Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: What additional pieces must be added?

Given Hood’s recent interactions with the Cavs he could be had on a reasonable salary. I didn’t paint him as a malcontent, but I believe playing in that system will either make you or brake you, and Hood might have gotten broke. I would love that signing.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Basketball Guru
    The warriors big 4 scored 94 points of their 113..... some how we have to find a player to add to our big 3 that can contribute points like those in big games....

word is that wiggins and the wolves may part ways...

Actually, If I was Dell i'd trade our 2019 and 2020 1st rounders and whatever else outside our big three to land Andrew Wiggins. And that's despite the fact that I've never liked his game and he still kinda sucks. To build a championship level squad we may only need to add 3D role players and such ......but to actually WIN the championship in today's NBA we need another elite player. Considering he has averaged 19.7 ppg throughout his 4 year NBA career and is STILL 23 yrs old.... and plays a position of need.... id roll the dice... its already a big gamble with resigning Cousins might as well go all in

in two years this squad would be peaking at the time AD's new contract arrives
    Elfrid Payton
    Jrue Holliday
    Andrew Wiggins
    Anthony Davis
    Demarcus Cousins

I know the two I added don't shoot well enough as of now, but they will get better...... if you sign a doug mcdermott type he's still gonna be slow
    Last edited by fullcourtpress; 05-09-2018 at 09:31 AM.

In my opinion resigning Cousins and Rondo is what we need, IF Hill can at least provide a net positive on the defensive side, and get better shooting 3s. He doesn't have to bring much offensively if he is in the starting line up as you will have three dominate scorers to team him up with. Moving Moore and Miro to the bench, will instantly improve our bench performance, and having AD, Cuz, Holiday, Moore & Miro as our finishing 5 would be something to see IMO. If we somehow do get an above average SF then that would be lagniappe.

Coaches need to spend the offseason with Miller trying to build up his confidence. He is too good of a shooter to be that scared of shooting.

I'm cool with a starting lineup of: AD, Cuz, Holiday, Rondo and Hill.
    Bench of: Miro, Moore, Clark, Miller, Diallo & Jackson
    Closing lineup of AD, Cuz, Holiday, Miro and Moore.
    Last edited by Erose; 05-09-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    word is that wiggins and the wolves may part ways...

Actually, If I was Dell i'd trade our 2019 and 2020 1st rounders and whatever else outside our big three to land Andrew Wiggins. And that's despite the fact that I've never liked his game and he still kinda sucks. To build a championship level squad we may only need to add 3D role players and such ......but to actually WIN the championship in today's NBA we need another elite player. Considering he has averaged 19.7 ppg throughout his 4 year NBA career and is STILL 23 yrs old.... and plays a position of need.... id roll the dice... its already a big gamble with resigning Cousins might as well go all in

in two years this squad would be peaking at the time AD's new contract arrives
    Elfrid Payton
    Jrue Holliday
    Andrew Wiggins
    Anthony Davis
    Demarcus Cousins

I know the two I added don't shoot well enough as of now, but they will get better...... if you sign a doug mcdermott type he's still gonna be slow
    I've never understood the idea of signing a guy who's over 300 games in, all starts, who you recognise sucks, and just hoping he doesn't suck any more after a while.

Wiggins is that guy. He's played and started 327 games in his career. 3 full seasons, and one season of 81 games. In all four of those years, his best defensive rating was 113, which is woefully poor. His best offensive rating was 107, which is the definition of mediocre (for comparison, AD's lowest ever ORTG was 110). Wiggins' BPM for his career is -2.4, and his best year was actually three years ago now in that statistic; he's actually regressed since then.

His 19.7ppg sounds vaguely impressive until you remember that he has never played less than 35mpg since joining the league, has a TS% of 50.5, a PER of 15 on his career (was actually only 13.0 this season), can't shoot from 3 (33% on his career) and can't finish inside at a high rate either (overall career 44% FG).

So he doesn't (or can't) play defense, his offense doesn't really work in a team way, he's super inefficient whichever way you look at it, doesn't have the necessary skills to contribute to today's NBA (playmaking or passing) as a ball-handler (less than 10% assist percentage on his career) and doesn't have the skills (shooting, mainly) to work off ball either. And this shows in other advanced stats: he has a -1.2 career VORP, and 12.4 career win-shares.

By contrast, Davis has a 22.6 career VORP and had 13.7 win shares this season alone.

So basically: can't shoot, doesn't pass that well, doesn't play defense, doesn't have intangibles, isn't efficient, doesn't contribute towards winning, has poor advanced statistics, and is due for a lot of money due to that max extension that would have him earning $25+m per year until 2023.

No. No, god no. Please no.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 05-09-2018 at 11:19 AM.
    Basketball.

