Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 2 - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors- Game Two

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    The saddest part is that there will be no mention of this in the media. NOLA media needs to push it.
    you mean, like this ... http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...ml#incart_2box

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    NOLA Media... Is that an oxymoron?
    Do you know what an oxymoron is? Do you realize that we have 2 newspapers in town? In the current media landscape, that is very impressive. I do think that there should be more Pels coverage, although I think it will increase going forward.

Basketball Guru
    Plain and simple our pick n roll defense suck in these 2 games...I believe if we don't give up those easy points in the pick n roll,,,we would have won this game.....the easy points that green and west scored in pick n roll and the assist points that came from the pick n roll help the warriors big time in this game.......

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Earlier, I asked Green if his performance rises at the same levels as his feelings of hostility towards the opponent, and if that happens, is it inevitable that there will be little scuffles — like his face-to-face bellowing with Nikola Mirotic, his quick confrontation with Rondo at the beginning of halftime and his leg wrestling with Anthony Davis when both hit the floor in the second half.

“What really happened?” Green said.

Well, there was that moment when you made a layup, got fouled, and then you and Mirotic were bellowing at each other when Mirotic wandered back to you.

“I got an and-one and yelled,” Green said. “Guy’s allowed to walk up in my face. I would’ve gotten thrown out. If I walk up on a guy that just got an and-one, I get thrown out of the game.

“So you know, different strokes for different guys. Different things work for different guys. How quick would they have thrown me out if I’d gotten into Mirotic’s face like that? Just crazy.”
    https://theathletic.com/338812/2018/...g-for-a-while/

Soooooo Draymond actually think the refs are out to get HIM?! Man is mental, considering everything he has gotten away with.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    https://theathletic.com/338812/2018/...g-for-a-while/

Soooooo Draymond actually think the refs are out to get HIM?! Man is mental, considering everything he has gotten away with.
    Psychological projection mixed with a fatal dose of ego based Dunning Kruger effect
    Basketball.

I feel like everyone knows a Draymond Green at some point in there life. Just that annoying person who is treated relatively well based on their behavior, but cries victim at even the slightest bit of discipline.

I saw someone on twitter (just a random person) saying that Draymond legitimately commits 15 fouls, 3-4 techs, and 1-2 flagrants over the course of any game. Yet still, he gets away with it all and then has the nerve to throw a 30 second profanity laced tantrum when he gets called for shoving AD on a lob, THE SECOND TIME.

Outside of the FT disparity, I think Draymond being allowed to do whatever he wants from a foul standpoint on AD is what is really dictating this series. If the refs call a clean game at home (which I think they will for at least game 3) I think AD puts up 35+.

I just really..... really dont like Draymond.

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    I feel like everyone knows a Draymond Green at some point in there life. Just that annoying person who is treated relatively well based on their behavior, but cries victim at even the slightest bit of discipline.

I saw someone on twitter (just a random person) saying that Draymond legitimately commits 15 fouls, 3-4 techs, and 1-2 flagrants over the course of any game. Yet still, he gets away with it all and then has the nerve to throw a 30 second profanity laced tantrum when he gets called for shoving AD on a lob, THE SECOND TIME.

Outside of the FT disparity, I think Draymond being allowed to do whatever he wants from a foul standpoint on AD is what is really dictating this series. If the refs call a clean game at home (which I think they will for at least game 3) I think AD puts up 35+.

I just really..... really dont like Draymond.
    Basically all of this.

Draymond Green is a perfect example of the kind of human being who hasn't been punched nearly enough. I generally don't advocate physical violence, but I'm sure you understand what I mean when I say that sometimes being knocked flat can be good for someone. A healthy reality check, keeps the ego under control, etc etc. Draymond needs knocking out probably five or six times.

I have seen probably 150 games he's played in, and I can think of maybe twice that I saw a game I wouldn't have ejected him from, were I a ref. He's legitimately the definition of a dirty player.

Thread Information