Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What additional pieces must be added?

What additional pieces must be added?

We all know that we need to make a few changes to get over the top, but what can we afford to do?

We need to bring back Boogie, and if not find a trade for him that will bring us back something of equal value.

We need gamers, would a move for a guy like Jabari Parker do that trick?

We need to know what Solomon Hill is about.

What else?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

We need a legit SF anyway we can get one..

Bring back Boogie, Rondo and hopefully Clark also

Find a way to somehow get from under Solo’s contract and get a competent two way SF. Oh, and re-sign Cousins.

Put up a fake Hollywood sign and hijack Paul George's plane.

The Franchise
    Length, defense, and shooting from the wings. We can’t match up against tall athletic teams especially when we aren’t hitting shots. Henzonja, Ariza, and Hood are a few we could go after with the MLE or partial MLE. I’d still try to grab one even if we got PG.

I’d draft a few taller SG/SF types. The Martin twins come to mind right away. Maybe we could buy another 2nd rounder and get both. Diop is all over the place in mock drafts and Troy Brown would be great but think he’d be long gone.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Paul George is most likely pipe dream if we bring back Boogie. I'm a big Rodney Hood fan, maybe we can pry him away. Mario Hezonja too. We just need another shooter who's above 6'6.

I would try to get Robert Covington or Otto Porter.

Trade Ajinca, Moore and Hill. You can add our pick if We need this to upload Ajinca or Hill contract.

Resing Boogie and Rondo.

I will pass on Clark - sign Marco Belinelli or Wayne Ellington.

Off course We need to go over the cap space to make another step.

Add some vets to our bench.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Paul George is most likely pipe dream if we bring back Boogie. I'm a big Rodney Hood fan, maybe we can pry him away. Mario Hezonja too. We just need another shooter who's above 6'6.
    Yea hopefully this good playoff run can help attract free-agents to sign for a bit less here to play for a competing team in hopes to increase their future contracts. Hezonja would be awesome, Hood would be okay but he seems pretty one-dimensional and inconsistent. I think both sign bigger contracts with other teams to cash in, but it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    I would try to get Robert Covington or Otto Porter.

Trade Ajinca, Moore and Hill. You can add our pick if We need this to upload Ajinca or Hill contract.

Resing Boogie and Rondo.

I will pass on Clark - sign Marco Belinelli or Wayne Ellington.

Off course We need to go over the cap space to make another step.

Add some vets to our bench.
    Now explain why PHI or WAS would trade those productive SF's for that trade package, from their perspective. Lol. Ellington would be an amazing fit, a true lights-out 3-pt. shooter who would get wide open looks here. Hopefully Dell and player agents can point to 3-Twaun and Miller's huge jumps in 3pt% playing with AD/Boogie, to attract other good shooters. But again, Heat can re-sign Ellington for more and their an org. with a great track record, play in the East. Same with PHI and Marco. I'm sure Pels will find a way to get someone good though!

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Obviously Boogie is priority#1. With him we can legitimately guard Golden State. We can put him or AD on Durant. Move Jrue onto Klay or Steph.

Priority #2 is to re-sign Rondo. There is no denying the impact he has had on the mentality of this team.

Priority #3 is to trade Ajinca and Hill. Either in one deal or in separate deals.

Priority #4 is to add as much talent to this bench as possible. This may be the key to us competing for a title next season. Our bench is subpar. Need more shooters and more vets on that bench. On a side note, we have to keep Mirotic. A rotation of him Davis and Cousins would be deadly. Plus you actually will have an asset at next year's trade deadline just in case you need it.

We could get Paul George very similar to how Houston got Chris Paul last summer. This would require #1 Paul George wanting to be here and pushing for OKC to either trade him or lose him for nothing.

The deal I assume would revolve around Paul George for Hill + Ajinca/Moore then picks and filler. I'm sure OKC would want Diallo as a young development piece and maybe even Miller as an expiring on a good contract and production. There would almost almost certainly need to be a 3rd team involved to dump Hill and his contract. It would require a lot of giving up assets for us but it would be 100% worth it.

If Hill hadn't gotten injured and played like he did last year then he might even have been considered a net neutral asset and not needed to be dumped or just cost a 2nd but oh well. Same goes for Frank Jackson. He has the potential that if he had played and been healthy he could have been a good trade chip.

As it stands it 100% is on Paul George. If he wants to be here, he will force his way and we will make whatever moves we have to, to clear the space.

As far as other players, I am assuming we won't be able to keep Rondo and Clark because Clark will want more than the vet minimum and our exception will have to go to Rondo. Maybe if Rondo is willing to take a little less because he really likes it here and wants to win go for a ring then he will work with us to be able to split the exception for both.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 05-07-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Yeah Paul George basically solves our biggest problems.

All of the sudden you have a series where, assuming Cousins gets healthy, you have the mismatches in your favor.

Playoff Rondo and Jrue on Curry/Thompson, George and AD harassing KD, and Cousins cleaning up the boards and exploiting their lack of size and interior defense. Plus you now have the tools to match their lineup of death for the most part. Basically a similar/better version of what OKC right before they lost Durant to the Warriors. When they took that Warriors team to the brink.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Now explain why PHI or WAS would trade those productive SF's for that trade package, from their perspective. Lol. Ellington would be an amazing fit, a true lights-out 3-pt. shooter who would get wide open looks here. Hopefully Dell and player agents can point to 3-Twaun and Miller's huge jumps in 3pt% playing with AD/Boogie, to attract other good shooters. But again, Heat can re-sign Ellington for more and their an org. with a great track record, play in the East. Same with PHI and Marco. I'm sure Pels will find a way to get someone good though!
    Lebron will go to 76ers and Covington will not be very happy with bench role. Wizards are done, they dont win anything with their squad. They need some changes.

