Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: What additional pieces must be added?

I'm just going to assume he assumed ACL was short for Achilles rather than anterior cruciate ligament. Oh well just study that sports medicine a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Anyone here ever study sports medicine? Asking for a friend!
    OMG LMAO

Ok, well I think you're just splitting hairs. That is minor detail. BUT, he did study sports medicine, so I'm guessing that we are missing the link between the ACL & Achilles ! O wait, it's the Femur. Or could it be the Tibia & fibula ? Anybody?
    I think the missing link between the Acl and Achilles is 4-6 months. Which is the difference in the time table for usual recovery of each.

If everything goes well Cousins should be back for training camp.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    I'm just going to assume he assumed ACL was short for Achilles rather than anterior cruciate ligament. Oh well just study that sports medicine a bit more.
    Well, in his defense--> He said he STUDIED it. He DID NOT mention passing the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think the missing link between the Acl and Achilles is 4-6 months. Which is the difference in the time table for usual recovery of each.

If everything goes well Cousins should be back for training camp.
    As I said/ circa Alex Okafor. DE for Saints. Full rupture in Mid November 2017. Expected full go for training camp. Late July. i.e. 8 months.

Well, in his defense--> He said he STUDIED it. He DID NOT mention passing the course.
    Basketball.

As I said/ circa Alex Okafor. DE for Saints. Full rupture in Mid November 2017. Expected full go for training camp. Late July. i.e. 8 months.
    But Okafor only tore the ACL in his elbow. Boogie tore the ACL in his knee cap. Much much worse. Boogie will be gone for about 19 months from my sports medicine experience and knowledge

But Okafor only tore the ACL in his elbow. Boogie tore the ACL in his knee cap. Much much worse. Boogie will be gone for about 19 months from my sports medicine experience and knowledge
    Boogie will never play again. His leg exploded. It didn't look like it when it happened in game, but I studied exploding legs in great detail, and I can confirm that his leg combusted with impressive force.

Well, as I said earlier, I Stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night So, I know that when dealing with the Elbow, it's the ECL that's most damaging. I also know that when you tear your Achilles Tendon that attaches the clavicle to the shoulder , it means you can't throw a ball.

He also dislocated his left index knuckle

Throw the whole Boogie away

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Boogie will never play again. His leg exploded. It didn't look like it when it happened in game, but I studied exploding legs in great detail, and I can confirm that his leg combusted with impressive force.
    So, you obviously worked for your local police's Bomb squad? No?

He also dislocated his left index knuckle
    Was that on his right hand?

So, you obviously worked for your local police's Bomb squad? No?
    No, but I have watched quite a lot of World War Two movies and examined the injuries portrayed in them very closely. Since, as we all know, Hollywood is 100% accurate and never gets anything wrong, I was easily able to recognise when Boogie's leg flew off like a boomerang and knocked Gentry into a coma.

Well, as I said earlier, I Stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night So, I know that when dealing with the Elbow, it's the ECL that's most damaging. I also know that when you tear your Achilles Tendon that attaches the clavicle to the shoulder , it means you can't throw a ball.
    LMAO

We really need someone that has studied sports medicine on this forum.

Was that on his right hand?
    On the foot he uses to mash on the gas pedal

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    No, but I have watched quite a lot of World War Two movies and examined the injuries portrayed in them very closely. Since, as we all know, Hollywood is 100% accurate and never gets anything wrong, I was easily able to recognise when Boogie's leg flew off like a boomerang and knocked Gentry into a coma.
    The "Gentry in a Coma" thingy, I could possibly believe!

The "Gentry in a Coma" thingy, I could possibly believe!
    Of course you can believe it, it happened. I studied the science behind this, obviously.

On the foot he uses to mash on the gas pedal
    So, are you saying Boogie was speeding & the Achilles Tear on the court was actually a cover-up for being injured in a car accident?

NOT A DOCTOR, but from what I read about this surgery at 3 months out of booth slow rehab. (he is right there now) 4-5 months intense therapy. 6-7 months full range of motion no restrictions. 8 months at about 80% strength 1 year 100% Only 5% chance of re-injury after 6-7 months
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 05-11-2018 at 01:36 PM. Reason: added words

Quote Originally Posted by TPDG22 View Post
    It's funny that you talk your crap, but REAL basketball experts know that Melo will flourish in this system rather than that trash of a system in OKC. And yes, Boogie will more than likely sit for the entire season. ACL injuries take really 8 months to a year to fully recover. Boogie just got hurt in late January so you really count February. I've studied sports medicine so I know what I'm talking about. And by the way, why did Boogie openly state that he wanted Melo to consider the Pelicans last summer? Oh yeah that's right, he fits the system.
    Sorry, but I cannot see how Melo would flourish in this system. He is a black hole on offense and not very good on defense. Couple that with the fact that he has shown signs that he is basically done and I would not touch him for much over 1/2 MLE as a bench spark.

Maybe the guy thought he had an ACL injury, you guys are rough!

But yeah, all signs and comments so far have him ready to go by training camp. Until they say he has a setback, hopefully he won't, then I am not sure how you argue with the doctors that are working with him.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Maybe the guy thought he had an ACL injury, you guys are rough!

But yeah, all signs and comments so far have him ready to go by training camp. Until they say he has a setback, hopefully he won't, then I am not sure how you argue with the doctors that are working with him.
    We aren't really being rough about the ACL injury thing, it's just messing around because you'd think the guy saying "I've studied sports medicine so I know what I'm talking about" might... Y'know... Know what they're talking about.

I would add Dwayne Casey to our bench. Give him a job as an assistant until he gets a new gig as a HC. That would add a great influence to Gentry, and add instant credibility to our bench.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information