Pelicans Report

Thread: 2018 NBA Draft

2018 NBA Draft

So Deandre Ayton only has to cross the street to start his new job.

Who will we take with our pick? I want to find a way to land Grayson Allen.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    So Deandre Ayton only has to cross the street to start his new job.

Who will we take with our pick? I want to find a way to land Grayson Allen.
    He would be great, if not then Melvin Frazier

Hopefully we will draft someone who is actually playable out of the gate.
    RIP FlyGirl

only if Dell will trade up in the second round
    hard to expect 51st pick to contribute

The Franchise
    I want a SG/SF type. 6’6 to 6’8 in size and can shoot 3’s. Diop, Justin Jackson, and the Martin brothers all fit the bill. All could start over Hill if they can play a little defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Hopefully we will draft someone who is actually playable out of the gate.
    I don’t we draft anyone. We hardly ever do. We haven’t drafted a guy in the first round in years!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I don’t we draft anyone. We hardly ever do. We haven’t drafted a guy in the first round in years!
    Buddy Hield 2years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Buddy Hield 2years ago
    And he didn’t last a whole year. And before Buddy, when was the last player taken in the first?

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    And he didn’t last a whole year. And before Buddy, when was the last player taken in the first?
    Anthony Davis ans that turd Rivers.

Who has the Pels interviewed thus far? I know Melvin Frazier.

Honestly, the more I watch of Melvin, the more I want him on the team. He's not perfect, or a guaranteed NBA player (obviously, he's a second round guy), and with how he's performed at the combine he might not be there at 51 anymore. But if he is, I think he's a must take.
    Basketball.

1. Last year there were zillions of news who interviewed whom. This year is literally none.
    2. Pels have $2.6 millions in cash left. They may go up in the second round. Also right now they are at 51st. Interviewing early second rounder might give other teams inside on plans about the future.

Teams like to keep those things in secret.

My prediction is the TWolves will have the 1st pick of the draft. Towns will be a Sun and you can book it. I think both teams are better fits for Towns and Ayton. If the TWolves were smart they would trade Towns to the Suns for everything they can get and maybe then send something to the Cavs to bring back Kevin Love. As an opponent of the TWolves I would hate to see them do that because they would be scary but as an NBA fan it would be fun. Would be more exciting for the NBA to see Towns reunited with Booker on the Suns. But again they are a better fit for Towns then Ayton as well. The Suns with Towns/Jackson and the rest of the youth and $ along with an asassin like Booker is scary! Maybe Suns sign Deandre Jordan to go along with that. Or dare I say they add Cousins as well!? All I know is 2 teams are going to get better and much better this offseason that we will have to deal with. Ayton and Towns I would bet on will switch spots.

I really want to draft Mitchel Robinson. This kid is a freak and he’s the potential to be a super star. If he had went to college he’s a top 3 pick no doubt in my mind. If Diallo and a future 1st round pick could help us get into the mid to late 1st with some miracle this kid is still there I don’t hesitate to make the move. Whoever lands him is going to get a star.

my picks are mostly for the wings (more SG than SF)

assuming Pels will trade up
    SG-Huerter, Bruce Brown, Frazier, Okogie
    PG Jevon Carter
    There is no pure SF in this range

assuming Pels will stay at 51.
    G/F Jacob Evans, Svi Mykhailiuk
    SF Kenrich Williams
    C Brandon McCoy

Aaron Holiday or bust

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    My prediction is the TWolves will have the 1st pick of the draft. Towns will be a Sun and you can book it. I think both teams are better fits for Towns and Ayton. If the TWolves were smart they would trade Towns to the Suns for everything they can get and maybe then send something to the Cavs to bring back Kevin Love. As an opponent of the TWolves I would hate to see them do that because they would be scary but as an NBA fan it would be fun. Would be more exciting for the NBA to see Towns reunited with Booker on the Suns. But again they are a better fit for Towns then Ayton as well. The Suns with Towns/Jackson and the rest of the youth and $ along with an asassin like Booker is scary! Maybe Suns sign Deandre Jordan to go along with that. Or dare I say they add Cousins as well!? All I know is 2 teams are going to get better and much better this offseason that we will have to deal with. Ayton and Towns I would bet on will switch spots.
    Ownership would fire Thibs before they let him trade Towns

Have yall seen BILLY PRESTON? Dude would be an absolute steal at 51. Idk why he was hosed by the NCAA, but he ended up going overseas and only playing 3 games before returning to USA.

Guy is a monster though, reminds me of a thinner, more mobile version of Cousins. I think he would mesh well with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I really want to draft Mitchel Robinson. This kid is a freak and he’s the potential to be a super star. If he had went to college he’s a top 3 pick no doubt in my mind. If Diallo and a future 1st round pick could help us get into the mid to late 1st with some miracle this kid is still there I don’t hesitate to make the move. Whoever lands him is going to get a star.
    I question Robinson's maturity and the guidance he is getting. He needs to work to get where he should be able to. Will he dedicate himself to that?

Thread Information