Am I the only one that actually watched Paul George play? He’s not that good of a shooter and he’s a chucker. I don’t understand how paying him a boatload of money to take shots from Boogie & AD is going to help us. He’s a big name and that’s it imo. He also takes a ton of bad shots. He plays defense when he try’s but other than that idk. He’s an upgrade over Solo & Twan but for his price tag I’ll pass.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Given Hood’s recent interactions with the Cavs he could be had on a reasonable salary. I didn’t paint him as a malcontent, but I believe playing in that system will either make you or brake you, and Hood might have gotten broke. I would love that signing.
    I watch a lot of Cavs games. He has no confidence in his game and he’s always hurt. His price will be lower after that stunt that he pulled. If he gets his head in the game, he could be a good addition.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Am I the only one that actually watched Paul George play? He’s not that good of a shooter and he’s a chucker. I don’t understand how paying him a boatload of money to take shots from Boogie & AD is going to help us. He’s a big name and that’s it imo. He also takes a ton of bad shots. He plays defense when he try’s but other than that idk. He’s an upgrade over Solo & Twan but for his price tag I’ll pass.
    The chucker averaged 22/6/3 and shot 40% from three on 7.7 attempts per game. Oh and he plays elite defense.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Honestly, looking at the age of the Warriors core, Durant is 29, Curry is 30, Thompson and Green are both 28.

We have AD at 25, Jrue and Niko are 27, and Boogie is 28. I say run it back and keep tinkering with the bench. Try to find a legit 3 and D wing. Rinse and repeat until the Warriors get old or break up.
    Warriors age won’t break them up. Salary will. They have to pay Klay and Durant. Durant is not taking another discount imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    The chucker averaged 22/6/3 and shot 40% from three on 7.7 attempts per game. Oh and he plays elite defense.
    I don’t care about those stats that come from regular season. I watched him score 7pts on 20 something percent in a playoff game this year. I care about Indiana players complain about him and his playing style. I care about the fact that Indy got better when he left and my fav player of all time Larry Bird basically quit because of PG. He’s not a superstar and generally overrated imo.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    All this talk of Paul George is a bit presumptuous isn't it? Has to want to play here and has to want to understand he's not the #1 or maybe even #2 guy. Are you sure he wants to take that kind of step back? I think what's right there available to us is to acquire talent that will make our rotations stronger. We need more D from our backups. We need more scoring from our backups. Not having depth will continue to make us subject to unnecessary turnovers, missed easy shots, no floor spacing and bad execution

I don’t care about those stats that come from regular season. I watched him score 7pts on 20 something percent in a playoff game this year. I care about Indiana players complain about him and his playing style. I care about the fact that Indy got better when he left and my fav player of all time Larry Bird basically quit because of PG. He’s not a superstar and generally overrated imo.
    In fairness, that 7pts on 20% in this year's playoffs comes as a result of playing with the human wart that is Russell Westbrook. Literally everyone underperforms with Westbrook.

Last year's playoffs, he averaged 28/8/7 shooting 43% from 3, the year before he averaged 27/7/4 shooting 41% from 3, and the year before he averaged 23/7/4 shooting 40% from 3. Yeah, he ended up getting bounced in all of those playoffs, but that's because of Lebron. And if you're going to dismiss a player out of hand because they can't pull a team over Lebron, then there's going to be a bar set at a minimum of ''all-time great HOF'er'' because those are the sorts of guys who can lead teams over Lebron.

He also had playoff games of 36. 32, and 34 points this season. He dominated in those while others weren't showing up. Sure he isn't a tier 1 superstar in the KD/AD/Harden/Bron/Curry range, but he's a tier 2 star and a tremendous fit on this team. Indy got better because Oladipo took a huge leap and their team really came together.

PG played on a cancerous OKC team with no chemistry or system and still played all-nba worthy defense

Pipe dream offseason

1. Sign and trade Paul George at 1 year $25 million for Solomon Hill, E’twuan Moore, and Pelicans 2019 first round pick. George won’t take a long term discount deal unless we are definitely competing for championships.
    2. Sign Cousins on a 2+1 year player option deal at $25 million a year
    3. Sign Rondo for 2 years for the MLE of 5.5 million per year
    4. Sign Clark for 1 year exception deal at 2.2 million
    5. Trade 2019 2nd round pick to offload Ajinca contract
    6. Sign league minimum veteran PG to run 2nd unit
    7. Draft best player available with 2018 2nd round pick

2018-2019 Lineup

PG: Rondo/veteran min PG/Jackson
    SG: Holiday/Clark/Liggins
    SF: George/Miller
    PF: Davis/Mirotic/Diallo
    C: Cousins/Okafor
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 05-09-2018 at 12:30 PM.

A sign and trade hard caps the receiving team. So if we receive PG, we will be hard capped and not be able to afford Boogie. The only PG acquisition scenario that is realistic is if PG wants to come to NOLA and demands a trade like CP3 did. He has an option that he will need to opt into.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I've never understood the idea of signing a guy who's over 300 games in, all starts, who you recognise sucks, and just hoping he doesn't suck any more after a while.

Wiggins is that guy. He's played and started 327 games in his career. 3 full seasons, and one season of 81 games. In all four of those years, his best defensive rating was 113, which is woefully poor. His best offensive rating was 107, which is the definition of mediocre (for comparison, AD's lowest ever ORTG was 110). Wiggins' BPM for his career is -2.4, and his best year was actually three years ago now in that statistic; he's actually regressed since then.

His 19.7ppg sounds vaguely impressive until you remember that he has never played less than 35mpg since joining the league, has a TS% of 50.5, a PER of 15 on his career (was actually only 13.0 this season), can't shoot from 3 (33% on his career) and can't finish inside at a high rate either (overall career 44% FG).

So he doesn't (or can't) play defense, his offense doesn't really work in a team way, he's super inefficient whichever way you look at it, doesn't have the necessary skills to contribute to today's NBA (playmaking or passing) as a ball-handler (less than 10% assist percentage on his career) and doesn't have the skills (shooting, mainly) to work off ball either. And this shows in other advanced stats: he has a -1.2 career VORP, and 12.4 career win-shares.

