Pelicans Report

Thread: Max Kellerman: Paul George should take a good long look at New Orleans

Max Kellerman: Paul George should take a good long look at New Orleans

Now here’s something Pels fans need to get used to, having the national press start talking about why superstars should consider New Orleans as a premiere destination for their services.

Max Kellerman was on First Take making the plea/argument that if Paul George really wants to win then he needs to basically think long and hard about finding a way to New Orleans.

And you know these guys do end up hearing about this stuff(as evidenced by AD’s intimate familiarity in his interview with Rachel Nichols and others about the press and him going to Boston...before we became the media’s newest darling).

So here’s to hopefully more blistering hot takes by the ESPN pundit class to get that ear worm going about how Paul George should really consider teaming up with the USA teammate that showed his character by staying by his side after that devastating injury and is on one of the hotter upcoming teams that has a perfect fit for his services.

That's awesome that was brought up on a mainstream show. He really would be a perfect fit here, and probably one of the best fits for him. I just wonder if competing really is his main priority or if going to LA is.

Don't count out Philly.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Don't count out Philly.
    I mean they are certainly in the same boat we are, up and coming team with a lot of buzz, except they do have the leg up on us in one major way by having the necessary cap space to just sign him outright.

TBH it’s always going to be a long shot, but I don’t want to underplay the one advantage we do have which is two players, in a league of intense superstar camaraderie, that has two superstar in Cousins and Davis that have built that relationship through team USA. And you can throw Rondo in there who players love that could get on the blower and show George all the ways he can do for him what he just did for Jrue.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I mean they are certainly in the same boat we are, up and coming team with a lot of buzz, except they do have the leg up on us in one major way by having the necessary cap space to just sign him outright.

TBH it’s always going to be a long shot, but I don’t want to underplay the one advantage we do have which is two players, in a league of intense superstar camaraderie, that has two superstar in Cousins and Davis that have built that relationship through team USA. And you can throw Rondo in there who players love that could get on the blower and show George all the ways he can do for him what he just did for Jrue.
    They also play in the East, which may loom even larger depending on what happens with Bron this offseason.

this obv won't happen if we try to bring cousins back but i think he would be a tremendous fit for this team.

Would you switch out Boogie for PG13?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

you can resign boogie and do a sign&trade for PG similar to what houston did for CP3 last summer

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    you can resign boogie and do a sign&trade for PG similar to what houston did for CP3 last summer
    That would be the dream.

Jesus, is that financially possible? If that were to happen title party at my place...in houston.

Demps...make this happen!!! Pretty please with sugar on top.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    ha okay.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    ha okay.
    maybe 1% chance of it happening ha but it's possible

The Franchise
    PG would be a way better fit for Gentry’s system then Boogie but even with both we need a lot of shooters to surround them.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    PG would be a way better fit for Gentry’s system then Boogie but even with both we need a lot of shooters to surround them.
    Don't we already have a lot of shooters? Miller, Jrue, Clark, Mirotic, and Moore can stroke it from deep. And AD and Cousins can hit from there, but you don't want them shooting more than two or three agame, though Cousins will gladly hoist up about 7 a game.

And to say nothing of whatever Frank Jackson might add...unless off course he's used in the trade. Probably along with Mirotic.

I think there's a good chance he could end up here. I mean, good relative to none at all.

Here's the responses from when I posted this idea on realgm trade board a few weeks ago:
    https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...eorge+pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Here's the responses from when I posted this idea on realgm trade board a few weeks ago:
    Pretty nice trade. I’d rather include Hill than Mirotic but I’m cool with whatever it takes to get George.

first and foremost we HAVE to re-sign Boogie! that HAS to be #1 priority! no way no how should we EVER let a top 5 NBA talent walk if we have a choice. PG13 would be a great fit here, but idk how we could make it work money wise. I also believe we need to do everything we can to keep Mirotic, he is a SOLID player all around and is everything and more that we wished Ryan Anderson would be. if we have to trade someone to get him it should be Soloman Hill, as hes been absolutely TERRIBLE since coming back.
    A starting line up ok Boogie, Ad, PG, Jrue, Rondo would have up as a top 3 seed in the west 100%. That isnt even mentioning guys like Mirotic, Miller, Moore, Clark, Crawford, Diallo, Frank Jackson (wonder if he can pull a ben simmons and come back next year and win rookie of the year since he was hurt this whole year and didnt play a single minute) coming off the bench! Thats a line up that can compete with GSW and Houston!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    I think it is hilarious that guy was saying how much better Philly is than any team in the EAST bc they were beating Miami so bad...I wonder if he changes his mind after them being beat by Celtics w/o Kyrie, Hayward, and Brown. Celtics will dominate the EAST next year...Philly fans are delusional if they think next year they will be the best team in EAST.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I think it is hilarious that guy was saying how much better Philly is than any team in the EAST bc they were beating Miami so bad...I wonder if he changes his mind after them being beat by Celtics w/o Kyrie, Hayward, and Brown. Celtics will dominate the EAST next year...Philly fans are delusional if they think next year they will be the best team in EAST.
    The Celtics are going to be scary good next year.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    The Celtics are going to be scary good next year.
    I agree.....They will be good for years to come...Only problem that I see is someone out of Rozier, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, and Irving will have to come off the bench...One of the first 3 will want to start and might leave.

Thread Information