Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 2 - New Orleans Pelicans VS Golden State Warriors - Game Three

30 point lead...sheesh
    I'm a grinder

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    clark and hill 6-11 from 3. that was the difference tonight.

and the fact they were just 9 for 31 as a team.

I agree. Hit the threes and they have to leave the paint open. An announcer even started to talk about how big the open lanes were.

That. And the officiating was only normal level skewed towards GS.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    I agree. Hit the threes and they have to leave the paint open. An announcer even started to talk about how big the open lanes were.

That. And the officiating was only normal level skewed towards GS.
    This is exactly why we need to load up with shooters going into this offseason. Re-sign Boogie. Get a 3, some way some how.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Hopefully Paul George seen us BLOW out the defending champs in the playoffs at their full health
    Man it would be a dream come true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been able to watch games 2 or 3 because my son was finally born but I'm so hype to go back and watch the replay. I'll be honest, I've had like zero sleep this week and totally forgot there was even a game last night until I checked Twitter for the 1st time in days this morning and saw not only a game but a win!

Cheer the team on to another win everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I haven't been able to watch games 2 or 3 because my son was finally born but I'm so hype to go back and watch the replay. I'll be honest, I've had like zero sleep this week and totally forgot there was even a game last night until I checked Twitter for the 1st time in days this morning and saw not only a game but a win!

Congrats on the newborn!

Game two was great too aside from the reffing. It was as close as you can get to a moral victory, cause we outplayed them considerably but the refs stole it.

This one was a real killer though. Destroyed them.
    Basketball.

Congrats

I loved that our fans drowned out the bandwagon warrior fans

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I loved that our fans drowned out the bandwagon warrior fans

There were not as many of those fans this time around. Always sad when most of them were local. At some point switch your loyalties to the home team.

Quote Originally Posted by shanesy View Post
    There were not as many of those fans this time around. Always sad when most of them were local. At some point switch your loyalties to the home team.
    Exactly okay I get it we sucked we don't right now so actually cheer for your home town team

Just finished watching the game. It was awesome!!!! I love how chippy Rondo was. He is exactly the type of guy you need in the playoffs. He is scared of no one and so smart with how he does it.

The Mirotic foul at the start of the game was hilarious to me but it set a tone.

What was even crazier was as good as this game was, AD wasn't even close to his best game ever or even Jrue. This was a through stomping without any one going off for us. I honestly feel like as long as the refs stay out of it we can make this a series. Will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes.

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Congrats on the new bundle of joy. Make sure he has plenty Pels gear.

Great win! GEAUX PELS!!!

Just finished watching the game. It was awesome!!!! I love how chippy Rondo was. He is exactly the type of guy you need in the playoffs. He is scared of no one and so smart with how he does it.

The Mirotic foul at the start of the game was hilarious to me but it set a tone.

What was even crazier was as good as this game was, AD wasn't even close to his best game ever or even Jrue. This was a through stomping without any one going off for us. I honestly feel like as long as the refs stay out of it we can make this a series. Will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes.
    If it gets called even reasonably close (say GS get 7 more free throws than us a game), we win this series.

Basketball Guru
    The main thing I was impressed with was the fact that klay had 30 something and we were up big on them and won the game.....in the 3 games we loss klay got hot at crucial times of the game and was a big factor that we loss those games..klay always kill us and in game 2 if our pick n roll defense didn't suck plus with the refs not giving us calls,,,I think we should have been up 2-1.......

Mad props to our bench for showing up this game......

Congrats, or condolences (depends on if you enjoy sleeping). Having 4 myself some of the best games (win or lose) are the ones I go to with my kids.

Enjoy yourself, hope mom is doing well.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I went back and watched game 2 as well. We should be leading the series 2-1 right now. Insane how badly that game was called.

My feeling is Steph isn't 100%. Which makes me think if we stay aggressive and don't allow fouls to dictate the game we have a shot.

If we play in games 4, 5, 6, etc, the way we played in games 2 and 3, there's only so much they can do. We're taking this 7 at least.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We had one great game. I think this pelicans team is incredibly good. Way better than 2015. Rondo is the main reason the pelicans have improved so much. You can tell that our guys are more confident with him. Demps has proven he is a very good GM. There was some Solomon Hill bashing recently and criticizing Demps for that contract. Maybe it wasn’t the best contract but looking back at it getting Moore and Hill was a good move. Those guys play hard and I think Rondo’s GRIT is infectious. The starters play with serious intensity and are so focused with Rondo. Rondo is a Point God period. If he gets us past the warriors he will be a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    We had one great game. I think this pelicans team is incredibly good. Way better than 2015. Rondo is the main reason the pelicans have improved so much. You can tell that our guys are more confident with him. Demps has proven he is a very good GM. There was some Solomon Hill bashing recently and criticizing Demps for that contract. Maybe it wasn’t the best contract but looking back at it getting Moore and Hill was a good move. Those guys play hard and I think Rondo’s GRIT is infectious. The starters play with serious intensity and are so focused with Rondo. Rondo is a Point God period. If he gets us past the warriors he will be a legend.

You'd have to start seriously considering him one of the best ever if it does happen.

Last night was incredible. Rondo was terrorizing Draymond and dropping dimes everywhere. AD was dominating Draymond and these things took toll on him. You could see how we were in his head, if you listened to him post game. I hate Draymond so much, so that was awesome to see.

And how about Jrue completely shutting down Kevin Durant? Dude is one of the best offensive players of all time, is in his prime and has like seven inches on Jrue, yet Jrue shut him down last night. That was incredible.

If the refs weren't doing their best to give this series to the Warriors, we would be up 2-1 in this series, because we outplayed them in game two as well.

I love this team. Can't wait for game 4. We Flappin'

The energy in the Blender was electric last night. Loved the crowd booing every time Green touched the ball.
    RIP FlyGirl

Well, it's judgement day. Let's tie this series up. Rondo better watch out. They may try to get Rondo on foul trouble early to keep him off the floor.

Today is gonna be huge. If we win this one, were taking the series. Be'lee dat

Thread Information