By contrast, Davis has a 22.6 career VORP and had 13.7 win shares this season alone.

So basically: can't shoot, doesn't pass that well, doesn't play defense, doesn't have intangibles, isn't efficient, doesn't contribute towards winning, has poor advanced statistics, and is due for a lot of money due to that max extension that would have him earning $25+m per year until 2023.

No. No, god no. Please no.
    Not to mention the rumblings of him having a problem playing 3rd fiddle to kat and Butler

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Pipe dream offseason

1. Sign and trade Paul George at 1 year $25 million for Solomon Hill, E’twuan Moore, and Pelicans 2019 first round pick. George won’t take a long term discount deal unless we are definitely competing for championships.
    2. Sign Cousins on a 2+1 year player option deal at $25 million a year
    3. Sign Rondo for 2 years for the MLE of 5.5 million per year
    4. Sign Clark for 1 year exception deal at 2.2 million
    5. Trade 2019 2nd round pick to offload Ajinca contract
    6. Sign league minimum veteran PG to run 2nd unit
    7. Draft best player available with 2018 2nd round pick

2018-2019 Lineup

PG: Rondo/veteran min PG/Jackson
    SG: Holiday/Clark/Liggins
    SF: George/Miller
    PF: Davis/Mirotic/Diallo
    C: Cousins/Okafor
    Through in a trade to the late 30s for a solid wing to develop. I'm on board.

Trading these picks. We can't afford to strike out on Jackson. We really need to develop him if he can come back from his foot injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    A sign and trade hard caps the receiving team. So if we receive PG, we will be hard capped and not be able to afford Boogie. The only PG acquisition scenario that is realistic is if PG wants to come to NOLA and demands a trade like CP3 did. He has an option that he will need to opt into.
    What does that option pay him? If he takes the option, can my plans of re-signing Cousins, Rondo, and Clark fall into place?

If Paul George truly wants to win, then the Pelicans and 76ers are his best options. Westbrook is a black hole who will never win a championship. The Lakers have no one to surround George with because LBJ will either stay in Cleveland (most likely) or go to Philadelphia as these options are his best routes for more championships.

Our lineup of Rondo/Holiday/George/Davis/Cousins could be called the garden district 5, lol.

OK, let's disregard the top of the list (other than Boogie) as unrealistic, but here's the BIG LIST of unrestricted/restricted FAs + a few player options. There are some wings I'd be interested in, including a few (Wilson Chandler?) who might be in the bargain bin, relatively speaking. I think you also consider dealing Mirotic in a package for a starting SF, if a deal presents itself (Harrison Barnes?). Who might you target? Will Barton? Luc Mbah A Moute? Corey Joseph? Lots of options that might round out the roster, though we have to shed some of our current contracts....

By: HoopsHype | April 22, 2018
    POINT GUARDS / SHOOTING GUARDS / SMALL FORWARDS / POWER FORWARDS / CENTERS

1. Kevin Durant
    Player Option / Small Forward / 6-9 / Team: Golden State Warriors
    26.4 ppg, 6.8 rbg, 5.4 apg
    Still only 29 years old, Durant is just now entering his career peak. Will dominate for seasons to come.

Agent: Rich Kleiman 2017/18 Earnings: $25,000,000 Career Earnings: $132,183,333

2. LeBron James
    Player Option / Small Forward / 6-8 / Team: Cleveland Cavaliers
    27.5 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 9.1 apg
    The best player in the game, James is showing little sign of slowing down even in his age-33 season.

Agent: Rich Paul 2017/18 Earnings: $33,285,709 Career Earnings: $200,607,292

3. Paul George
    Player Option / Small Forward / 6-9 / Team: Oklahoma City Thunder
    21.9 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 3.3 apg
    One of the league’s top two-way wings, Paul George does a bit of everything on the floor, including score at a very healthy rate.

Agent: Aaron Mintz 2017/18 Earnings: $19,300,000 Career Earnings: $61,391,831

4. Chris Paul
    Unrestricted / Point Guard / 6-0 / Team: Houston Rockets
    18.6 ppg, 5.4 rpb, 7.9 apg
    When healthy, Chris Paul is still arguably the top pure floor general in the game, with unmatched court vision and underrated scoring chops.

Agent: Leon Rose 2017/18 Earnings: $24,268,959 Career Earnings: $162,527,669

5. DeMarcus Cousins
    Unrestricted / Center / 6-11 / Team: New Orleans Pelicans
    25.2 ppg, 12.9 rpg, 5.4 apg
    The most dominant big man in the league has improved his maturity. Will DeMarcus Cousins’ torn Achilles affect whether he gets a max contract this summer?

Agent: Jarinn Akana 2017/18 Earnings: $18,063,850 Career Earnings: $62,648,136

6. Clint Capela
    Restricted / Center / 6-10 / Team: Houston Rockets
    13.9 ppg, 10.8 rpg
    He has become one of the most efficient players in the NBA. Understands his limitations and plays to his strengths extremely well.

Agent: Jason Ranne 2017/18 Earnings: $2,334,528 Career Earnings: $3,728,160

7. DeAndre Jordan
    Player Option / Center / 6-11 / Team: Los Angeles Clippers
    12.0 ppg, 15.2 rpg
    One of the NBA’s best rebounders, DeAndre Jordan can improve any defense merely with his presence down low.

