chances and what we could get back. Beal would be perfect or if we wanted, the spurs maybe willing to flip Beal for Leonard.

Jrue, Frank
    Beal or Kawhi
    Hill, Miller
    Davis, Mirotic
    Gortat
    Jrue is NOT going back to being Starting PG . Repeat- Jrue is NOT going back to being Starting PG

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Jrue is NOT going back to being Starting PG . Repeat- Jrue is NOT going back to being Starting PG
    Resign Rondo but I think they would start jrue if they don’t resign Rondo in any case. I know he’s played better off guard but if we don’t get another pg then he is it.

Thread Information