Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Boogie is gone

It's generated a great discussion here. But if you check his Twitter page and look at who he follows, he follows the Pelicans official Twitter page. Maybe he unfollowed them to create a little buzz? But as of right now, the team is back on his list.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

Basketball Guru
    The Lakers are a desperate team looking for star power and will make us give boogie more than we want to.....

I expect boogie to play after the all star break but I'm not thinking about now,,I'm thinking about the future so if boogie play this season or not don't matter to me now.....this season I want us to get a SF to play with ad,,jrue and boogie come 2019-20 season......I want us to trade Niko for a SF and my preference is Harrison Barnes who is another young player to go with our big 3...it don't make sense to keep Niko and have him and ad making all that money playing the same position because I believe having ad,,jrue,,boogie and Barnes as our big 4,, we can find a back up PF to come here and play for the minimum.......

This season I'm all about using Niko to secure Barnes or another SF,,,hope we sign a bigger guard that can shoot,,,banking on a healthy cousins in 19-20 season and let that team roll out and show the league they are made of......it's the long plan now that we have the pieces to make it happen....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    The Lakers are a desperate team looking for star power and will make us give boogie more than we want to.....

I expect boogie to play after the all star break but I'm not thinking about now,,I'm thinking about the future so if boogie play this season or not don't matter to me now.....this season I want us to get a SF to play with ad,,jrue and boogie come 2019-20 season......I want us to trade Niko for a SF and my preference is Harrison Barnes who is another young player to go with our big 3...it don't make sense to keep Niko and have him and ad making all that money playing the same position because I believe having ad,,jrue,,boogie and Barnes as our big 4,, we can find a back up PF to come here and play for the minimum.......

This season I'm all about using Niko to secure Barnes or another SF,,,hope we sign a bigger guard that can shoot,,,banking on a healthy cousins in 19-20 season and let that team roll out and show the league they are made of......it's the long plan now that we have the pieces to make it happen....
    Why would you trade away a key piece ? Mirotic is a better shooter than Barnes & 3" taller. So, trade Nico for Barnes & we improve how? Barnes starts at the 3 & we have no punch off the bench. I like Barnes ,but certainly not at the expense of Mirotic.

6th Ward --- you willing to pay Barnes 25 million for the next couple of years? I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Again, Jrue and Asik weren't crippled. Pels have the leverage because we can offer him a substantial amount $ juxtaposed to other teams. We can offer him 35+ per yr. no other team can offer him over 30. So, that's a 5,000,000 dollar leverage point for the Pels. Also, no other team is going to offer Boogie THEIR max, unless it's a crappy team in total rebuild (doubt Boogie would want to go to a loser again). That's a second leverage point for the Pels. 3) If contender offers Boogie a contract, I'm hypothesizing 25-28 million, then Dell can weigh his options - AT that Inflection point. NOT at 35 million. So,IMHO, Boogie has NO CARDS (can still try and Bluff)! BUT- if no other team makes a legitimate offer, then Boogie can't even bluff. He has to fold.
    Ok, I guess we just define leverage differently. That's cool.

Basketball Guru
    Why would you trade away a key piece ? Mirotic is a better shooter than Barnes & 3" taller. So, trade Nico for Barnes & we improve how? Barnes starts at the 3 & we have no punch off the bench. I like Barnes ,but certainly not at the expense of Mirotic.

I stated why.....say we have boogie and ad ..to me it don't make sense to have Niko and ad making all that money at the same position...Niko,,ad and boogie at the 4 and 5 making over 80mil don't sit right with me with any help at the 1-3...we can get a PF who can bring bench help for less money....

To me Niko is the only piece I see that can get us a SF who can play ball......Barnes is a SF who is young with our big 3...the guy can shoot the 3,,defense good SF,,,,rebound,,score inside and out...to me he is a younger pg13.......if this team could trade for Barnes and keep Niko,,I'm all for it but I want a big 4 starting and a good SF that this team desperate need.....

Can you honestly say that jrue,,ad,,Barnes and boogie is not an upgrade and won't attract good players to take the minimum to play back up roles with how the NBA is going today?......our big 4 would be 28yo and under tied up for 4 or 5 years together and you are telling me that you would not ride with those 4 young studs?......if not,im sorry ,I'm taking those 4 and betting on a title or 2..you can keep Niko bruh.....

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Ok, I guess we just define leverage differently. That's cool.
    Let's just say- Boogie would've had a whole bunch more leverage w/out Achilles rupture. If there's room for opinion, then there usually isn't a right or wrong answer. Its all relative based on said person's perception. Early July should be interesting.

Basketball Guru
    6th Ward --- you willing to pay Barnes 25 million for the next couple of years? I'm not.
    Yes in deed.....now I have not paid attention to the players you mentioned so may be they may be a better fit with jrue ad and boogie but I'll take a SF who can do what Barnes does for less money,,I just don't know who they are..

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    Yes in deed.....now I have not paid attention to the players you mentioned so may be they may be a better fit with jrue ad and boogie but I'll take a SF who can do what Barnes does for less money,,I just don't know who they are..
    Don't misunderstand . I like Barnes, but not for 13 million more than Nico. I think 25 mill is way to steep for Barnes. I like Brandon Ingram more than Barnes (especially contract wise). I like Robert Covington (beast on Defense & kick down 3pt shooter) Much cheaper than Barnes.