Agent: Jeff Schwartz 2017/18 Earnings: $22,642,350 Career Earnings: $84,067,825

8. Aaron Gordon
    Restricted / Power Forward / 6-9 / Team: Orlando Magic
    17.6 ppg, 7.9 rpg
    A prototypical modern forward with athleticism and some ball-handling chops. Whether he can ever become a consistent three-point shooter will define his eventual ceiling.

Agent: Bill Duffy 2017/18 Earnings: $5,504,419 Career Earnings: $12,515,040

9. Julius Randle
    Restricted / Power Forward / 6-9 / Team: Los Angeles Lakers
    16.1 ppg, 8.0 rpg
    One of the league’s most improved players, Julius Randle became a force in his fourth season. Will he be a part of the Lakers’ future?

Agent: Aaron Mintz 2017/18 Earnings: $4,149,242 Career Earnings: $9,396,720

10. Jabari Parker
    Restricted / Small Forward / 6-8 / Team: Milwaukee Bucks
    12.6 ppg, 4.9 rpg
    Never looked fully comfortable after returning from a torn ACL. The health of his knees will determine the size of his next contract.

Agent: Mark Bartelstein 2017/18 Earnings: $6,782,392 Career Earnings: $15,457,320

11. Isaiah Thomas
    Unrestricted / Point Guard / 5-9 / Team: Los Angeles Lakers
    15.2 ppg, 4.8 apg
    Never able to get fully healthy in 2017-18, how Isaiah Thomas recovers from hip surgery will determine how much interest he garners on the open market.

Agent: Sam Goldfeder 2017/18 Earnings: $6,261,394 Career Earnings: $23,914,451

12. Tyreke Evans
    Unrestricted / Shooting Guard / 6-6 / Team: Memphis Grizzlies
    19.4 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 5.2 apg
    Only three players averaged at least 19.0 ppg, 5.0 rpb and 5.0 apg last season while shooting over 39 percent from three: Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry and… Tyreke Evans. Will garner major interest on the secondary market.

Agent: Darren ‘Mats’ Matsubara 2017/18 Earnings: $3,290,000 Career Earnings: $63,831,924

13. Zach LaVine
    Restricted / Shooting Guard / 6-5 / Team: Chicago Bulls
    16.7 ppg, 3.0 apg
    An athletic specimen who found his niche playing off the ball, Zach LaVine was solid in his return from a torn ACL.

Agent: Bill Duffy 2017/18 Earnings: $3,202,217 Career Earnings: $6,445,080

14. Carmelo Anthony
    Player Option / Small Forward / 6-8 / Team: Oklahoma City Thunder
    16.2 ppg, 5.8 rpg
    Still an above-average scorer, Carmelo Anthony can play the 4-spot, space the floor from deep and get you a bucket when games get tight.

Agent: Leon Rose 2017/18 Earnings: $26,243,760 Career Earnings: $201,120,659

15. Derrick Favors
    Unrestricted / Power Forward / 6-10 / Team: Utah Jazz
    12.3 ppg, 7.2 rpg
    A throwback power forward with a respectable face-up game, decent passing chops and stout rebounding prowess who is enjoying a resurgent season.

Agent: Wallace Prather 2017/18 Earnings: $12,000,000 Career Earnings: $54,471,159

16. Trevor Ariza
    Unrestricted / Small Forward / 6-8 / Team: Houston Rockets
    11.7 ppg, 4.4 rpg
    A threat from beyond the arc and a decent defender, Trevor Ariza remains an excellent role player.

Agent: Aaron Mintz 2017/18 Earnings: $7,400,000 Career Earnings: $67,574,565

17. Enes Kanter
    Player Option / Center / 6-11 / Team: New York Knicks
    14.1 ppg, 11. rpg
    One of the biggest question marks this offseason will be whether or not Enes Kanter opts out of the final year of his deal, which is worth $18.6 million. If he does, his market will be interesting, as the big man is an excellent rebounder and scorer down low but does possess defensive shortcomings.

Agent: Mark Bartelstein 2017/18 Earnings: $17,884,176 Career Earnings: $51,648,935

18. Will Barton
    Unrestricted / Shooting Guard / 6-6 / Team: Denver Nuggets
    15.7 ppg, 4.1 apg
    One of the most consistent bench scorers in the league, who proved he can also do serious damage as a starter this season, Barton would provide a boost to any team’s offensive output.

Agent: Aaron Goodwin 2017/18 Earnings: $3,533,333 Career Earnings: $9,320,781

19. Jusuf Nurkic
    Restricted / Center / 6-11 / Team: Portland Trail Blazers
    14.3 ppg, 9.0 rpg
    A bruising center with some passing chops, Jusuf Nurkic greatly improved his play as a member of the Blazers. But did he do so enough to land a major payday? Time will tell.

Agent: Aylton Tesch 2017/18 Earnings: $2,947,304 Career Earnings: $5,526,000

20. Avery Bradley
    Unrestricted / Shooting Guard / 6-2 / Team: Los Angeles Clippers
    14.3 ppg, 2.5 rpg
    One of the top available shooting guards, Avery Bradley is a prototypical 3-and-D role player.

