Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 2 - New Orleans Pelicans VS Golden State Warriors - Game Four

We just couldn't make shots in Game 4. plain and simple. We hit our shots in game 3 and won. We missed those same shots in game 4 and lost. The diff between us and the Warriors is they make their shots consistently. They have GREAT shooters on their team. Its been our story all along we just can't consistently make shots. That's why I've always been a "players play" guy I never blame Gentry for our guys missing shots... it just doesn't make sense. Gentry draws up plays to get us open shots and we miss. Is that his fault?

That, and the refs suck. I mean damn.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    We just couldn't make shots in Game 4. plain and simple. We hit our shots in game 3 and won. We missed those same shots in game 4 and lost. The diff between us and the Warriors is they make their shots consistently. They have GREAT shooters on their team. Its been our story all along we just can't consistently make shots. That's why I've always been a "players play" guy I never blame Gentry for our guys missing shots... it just doesn't make sense. Gentry draws up plays to get us open shots and we miss. Is that his fault?

That, and the refs suck. I mean damn.
    It's not entirely the shots not falling. A lot of the off ball movement and hustle we had in game 3 wasn't there. Especially in the third quarter. So there is definitely stuff to criticise.

But what can you do? We're missing 25/13/5 from the lineup and our "starting" SF has been out all year and looks rough. You're probably going to lose against Golden state unless you play out of your skin every single game. It's not the end of the world.
    Basketball.

I have 0 doubts the game tonight will be decided in the last 3 minutes.

Why cause the Pels will be so far ahead in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I have 0 doubts the game tonight will be decided in the last 3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's not entirely the shots not falling. A lot of the off ball movement and hustle we had in game 3 wasn't there. Especially in the third quarter. So there is definitely stuff to criticise.

But what can you do? We're missing 25/13/5 from the lineup and our "starting" SF has been out all year and looks rough. You're probably going to lose against Golden state unless you play out of your skin every single game. It's not the end of the world.
    I mean, that's it.

We have gone the furthest out of any of the teams missing a superstar. The Celtics don't count because of who they played. Lol. You just aren't going to beat Golden State and Houston when they are healthy and you are missing a superstar.

We can argue that game two should have been ours. And it should have. But with an deep as they are and how the NBA officiates to it's darlings, it wasn't going to last.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information