Miami could be an interesting Sign&trade option I haven’t seen discussed here yet. Saw it on realgm trade board . Some combo of J-Richardson (starting SF secured), James Johnson, Kelly Olynyk, Justice Winslow. I could see Miami going in to get another big name star, provided they’re able to trade Whiteside to a team like the Bucks.

Basketball Guru
    Don't misunderstand . I like Barnes, but not for 13 million more than Nico. I think 25 mill is way to steep for Barnes. I like Brandon Ingram more than Barnes (especially contract wise). I like Robert Covington (beast on Defense & kick down 3pt shooter) Much cheaper than Barnes.
    I get your point,,spread the money around and get the same talent for cheap and keep weapons....

With cousins injury,im all about 19/20 season to take on the big teams......my thing with Niko is that him,,gentry and Dell contracts are coming up and we don't know if Dell and gentry will be coach and GM 19/20 season......I'm gambling on that may be we have a new coach and GM and they are not willing to give Niko what he want or go in a different direction so I don't want to loose him for nothing...so I'm thinking use Niko now to try and secure a SF....Barnes would shine being back with gentry......then whatever happen after this season between gentry and Dell,,we would have our big 4 for that season for whoever is leading the team.........just give me a SF who can hold his own and a big guard who can shoot so teams can guard all 5 of our starters and not leave someone open to to double and I'm good...

The Franchise
    I think Boogie could comeback earlier than a year. He doesn’t rely on too much cutting and jumping. I’m not saying doesn’t use them but if it was Davis I’d expect a longer recovery to get back to where he is. I’m not a doctor and didn’t stay at a holiday inn but I think the major concern is not to comeback to early to reaggrivate the injury especially if we’re keeping him long term. As for SF I’d be ok with getting a couple rookies as long as everyone around them is good. Holding out for Diop and signing Henzonja.

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    It's generated a great discussion here. But if you check his Twitter page and look at who he follows, he follows the Pelicans official Twitter page. Maybe he unfollowed them to create a little buzz? But as of right now, the team is back on his list.
    He never stopped following the Pels on Twitter. It was only on his Instagram page.

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    He never stopped following the Pels on Twitter. It was only on his Instagram page.
    And in his interview posted earlier he said he followed a pels page on IG, and the first story he seen was "Are the Pelicans better off without Cousins", and that's when he unfollowed..

Judging from his interview, he has every intention on coming back if we want him back (unless we just completely lowball him)

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Lol.
    He just means because he is a grown man and he can do whatever he wants.

He is a FA.
    It means nothing.
    Looks like I was right.
    Thanks that is all.....

The reason I unfollowed them was, one, I was scrolling down my timeline and I saw a Pelicans fan page so I followed the fan page and the picture that popped up read, ‘Should the Pelicans re-sign or let Demarcus Cousins go?’ So I was like I’m just going to unfollow this s— so I won’t have to see it. In my mind, that’s all I’m thinking. So I unfollowed it and I started noticing people asking, ‘Why did you unfollow the Pelicans?’ I was like, ‘How do people know I unfollowed the Pelicans?’ I ain’t even know that was possible. I didn’t even know you could know if somebody unfollowed somebody. So you know my response, well, it was like a little kid: Well, ’cause I’m grown. I do what I want, I’m grown.

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2018/5...is-rondo-talks
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 05-18-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Hey, Myth ! Per NBC sports - Max offer would be 5yr 176 million. So, we were both incorrect. I had NO idea it was North of 35 million. Whew. BTW- is soggymoss your doppelgänger? Lol.
    No. Lol. I've never needed an alt to say stuff for me. I dig my own holes just fine myself. Lol.

As far as the contract goes I knew it was around 180m for 5 years but it equals 35m/yr if it's a flat contract. The contract we give me I assume will have 8% raises every year. So it'd start around 30 and then peak a good bit higher. Assuming we went with the raises each year which is likely.

Think he signs with the Mavs or Lakers, we negotiate a sign-and-trade for a 2nd round pick and cash to create a huge trade exception, then we can absorb a big contract player for a team looking to dump salary (Nic Batum?!)

Peace boogie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Think he signs with the Mavs or Lakers, we negotiate a sign-and-trade for a 2nd round pick and cash to create a huge trade exception, then we can absorb a big contract player for a team looking to dump salary (Nic Batum?!)
    I wouldn't like that at all. Like, even a little. Swapping Cousins for Batum who has struggled with injuries lately would not be a good move. I'd rather risk Cousins since when healthy he is a top 10 player.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Christ, that is a trrrible outcome.

Letting Boogie go so we can absorb Batum is literally the worse outcome that could happen. I’d fire Dell, Gentry, you for bringing this ish up, everybody that co-signed it and revoke season tix of any fan onboard with it.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Horrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Christ, that is a trrrible outcome.
    Dis man dis

Why won't tyreke run a fast paced offense? Rondo, Jrue, Evans, ad, boogie with mirotic and Moore first off the bench.

I think boogie will sign a lucrative 2+1 but not the max with us. Lakers and Mavs offer us whatever they can for a trade. If no trade is made we still need to address the 2/3 position via draft/trade this offseason.

Dallas has a few assets that I want and they can absorb Hill too

Thread Information