Agent: Leon Rose 2017/18 Earnings: $8,808,989 Career Earnings: $29,978,423

21. JJ Redick
    Unrestricted / Shooting Guard / 6-4 / Team: Philadelphia 76ers
    17.1 ppg, 3.0 apg
    One of the league’s top three-point shooters with loads of playoff experience.

Agent: Aaron Mintz 2017/18 Earnings: $23,000,000 Career Earnings: $55,516,715

22. Elfrid Payton
    Restricted / Point Guard / 6-3 / Team: Phoenix Suns
    12.7 ppg, 6.2 apg
    An athletic lead guard with an improving three-point shot, decent court vision and high defensive potential.

Agent: Aaron Mintz 2017/18 Earnings: $3,332,340 Career Earnings: $7,517,160

23. Dwyane Wade
    Unrestricted / Shooting Guard / 6-4 / Team: Miami Heat
    11.4 ppg, 3.4 apg
    An aging-but-still-productive 2-guard, Dwyane Wade can’t consistently dominate anymore, but he still shows up in the most important moments.

Agent: Leon Rose 2017/18 Earnings: $17,878,652 Career Earnings: $176,115,934

24. Marcus Smart
    Restricted / Shooting Guard / 6-4 / Team: Boston Celtics
    10.2 ppg, 4.8 apg
    One of the best defensive guards in the NBA, Marcus Smart can aptly defend positions one through four. His outstanding D makes up for his struggles as a scorer.

Agent: Happy Walters 2017/18 Earnings: $4,538,019 Career Earnings: $10,293,240

25. Brook Lopez
    Unrestricted / Center / 7-0 / Team: Los Angeles Lakers
    13.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg
    A seven-footer with serious range, Brook Lopez can space the floor quite well for a player of his size. Also a very able rim-protector.

Agent: Darren ‘Mats’ Matsubara 2017/18 Earnings: $22,642,350 Career Earnings: $94,781,137

26. Rodney Hood
    Restricted / Small Forward / 6-8 / Team: Cleveland Cavaliers
    14.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg
    An athletic, sharpshooting wing who has improved his consistency. Had a career year in 2017-18.

Agent: Travis King 2017/18 Earnings: $2,386,864 Career Earnings: $4,045,320

27. Dirk Nowitzki
    Team Option / Power Forward / 7-0 / Team: Dallas Mavericks
    12.0 ppg, 5.7 rpg
    A future Hall of Famer who can still score at a somewhat efficient level, despite his advanced age.

Agent: Holger Geschwindner 2017/18 Earnings: $5,000,000 Career Earnings: $241,646,362

28. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
    Unrestricted / Shooting Guard / 6-5 / Team: Los Angeles Lakers
    13.4 ppg, 5.2 rpg
    A very solid 3-and-D role player, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope would be a great complementary piece on any team.

Agent: Rich Paul 2017/18 Earnings: $17,745,894 Career Earnings: $11,995,639

29. Rajon Rondo
    Unrestricted / Point Guard / 6-1 / Team: New Orleans Pelicans
    8.3 ppg, 8.2 apg
    A true floor general with championship experience, Rajon Rondo can still dish out assists with the best of them.

Agent: Bill Duffy 2017/18 Earnings: $6,300,000 Career Earnings: $84,282,884

30. Kyle Anderson
    Restricted / Small Forward / 6-9 / Team: San Antonio Spurs
    7.9 ppg, 5.4 rpg
    A wing with great size who can play some small-ball power forward, as well as distribute at an above-average rate.

Agent: Thaddeus Foucher 2017/18 Earnings: $2,151,704 Career Earnings: $3,428,639

31. Austin Rivers
    Player Option / Shooting Guard / 6-4 / Team: Los Angeles Clippers
    15.1 ppg,4.0 apg
    A streaky scorer and underrated defender, Austin Rivers had the best season of his career in 2017-18.

Agent: Andrew Vye 2017/18 Earnings: $11,825,000 Career Earnings: $21,117,240

32. Wayne Ellington
    11.2 ppg, 2.8 rpg
    A scorcher from beyond the arc, Wayne Ellington has taken his game to new heights over the past two seasons, proving that you can even run your second-unit offense around him.

Agent: Jim Tanner 2017/18 Earnings: $6,270,000 Career Earnings: $25,227,827

33. Greg Monroe
    Unrestricted / Center / 6-11 / Team: Boston Celtics
    10.3 ppg, 6.9 rpg
    A beast in the low post with strong rebounding chops. Can still get buckets off the bench.

Agent: David Falk 2017/18 Earnings: $21,384,175 Career Earnings: $51,556,454

34. Thaddeus Young
    Player Option / Power Forward / 6-8 / Team: Indiana Pacers
    11.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg
    A quick power forward who can score effectively even without much of a three-point shot.

Agent: Jim Tanner 2017/18 Earnings: $12,921,348 Career Earnings: $67,014,175

35. Fred VanVleet
    Restricted / Point Guard / 6-0 / Team: Toronto Raptors
    8.6 ppg, 3.2 apg
    Not a household name, but Fred VanVleet became an important contributor for the Toronto Raptors in 2017-18, headlining one of the best benches in the Association.

Agent: Brian Jungreis 2017/18 Earnings: $1,312,611 Career Earnings: $1,856,082

36. Wesley Matthews
    Unrestricted / Shooting Guard / 6-5 / Team: Dallas Mavericks
    12.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg
    A more-than-serviceable role player, Wesley Matthews knocks down threes and defends at a high level.

