Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: What additional pieces must be added?

The most the team can pay Rondo is just over $5M. He will be almost impossible to re-sign. Without Rondo, the Pels are OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    The most the team can pay Rondo is just over $5M. He will be almost impossible to re-sign. Without Rondo, the Pels are OKC.
    I think 5 mil should do it for Rondo. A 3 year 15 mil deal should be good for a veteran PG like him. Don’t y’all think?

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I think 5 mil should do it for Rondo. A 3 year 15 mil deal should be good for a veteran PG like him. Don’t y’all think?
    I think a handshake deal in there somewhere that after Rondo retires he gets a coaches role.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I think a handshake deal in there somewhere that after Rondo retires he gets a coaches role.
    I don't even know if that's a handshake deal, I think it's pretty open that as soon as Rondo retires he's going to have basically everybody not named Mark Cuban trying to sign him on.
    Basketball.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5...usins-playoffs

Convincing Cousins to a sign and trade would be difficult, but perhaps this authors idea of trading Cousins for Otto Porter could really be a 'Win, Win"

The Wizards would have a better chance of making the finals by combining Wall, Cousins n Beal

and

the Pelicans would be better suited by adding a 24 year old, lengthy 6'9" SF like Otto Porter (who shot 44% last year from deep)

I'm confused. If the Wizards have a better chance of winning with Cousins instead of Porter then why wouldn't we?

No kidding. The Pelicans would be stupid to pass up on resigning Boogie. You don't turn down that type of talent if he wants to be here, and I haven't seen anything that makes me think that he doesn't. Boogie's game makes him the type of player who will rebound from his injury 100% so on that I'm not concerned with. He ain't a jumper and he ain't a sprinter either. He is a power guy. If he can get his first step back which I do not doubt, he will be just fine if he puts in the work.

People need to remember that before he went down with that injury, folks were talking about him being an MVP candidate; and the Pels were finally figuring out how to play together with him being a major part. If I remember correctly that Houston game which we won, was at the end of one of our 10 game winning streaks.

I'm excited about next year and what we can do with a lineup of rotating AD, Boogie and Mirotic. I really don't think that there is a team out there that can do anything to stop that lineup. If they can all stay healthy, having always two of those guys on the floor is going to be a matchup nightmare for every other team in the league. The key on the parameter IMO is Hill. If he can just get back to being a net positive defensively, then we can move Moore back to the 2nd team, and with him and Miro our bench scoring is fixed.

First time in a long time Boogie can decide on himself. Remember about it.
    And also Wall is his friend longer than AD.
    Not saying that it will happen.

And in that case Wizards needs to arrange s&t.

Dell is not looking for s&t.
    Probably nobody of you dont want to offer him 5 year max.
    Shorter max from Pels and Wizz differs only in annual raises.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I don't know if giving away Boogie is the right thing to do. AD isn't a center and he's gone on the record by saying that. So giving away Boog really isn't the best thing to do.

If Boogie wants to stay, then we resign him. It's as simple as that. If he doesn't, then we discuss sign and trade. Only if he out and out says he isn't staying.

He fills so many needs it's unbelievable, and the idea that you'd throw him away for someone like Otto Porter (who is at best 70% of the player Boogie is) is laughable.

Aaron Holiday or Scary Terry. Really we need a starting PG going forward. Rondo is great and needs to be retained. But his lack of shooting and defense can make him a liability in some series, especially with Boogie back. I want to see Rondo in a Livingston role

Also of course we need longer wings. Jrue at 6'4-6'5 is our biggest competent wing player.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If Boogie wants to stay, then we resign him. It's as simple as that. If he doesn't, then we discuss sign and trade. Only if he out and out says he isn't staying.

He fills so many needs it's unbelievable, and the idea that you'd throw him away for someone like Otto Porter (who is at best 70% of the player Boogie is) is laughable.
    He's also the perfect answer for a guy like Draymond who bullies his way down low. AD is strong, but Draymond gave him fits all series.

We need to find a way to ditch Hill and Ajinca's contracts. Because those two contracts are what's really holding us up from acquiring someone else of high stature.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Why anyone would want to give up Boogie and not interested in re-signing him is beyond me. Why would you want to break up something no team in the league can matchup with? Do we not see that having him is an advantage not a liability. Are we thinking this because we played well against Portland? The nba is about matchups. We would have beaten them with or without Boogie. They just don't matchup well with us. Golden State and Houston is a different matter all together. We need Boogie against both teams.

