Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 2 - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors - Game Five

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    So proud of how this team came back and made it interesting. Never go down without a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Proud of this team.

I refuse to watch a game without the Pels in it. Won't support the ratings of a league that manipulates games.
    Yep. They fast tracked that Warriors/Rockets series. Will be watching Netflix instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's not really a nightmare at all. Actually, the hardest part will be finding someone to take on Hill's contract. But the actual "how to get Paul George with our current cap situation" isn't. Resigning cousin's is a non-issue cap wise too.
    Best bet is to probably give up Moore and get someone to take on Hill & Ajinca(expiring) with a 1st round pick to an obvious tanker for next year. Clears up an easy $25 million. IF we can find a way to keep Moore. I prefer it to be honest. He would be a essential to bench depth considered how weak it is.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    GS knows now we are coming for them. Don't be surprised if they make it a point to add a legit big man to their front court. Also because they know Houston will try and use their bigs at times to get easy scoring down low. These guys ain't going to trot the exact same team out there next year

Well, I actually fell asleep by accident for this game (damned 3:30am starts!) But looking over the thread and looking at the box score, all I can say is damn.

From the looks of it, we had rough moments but we fought, and that's all you can ask for. We know how good the team is when everything's clicking on full cylinders, but from the looks of early posts in this thread that took a little while to happen. So we're done for the year, but that's not cause to be sad. Obviously everyone wants to go further, but given the injuries we've had to deal with, given the personnel we have (bench, mostly) and given the fact that we were playing a team that's going down as one of the top 5 teams ever, I'm proud of our guys.

We made the playoffs when nobody expected us to, we swept Portland when nobody thought we'd have a chance, and although we lost in 5 to Golden State, we competed such that we could have won 2 of the games we lost, and even blew them out in one game.

Next season Boogie is back, I have no doubts. If he's anything resembling his old self, and we can resign Rondo and possibly do some work for a SF, we're a conference finals team at minimum.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Well, I actually fell asleep by accident for this game (damned 3:30am starts!) But looking over the thread and looking at the box score, all I can say is damn.

From the looks of it, we had rough moments but we fought, and that's all you can ask for. We know how good the team is when everything's clicking on full cylinders, but from the looks of early posts in this thread that took a little while to happen. So we're done for the year, but that's not cause to be sad. Obviously everyone wants to go further, but given the injuries we've had to deal with, given the personnel we have (bench, mostly) and given the fact that we were playing a team that's going down as one of the top 5 teams ever, I'm proud of our guys.

We made the playoffs when nobody expected us to, we swept Portland when nobody thought we'd have a chance, and although we lost in 5 to Golden State, we competed such that we could have won 2 of the games we lost, and even blew them out in one game.

Next season Boogie is back, I have no doubts. If he's anything resembling his old self, and we can resign Rondo and possibly do some work for a SF, we're a conference finals team at minimum.
    Yep 3:30am starts are a mare

Just want to mention about the sudden change in the Warriors' defense. Against the Pels they supposedly defended without fouling, while against the Rockets they are giving up way more free throws. What happened to those guys????

Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    Just want to mention about the sudden change in the Warriors' defense. Against the Pels they supposedly defended without fouling, while against the Rockets they are giving up way more free throws. What happened to those guys????
    NBA wanted to make sure it was a Rockets/Warriors finals..

Screw the small marker in the process

Thread Information