Agent: Jeff Austin 2017/18 Earnings: $17,884,175 Career Earnings: $65,562,470

37. Luc Mbah a Moute
    Unrestricted / Power Forward / 6-8 / Team: Houston Rockets
    7.5 ppg, 3.0 rpg
    An above-average three-point shooter with the ability to defend multiple positions, Luc Mbah a Moute has proven time and time again to be an exceptional role player.

Agent: Darren ‘Mats’ Matsubara 2017/18 Earnings: $2,116,955 Career Earnings: $25,811,485

38. Michael Beasley
    Unrestricted / Power Forward / 6-10 / Team: New York Knicks
    13.2 ppg, 5.6 rpg
    After maturing during his time in China, Michael Beasley has finally become a more consistent player. Good scorer, decent rebounder.

Agent: Jim Tanner 2017/18 Earnings: $2,116,955 Career Earnings: $35,218,157

39. Rudy Gay
    Player Option / Small Forward / 6-8 / Team: San Antonio Spurs
    11.5 ppg, 5.1 rpg
    A veteran forward who can score and rebound from the wing, and who has shown more effort defensively as a Spur.

Agent: Roger Montgomery 2017/18 Earnings: $8,406,000 Career Earnings: $115,619,870

40. Wilson Chandler
    Player Option / Small Forward / 6-8 / Team: Denver Nuggets
    10.0 ppg, 5.4 rpg
    A decent one-on-one scorer, Wilson Chandler can still be productive in a limited role.

Agent: Sam Permut 2017/18 Earnings: $12,016,854 Career Earnings: $50,806,358

41. Ersan Ilyasova
    Unrestricted / Power Forward / 6-10 / Team: Philadelphia 76ers
    10.9 ppg, 5.9 rpg
    A veteran floor-spacing power forward who would fit nicely in any offensive scheme.

Agent: Mark Bartelstein 2017/18 Earnings: $6,514,288 Career Earnings: $67,753,372

42. Jeremy Lin
    Player Option / Point Guard / 6-3 / Team: Brooklyn Nets
    18.0 ppg, 4.0 apg
    Plagued by different injuries over the past two seasons, will Jeremy Lin opt out of the final year of his deal and test the open market this summer anyway?

Agent: Jim Tanner 2017/18 Earnings: $12,000,000 Career Earnings: $51,981,991

43. Milos Teodosic
    Player Option / Point Guard / 6-5 / Team: Los Angeles Clippers
    9.5 ppg, 4.6 apg
    Considered one of the bast passers in the world, Milos Teodosic’s first year in the NBA was somewhat hampered by injuries. Nevertheless, he was relatively effective when he saw action.

Agent: Jim Tanner 2017/18 Earnings: $6,000,000 Career Earnings: $6,000,000

44. Shabazz Napier
    Restricted / Point Guard / 6-1 / Team: Portland Trail Blazers
    8.7 ppg, 2.0 apg
    Finally in his fourth season, Shabazz Napier flashed the skill set that famously made LeBron James proclaim him the best player in his draft class. Decent backup point guard option, who uses a pretty pull-up jumper to score effectively.

Agent: Brandon Rosenthal 2017/18 Earnings: $2,361,359 Career Earnings: $6,244,560

45. Marco Belinelli
    Unrestricted / Shooting Guard / 6-5 / Team: Philadelphia 76ers
    12.1 ppg, 1.9 apg
    A three-point sniper who can heat up at a moment’s notice.

Agent: Jeff Schwartz 2017/18 Earnings: $7,082,277 Career Earnings: $37,155,001

46. Cory Joseph
    Player Option / Point Guard / 6-3 / Team: Indiana Pacers
    7.9 ppg, 3.2 apg
    A tough-nosed competitor who is one of the league’s most underrated backup point guards.

Agent: Rich Paul 2017/18 Earnings: $7,630,000 Career Earnings: $26,922,660

47. Tony Parker
    Unrestricted / Point Guard / 6-2 / Team: San Antonio Spurs
    7.7 ppg, 3.5 apg
    A future Hall of Famer, Tony Parker has clearly lost a step. Regardless, still an excellent backup point guard option.

Agent: Steve Heumann 2017/18 Earnings: $15,453,126 Career Earnings: $160,843,436

48. Montrezl Harrell
    Restricted / Power Forward / 6-8 / Team: Los Angeles Clippers
    11.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg
    An explosive big man who is an expert in finishing lobs, and who statistically made the Clippers better when he was on the floor.

Agent: Rich Paul 2017/18 Earnings: $1,471,382 Career Earnings: $3,516,382

49. Joe Harris
    Unrestricted / Shooting Guard / 6-6 / Team: Brooklyn Nets
    10.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg
    Blossomed into an outstanding shooter in his fourth season while also improving defensively.

Agent: Mark Bartelstein 2017/18 Earnings: $1,524,305 Career Earnings: $4,234,674

50. Kyle O’Quinn
    Player Option / Center / 6-10 / Team: New York Knicks
    7.1 ppg, 6.1 rpg
    A bruising big man with limited shooting range, tough rebounding acumen and apt rim protection.