Basically said if there is a player that puts the team in position to compete for a championship they will go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Basically said if there is a player that puts the team in position to compete for a championship they will go for it.
    This is great news.
    I'm just hoping they don't try and go with the big 4 philosophy and have a thin bench.

I want Boogie on the team. Signing him is a no brainer cause of course you don't let a talent like that walk. especially in a market like ours

but the facts are we played our best ball after he went down due to a faster pace, better spacing, and more flexibility on defense.

This being the case, I sign Cousins no matter what. But if for some reason he wants too much, or if washington wants to sweeten the pot, i pull the trigger on the S$T for Otto Porter deal and walk off smiling.

Porter is no cousins, but it's much easier to envision how his role would lead us to success

rondo/ elfrid payton
    Jrue Holliday
    Otto Porter
    Mirotic
    Davis

This talk of trying to low ball or trade Cousins makes me nauseous.

Right before he went down in that Rocket victory, Rockets fans were talking about how the Pelicans are just a bad matchup.

Yeah lets trade that away and try to copy everyone else. Humans I tell ya.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The most important bit is getting someone to want to be here. Making a great sales pitch. And praying I guess?

I agree. Pay the man. Give him however many years he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AD has wanted a star to play with. He doesn’t want to play the 5. It makes no sense to let a star 5 walk. No brainer in my opinion. I’m not a fan of PG13 but you stand 0 chance of getting him if Boogie isn’t here. Dempsey wasn’t convincing to me that he wanted Boogie back.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

The BIG question is do you sacrifice the style of play that got you into the playoffs, sweep the Blazers and put up a formidable challenge against the Warriors over loyalty? My answer is no. This is a business. Please remember that Boogie's injury will have him sit out basically the entire season. Playing AD at the 5 and placing Mirotic into the starting lineup sparked the offense and allowed the team to play more freely. Dell needs to address the SF position that has size, length and shooting ability to pair up with Jrue and a backup to AD.

My FA targets are the following in chronological order:

1. Rajon Rondo (re-sign)
    2. Kyle Anderson
    3. Jordan Crawford (re-sign)
    4. Emeka Okafor (re-sign)

Ian Clark is going to get a very size-able deal this summer.
    Release Ajinca.
    **I want Melo on this team.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I want Boogie on the team. Signing him is a no brainer cause of course you don't let a talent like that walk. especially in a market like ours

but the facts are we played our best ball after he went down due to a faster pace, better spacing, and more flexibility on defense.

This being the case, I sign Cousins no matter what. But if for some reason he wants too much, or if washington wants to sweeten the pot, i pull the trigger on the S$T for Otto Porter deal and walk off smiling.

Porter is no cousins, but it's much easier to envision how his role would lead us to success

rondo/ elfrid payton
    Jrue Holliday
    Otto Porter
    Mirotic
    Davis
    What a lot of y'all is missing is that ad does not want to play the 5 and especially full time......dude was happy with cousins....some of y'all being prisoner of the moment with that run we did without cousins.....we can not beat the warriors or Houston in a series playing small ball and cousins give us that edge against them where they have to match up against us....green was abusing ad in the paint and ad didn't want no part of that.......IMO ad will leave if they keep trying to force him to play the 5.....

What the "trade Boogie" crew seem to be missing is that (as others have said) AD wants another star to play with, and he doesn't want to play full time centre. So you have an all-star centre.

That happens to be one of his best friends. If you sign and trade his great friend, who is a star at the position AD specifically doesn't want to have to play, you're asking for locker room angst.

Quote Originally Posted by TPDG22 View Post
    The BIG question is do you sacrifice the style of play that got you into the playoffs, sweep the Blazers and put up a formidable challenge against the Warriors over loyalty? My answer is no. This is a business. Please remember that Boogie's injury will have him sit out basically the entire season. Playing AD at the 5 and placing Mirotic into the starting lineup sparked the offense and allowed the team to play more freely. Dell needs to address the SF position that has size, length and shooting ability to pair up with Jrue and a backup to AD.

My FA targets are the following in chronological order:

1. Rajon Rondo (re-sign)
    2. Kyle Anderson
    3. Jordan Crawford (re-sign)
    4. Emeka Okafor (re-sign)

Ian Clark is going to get a very size-able deal this summer.
    Release Ajinca.
    **I want Melo on this team.
    What are you basing it off of that Cousins will sit for basically the entire season?

Oh God I just read that you want Melo on this team. LOL. Nvm, I should have just ignored.

Thread Information