I Will make a package with - Ajinca, Moore, Diallo and Pick + fillers.
    Last edited by Creative; 05-07-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Obviously Boogie is priority#1. With him we can legitimately guard Golden State. We can put him or AD on Durant. Move Jrue onto Klay or Steph.

You can't put Cousins on KD. He'd force the Warriors to play McGee. That's who Cousins would "guard" although he'd spent 90% of his defensive time icing or hard hedging on the perimeter.

Basketball Guru
    First priority is to see where LeBron goes because some teams will be trading and trying to move players...LeBron decision to the west or east will affect what some teams do....

Re-sign boogie..

Hope Paul George check his ego and come ring chase and form a big 4 here.....

If George don't happen, I'll try and trade Niko to Dallas for Harrison Barnes......jrue,barnes, ad, boogie as our big 4 and add players around those 4 and let the season roll.....if we get something out of Jackson ,,the team would be even better......

And I’ll say this for George. Pels should probably turn into Cleveland fans if the inevitable happens and GS wins series. Because both of those guys would have quite the incentive toward teaming up to go to LA.

But if Cleveland wins another one, no way LeBron can justify leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    First priority is to see where LeBron goes because some teams will be trading and trying to move players...LeBron decision to the west or east will affect what some teams do....

Re-sign boogie..

Hope Paul George check his ego and come ring chase and form a big 4 here.....

If George don't happen, I'll try and trade Niko to Dallas for Harrison Barnes......jrue,barnes, ad, boogie as our big 4 and add players around those 4 and let the season roll.....if we get something out of Jackson ,,the team would be even better......
    we need to keep Mirotic at all costs other than the cost of losing boogie. he will be a much more valuable asset than Harrison Barnes. Niko off the bench gives our bench the scoring we need! Niko is a better version of Ryan Anderson in every way, especially on D.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    You can't put Cousins on KD. He'd force the Warriors to play McGee. That's who Cousins would "guard" although he'd spent 90% of his defensive time icing or hard hedging on the perimeter.
    I agree. However I guess my main point is we don't have to worry about guarding any of these guys undersized. Even if Boogie gets switched on him, you'd rather have that instead of Moore or Jrue being taken into the post.

GS has no answer for Boogie at 5 down low w/o double team, same w/AD(3). Jrue at point or 2, EM or DM or Clark or RONDO, NICO at 4. We kill them BIGGER. But KL or PG make it easier.

According to RPM Carroll has the 9th best record amongst SF's.

I'd consider a Hill/Ajinca and top 5 protected for Carroll.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/r...RPM/position/5

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Saw it earlier, why do people think the Sixers get LeBron? I assume that's a sign and trade, because Ben Simmons officially becomes useless if he's not the point forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Saw it earlier, why do people think the Sixers get LeBron? I assume that's a sign and trade, because Ben Simmons officially becomes useless if he's not the point forward.
    Yeah it makes no sense for them. Especially long term. Even ignoring the fact that Simmons would be made somewhat redundant, one of their major advantages is the cap situation long term. Signing LeBron obliterates that, and also puts them in trouble (assuming he stays) in a few years time when they have to resign everyone else too. LeBron said years ago that he wouldn't be taking less than the max again, and I believe him.
    Basketball.

At least now Pels have pieces which may interest other teams.

Mirotić and his expiring deal.
    Moore and his great deal.
    Prospect in Diallo and his controlled contract.
    Miller and his friendly deal.

Those are the trade piecesworth considering for many franchises.

Love Mirotić, but now probably is the peak of his value. He is a good player on a fair contract, also expiring in a year time.
    Personally I expect his next contract to be similar to Ryno.
    It may hurt.

Not saying that we should trade any of them. For now lest just consider them...

I don't know how it'd be possible, but my dream starting line-up would be.

PG-Rajon Rondo
    SG-Jrue Holiday
    SF-Kawhi Leonard
    PF-Anthony Davis
    C-DeMarcus Cousins

I'd love to sign Mirotic and Derrick Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    At least now Pels have pieces which may interest other teams.

Mirotić and his expiring deal.
    Moore and his great deal.
    Prospect in Diallo and his controlled contract.
    Miller and his friendly deal.

Those are the trade piecesworth considering for many franchises.

Love Mirotić, but now probably is the peak of his value. He is a good player on a fair contract, also expiring in a year time.
    Personally I expect his next contract to be similar to Ryno.
    It may hurt.

Not saying that we should trade any of them. For now lest just consider them...
    I think it would be idiotic to trade Mirotic and/or Etwaun... you're not going to be able to afford a superstar to replace them, and they've significantly contributed to this team during the run/late season/playoffs... We cut all of the fat but Ajinca... I'd honestly only consider moving Miller or Diallo... Even them, I'd like to keep...

I like the current roster + boogie. No sense in making ANY trades until we figure if we have boogie or not...

Thread Information