Agent: 2017/18 Earnings: $4,087,500 Career Earnings: $14,249,237

51. Dante Exum
    Restricted / Point Guard / 6-6 / Team: Utah Jazz
    8.1 ppg, 3.1 apg
    Despite having poor injury luck since entering the NBA, Dante Exum is merely 22 years old and still flashes tantalizing potential.

Agent: Brandon Rosenthal 2017/18 Earnings: $4,992,385 Career Earnings: $16,325,425

52. David West
    Unrestricted / Power Forward / 6-9 / Team: Golden State Warriors
    6.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg
    An experienced big man with a deadly mid-range jumper. Always makes the right play. His veteran status makes him a key figure in the locker room.

Agent: Jeff Austin 2017/18 Earnings: $2,328,652 Career Earnings: $91,096,696

53. Lance Stephenson
    Team Option / Shooting Guard / 6-5 / Team: Indiana Pacers
    9.2 ppg, 5.2 rpg
    A wildcard coming off the bench, the mercurial Lance Stephenson can help swing games when he’s got it going.

Agent: Reggie Brown 2017/18 Earnings: $4,180,000 Career Earnings: $30,820,574

54. Nerlens Noel
    Unrestricted / Center / 6-11 / Team: Dallas Mavericks
    4.4 ppg, 5.6 rpg
    Still just 24 years old, it’s getting close to time for Nerlens Noel to show his exciting early career form wasn’t a fluke.

Agent: Rich Paul 2017/18 Earnings: $4,187,599 Career Earnings: $18,517,328

55. Dewayne Dedmon
    Player Option / Center / 6-11 / Team: Atlanta Hawks
    10.0 ppg, 7.9 rpg
    The decently athletic big man flashed a three-point shot this season while providing apt rim protection on the defensive end.

Agent: Michael Silverman 2017/18 Earnings: $6,900,000 Career Earnings: $11,159,762

56. Trevor Booker
    Unrestricted / Power Forward / 6-8 / Team: Indiana Pacers
    6.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg
    After suiting up for three different teams in 2017-18, Trevor Booker may yearn for long-term security with his next contract.

Agent: Jim Tanner 2017/18 Earnings: $9,571,137 Career Earnings: $34,615,051

57. Jeff Green
    Unrestricted / Power Forward / 6-9 / Team: Cleveland Cavaliers
    10.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg
    Solid backup big man with athleticism, decent defensive acumen and some playoff experience.

Agent: Roger Montgomery 2017/18 Earnings: $2,116,955 Career Earnings: $73,170,969

58. Amir Johnson
    Unrestricted / Center / 6-9 / Team: Philadelphia 76ers
    4.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg
    Though his numbers don’t jump off the page, Amir Johnson provides veteran leadership and solid defense on the block.

Agent: Bill Duffy 2017/18 Earnings: $11,000,000 Career Earnings: $75,989,800

59. Jamal Crawford
    Player Option / Shooting Guard / 6-5 / Team: Minnesota Timberwolves
    10.3 ppg, 2.3 apg
    The three-time Sixth Man of the Year isn’t the player he once was, but he can still provide solid scoring off the bench.

Agent: Aaron Goodwin 2017/18 Earnings: $15,270,762 Career Earnings: $117,599,661

60. Ed Davis
    Unrestricted / Power Forward / 6-10 / Team: Portland Trail Blazers
    5.3 ppg, 7.4 rpg
    Toughness, rebounding and rim protection are Ed Davis’ best traits. The Blazers were a better team with Davis on the floor this season.

Agent: Aaron Mintz 2017/18 Earnings: $6,352,531 Career Earnings: $29,921,640

61. Danny Green
    Player Option / Shooting Guard / 6-6 / Team: San Antonio Spurs
    8.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg
    An excellent 3-and-D shooting guard with championship experience, if Danny Green opts out of the final year of his deal, he should draw plenty of interest.

Agent: Joe Branch 2017/18 Earnings: $10,000,000 Career Earnings: $42,607,624

62. Mario Hezonja
    Unrestricted / Small Forward / 6-7 / Team: Orlando Magic
    9.6 ppg, 3.7 rpg
    Was Mario Hezonja’s relative breakout in 2017-18 a product of the Croatian finally getting a longer leash, or was it a contract-year situation and thus, potentially, fool’s gold?

Agent: Michael Tellem 2017/18 Earnings: $4,078,320 Career Earnings: $11,729,640

63. Nemanja Bjelica
    Restricted / Power Forward / 6-10 / Team: Minnesota Timberwolves
    6.8 ppg, 4.1 rpg
    An underrated stretch-4 with some defensive toughness, the Serbian big man is a solid modern-day power forward.

Agent: Jason Ranne 2017/18 Earnings: $3,950,000 Career Earnings: $11,700,000

64. Zaza Pachulia
    Unrestricted / Center / 6-11 / Team: Golden State Warriors
    5.4 ppg, 4.7 rpg
    A bruising enforcer down low and a good defensive center against opposing post-ups. Can still contribute when called upon.

Agent: Mark Bartelstein 2017/18 Earnings: $3,477,600 Career Earnings: $57,035,748

65. Joe Johnson
    Unrestricted / Small Forward / 6-7 / Team: Houston Rockets
    6.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg
    Despite his advanced age, Joe Johnson can still provide some scoring off the bench.

