Pelicans Report

Thread: Thank You Pelicans

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Thank You Pelicans

Wanted to make this thread to reflect on some of the great times we had this season. We may have had some downs (that rough start, Boogie going down) but man did we make the best out of it. Getting Mirotic really was such a saving grace for a team that lost one of its stars.

I think we can all say that New Orleans IS a basketball city given how much incredible support we gave to the boys in red. The games played at the SKC were electric, and it was absolutely amazing to see the arena go bonkers throughout the playoffs.

I think we all have a lot to be proud of for this team. So much adversity, and yet we managed to pull out a sweep in the first round of the playoffs. I'm already counting down the days till training camp. Hopefully Boogie comes back, hopefully we re-sign Rondo and KEEP BUILDING to this team. Don't make the same mistake we made after 07-08 where we signed James Posey to that albatross contract.

Thank you Pels for making this season fun, and making being a Pelicans fun for the first time in 10 years. Can't wait for next season!

Props to the squad....always played hard through all the tough times.....and reminded the NBA audience that NO1 can be overlooked

Respect!!! Looking forward to next season. GO PELS!

Meaningful basketball is truly back in the Big Easy. I am looking forward to next season.

Much love to everyone involved. Can't wait for next season, Boogie will be back and 55 wins will be.on the cards
    Basketball.

Probably the most entertaining season since they've been in New Orleans. It had it all. Hope, despair, surprise, accomplishment, shock...

I'm super excited to see where this team goes from here.

I'm a proud caw caw/ Pels fan. This season was a long and wild ride. Let's build on it!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Thank you Pelicans for a great season and quieting all of the naysayers. This team truly has a lot of heart and integrity. I’m proud to be a fan. Looking forward to next year.

I just hope the media presence gets better around this team asap. So many cities would love to have major pro sports with one of the best players in the league. This city has 2 and yet treats one of them like a step child, mainly due to lack of media coverage. There's still no major dedicated radio show strictly Pelicans for one. We have lots of past b ballers from this city or played here that could host it.

Team has near championship talent. I don't get it.

Very successful season overall for sure.

Hell of a job Pels! Very proud!

I was one of those who want Demps and Gentry to get fired. I was wrong. They make good decisions down the stretch.
    I'm Happy for AD, but now his next step should be going to Conference Finals. Off course with Pelicans.
    My dream is to see AD and Boogie in Nba Finals. Maybe in 1-2 years, but now We need to make wise decisions.

And of course BIG Thanks to our team. They make this season really enjoying to watch.

Last but not least - thanks to Mr Benson for keeping team in New Orleans. This year success is for You.
    Rest in Peace Mr B[*]
    Last edited by Creative; 05-09-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Pelicans did a great job under adverse conditions. Proud of them
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

I was just at the airport to welcome the team home. There were literally 6 of us out there. I hope to see more people next year hahah.
    RIP FlyGirl

Great overall season. It had it all, the ups the downs but throughout everything the team fought hard to the end. Credit to the group and all involved.

Thread Information