Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 2 - New Orleans Pelicans VS Golden State Warriors - Game Four

Playoffs Western Playoffs Round 2 - New Orleans Pelicans VS Golden State Warriors - Game Four

A little under two hours left before this one starts up, and there's not too much to say. We should be up 2-1, instead we're down 2-1, so it's time for us to even things up before heading back to Golden State.

All we need to do is to do that thing we did in game three, but again. Strong defense, hitting the open shots, making the extra passes, stifling Golden State on the perimeter, drawing more fouls (good luck on that one though, depends on how the refs feel).

I know we can do it, you guys know we can do it, I'm jealous of everyone who gets to be there and I hope you guys all have a fantastic time cheering for our Pels.

Let's get it.
    Basketball.

Everything at this point is just gravy. Exceeded expectations by a mile.

That said I hope they take the fight to GS and not let them walk in there like they own the place. Force Curry, Klay, and Durant to put the ball on the floor. No space.

Play as desperate as they will.

Kill the head.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Just play Pelicans basketball and everything will take care of itself. Gotta keep feeding the ball inside to AD and Niko and hit the open shots. Geaux Pels!!!

We're winning this game.

This game is huge! Win and 2-2 series tie will boost our team respect in the NBA. Cross My fingers for that!

I'm here for a tutu... err... two-two
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

The warriors are going to go small . They are going to come out with a ton of energy and try to take the momentum of the game and take our crowd away .

Our guys gotta be ready to withstand GSW punch. We can’t fold the way Utah did when the rockets came with a fury to start game 3
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

GSW rolling out their "Death Line-up"... I guess that game 2 screw job gonna really haunt us if we can't get this win.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    The warriors are going to go small . They are going to come out with a ton of energy and try to take the momentum of the game and take our crowd away .

Our guys gotta be ready to withstand GSW punch. We can’t fold the way Utah did when the rockets came with a fury to start game 3
    The crowd as well...

This playoff crowd has been a true 6th man for this team. Which we will also need to try and influence the refs, since Kerr certainly feels the 85 FTA's they've been spotted wasnt good enough so they were out there trying to work the refs yesterday.

Missed early shots but good aggression and hustle

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    GSW rolling out their "Death Line-up"... I guess that game 2 screw job gonna really haunt us if we can't get this win.
    we must stare death in the face... and beat it

Klay just absolutely mugged Moore, absolutely nothing.

Glad to see it begin.

Bad start. Very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Psalms 23:4

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Glad to see it begin.
    Yeah, that was trash

We had to know this was going to happen . The team needs to respond and not let this lead grow to 20

Just got to weather the storm and close out the quarter.

So, to sum up the first four minutes:

Green fouled AD on a drive, no call. Green caught the ball with one foot out of bounds, no call. Klay bodily shoves Moore into Green, no call.

Somehow, I remain unsurprised.

So we just gonna act like Moore didnt get demolished on that no call. What a joke

Glad to see it begin.
    That's the part that pisses you off. Yes, GSW came out fast and they're hitting their shots. But the refs don't have to give them a pass on obvious fouls like that.

Glad to see it begin.
    I guess GS is allowed to play football also and tackle...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    That's the part that pisses you off. Yes, GSW came out fast and they're hitting their shots. But the refs don't have to give them a pass on obvious fouls like that.
    It's the argument we've been making all series long. If we lose, we lose, but let GS beat us, not the refs. Call it fair.

Refs swallowing whistles early on. At least they didn't call that 3 that Steph tried to sell.

What are they doing?

Thread Information