Agent: Jeff Schwartz 2017/18 Earnings: $10,254,904 Career Earnings: $214,797,154

66. Yogi Ferrell
    Restricted / Point Guard / 6-0 / Team: Dallas Mavericks
    10.2 ppg, 2.5 apg
    A young score-first point guard with an accurate three-point stroke, could be an important bench contributor for years to come.

Agent: Keith Kreiter 2017/18 Earnings: $1,312,611 Career Earnings: $1,754,678

67. Seth Curry
    Unrestricted / Shooting Guard / 6-2 / Team: Dallas Mavericks
    N/A
    Missed the entirety of 2017-18 after a stress fracture in his leg. Was really starting to prove he had legit NBA talent prior to the injury.

Agent: Alex Saratsis 2017/18 Earnings: $3,028,410 Career Earnings: $7,218,799

68. Brandan Wright
    Unrestricted / Center / 6-10 / Team: Houston Rockets
    5.0 ppg, 3.4 rpg
    Constant injuries have hampered his career. A more-than-serviceable backup center when healthy.

Agent: Jim Tanner 2017/18 Earnings: $5,955,760 Career Earnings: $39,679,032

69. Doug McDermott
    Restricted / Small Forward / 6-8 / Team: Dallas Mavericks
    7.8 ppg, 2.5 rpg
    A knockdown three-point shooter. Really began to hit his stride after joining the Mavs.

Agent: Mark Bartelstein 2017/18 Earnings: $3,294,994 Career Earnings: $10,436,434

Warriors age won’t break them up. Salary will. They have to pay Klay and Durant. Durant is not taking another discount imo.
    Agreed, after I checked their age I looked at their salary situation. The article I read basically says they will max Durant and dump Iggy. Then hope Thompson gives them a discount. I have some doubt that he will do that.

Sign and trade for Thompson anyone?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I literally thought that Klay Thompson would probably be perfect for us. Just like Jrue, a truly underrated defender.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Give me any combo of these

69. Doug McDermott
    Restricted / Small Forward / 6-8 / Team: Dallas Mavericks
    7.8 ppg, 2.5 rpg
    A knockdown three-point shooter. Really began to hit his stride after joining the Mavs.

Agent: Mark Bartelstein 2017/18 Earnings: $3,294,994 Career Earnings: $10,436,434

. Mario Hezonja
    Unrestricted / Small Forward / 6-7 / Team: Orlando Magic
    9.6 ppg, 3.7 rpg
    Was Mario Hezonja’s relative breakout in 2017-18 a product of the Croatian finally getting a longer leash, or was it a contract-year situation and thus, potentially, fool’s gold?

Agent: Michael Tellem 2017/18 Earnings: $4,078,320 Career Earnings: $11,729,640

Kyle O’Quinn
    Player Option / Center / 6-10 / Team: New York Knicks
    7.1 ppg, 6.1 rpg
    A bruising big man with limited shooting range, tough rebounding acumen and apt rim protection.

. Joe Harris
    Unrestricted / Shooting Guard / 6-6 / Team: Brooklyn Nets
    10.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg
    Blossomed into an outstanding shooter in his fourth season while also improving defensively.

Agent: Mark Bartelstein 2017/18 Earnings: $1,524,305 Career Earnings: $4,234,674

Tony Parker
    Unrestricted / Point Guard / 6-2 / Team: San Antonio Spurs
    7.7 ppg, 3.5 apg
    A future Hall of Famer, Tony Parker has clearly lost a step. Regardless, still an excellent backup point guard option.
    Wayne Ellington
    11.2 ppg, 2.8 rpg
    A scorcher from beyond the arc, Wayne Ellington has taken his game to new heights over the past two seasons, proving that you can even run your second-unit offense around him.

Agent: Jim Tanner 2017/18 Earnings: $6,270,000 Career Earnings: $25,227,827

Kyle Anderson
    Restricted / Small Forward / 6-9 / Team: San Antonio Spurs
    7.9 ppg, 5.4 rpg
    A wing with great size who can play some small-ball power forward, as well as distribute at an above-average rate.

Agent: Thaddeus Foucher 2017/18 Earnings: $2,151,704 Career Earnings: $3,428,639

Avery Bradley
    Unrestricted / Shooting Guard / 6-2 / Team: Los Angeles Clippers
    14.3 ppg, 2.5 rpg
    One of the top available shooting guards, Avery Bradley is a prototypical 3-and-D role player.

Agent: Leon Rose 2017/18 Earnings: $8,808,989 Career Earnings: $29,978,423

Luc Mbah a Moute
    Unrestricted / Power Forward / 6-8 / Team: Houston Rockets
    7.5 ppg, 3.0 rpg
    An above-average three-point shooter with the ability to defend multiple positions, Luc Mbah a Moute has proven time and time again to be an exceptional role player.

Agent: Darren ‘Mats’ Matsubara 2017/18 Earnings: $2,116,955 Career Earnings: $25,811,485

Let’s resign Boogie and Rondo for starters. Afterwards, trade Anjinca and try to move Hill (even if it takes Moore although I would hate to do it). Then sign two bigger guards that can shoot. I wouldn’t mind taking a chance on Hood, Hezonja, Joe Harris, Danny Green, or Wesley Matthews. So our starting lineup would be Rondo, Holiday, mid level SF FA, AD, and Boogie with Frank Jackson, mid level wing, Miller, Mirotic, and Diallo off the bench. Also, have Okafor for another year as a backup big/vet presence.

Thread Information