Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 2 - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors- Game One

Well that sucked

Jrue Holiday can't do his regular season turtle shell in the playoffs. He has to show up every night. 14 shots in 31 minutes will not cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Jrue Holiday can't do his regular season turtle shell in the playoffs. He has to show up every night. 14 shots in 31 minutes will not cut it.
    He was more aggressive in the first quarter. Tucked himself away after the refs gave him 3 nonsense fouls early.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Oh you'd have to be willing to give up at least a first rounder and maybe some combo of Mirotic/Moore/Hill/Diallo.

Might even have to help facilitate a trade to get Melo off their books by enticing some team like Brooklyn to take him for another first rounder. Since based on his words last night and today, he's going to be a problem they want to get rid of.

Like I said, it would be a high bar, close to improbable, but I was just trying to answer the question in a way that wasn't full on magical thinking....Though perhaps it's borderline close.
    fer shizzle. I can see OKC agreeing to it if PG makes it clear that's the only team he'll agree to, and OKC gets a chance to add decent role players and picks when they wouldn't be able to otherwise with their over the cap-ness.

But on the other hand, maybe they wouldn't just look to cut their loss and not take on further salary for a mediocre team. At least that's what the OKC fans on realgm said when I posed this possibility on the trade board, lol.

I think he's set on going to the Lakers, honestly. Our best bet may be hoping Boogie comes back to full form and plays even better/smarter, while adding a few contributing wing players, and/or Solo returns fully healthy and better. Off to 2K to dream up scenarios, lol

I don't know if I find it amusing or pathetic to see how quick ESPN is to trip over themselves about this. They've spent the last few days giving the Pelicans a surprising amount of space, talking about them on First Take, mentioning them in articles, etc, and now all of a sudden we lose one games and we've been ''brought back down to reality'' according to them.

Journalism at its finest.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    The PELS are going to adjust. Don’t get carried away with this loss. We got outcoached and I honestly feel like the team didn’t play as hard in the 2nd quarter. The refs did help gsw a bit but it’s the game plan that cost us the game. We have to be way more physical. If the refs are going to call so many fouls then we need to foul HARD. They made AD uncomfortable and Jrue became more hesitant. We are better than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOLOMON HILL IS WORSE THAN DAN DICKAU

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Of course, Dickau averaged 13ppg for us.

Jrue needs to be putting up 20-25ppg and Niko 15-20 ppg for us to win here

The thing is, I'm not so concerned with winning this series as I am about making this even called a series just to draw more potential players who would want to come here and play for us. This is our time to prove that we are good on the big stage against the defending champs. We know all NBA players are watching. That's what bums me out the most about this first game.
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 04-29-2018 at 01:43 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    The thing is, I'm not so concerned with winning this series as I am about making this even called a series just to draw more potential players who would want to come here and play for us. This is our time to prove that we are good on the big stage against the defending champs. We know all NBA players are watching. That's what bums me out the most about this first game.
    I hear you. We will be back in game 2. No way we let them do that again. They got too many easy buckets... our defense will be better and AD will be back on fire. We didn’t lose the series. This is ONE GAME. Everyone seems to have thrown in the towel here. We can still get game 2.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I hear you. We will be back in game 2. No way we let them do that again. They got too many easy buckets... our defense will be better and AD will be back on fire. We didn’t lose the series. This is ONE GAME. Everyone seems to have thrown in the towel here. We can still get game 2.

Nah, I haven't thrown in the towel. I said Pels in 6. Knew we'd drop one in their building.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    The PELS are going to adjust. Don’t get carried away with this loss. We got outcoached and I honestly feel like the team didn’t play as hard in the 2nd quarter. The refs did help gsw a bit but it’s the game plan that cost us the game. We have to be way more physical. If the refs are going to call so many fouls then we need to foul HARD. They made AD uncomfortable and Jrue became more hesitant. We are better than this.

Well said. We are better and We Will make them earn that 2 game. Physical defence is the key.

Gentry is going to have to change his philosophy we were severly outmatched in size and lost the rebounding. They were able to exploit that difference a lot on offense. Okafor will have to be used against David West. I understood Gentry's reasoning last series but don't in this series... small ball simply isn't going to do it against the Warriors. They are doing to us what we did to Portland. All of us knows size matters.
    Last edited by sterlr; 04-29-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Nah, I haven't thrown in the towel. I said Pels in 6. Knew we'd drop one in their building.
    Curry will be back for game 2. Marv Albert mentioned it during the broadcast. We’ll be lucky if this series goes to 5 games. We just don’t have the wings to matchup against Durant or Iggy.

Don't forget the old, but accurate, saying: "A series doesn't really begin until someone loses at home. All GSW has done is hold serve. If we can win at home with our fans, we have three more tries to take one from them in Oakland.

If nothing else this will shut up all the national media hot takes of "The Pels don't need / are better without Cousins."

Basketball Guru
    Gs will sweep us if gentry keep being hardheaded and playing small ball with them.....we need okafor to be in a 3 bigman rotation or maybe diallo to help with rebounding and keep a big on West........we were bad on defense and I think our stars loss focus after getting fouls or not getting the same calls on our end.......I really think we had to much time off because we were hot playing every other day so may be we get back to playing good ball game 2 and 3......

I always believed that old had the blueprint to beat gs with kantner and adams rebounding and scoring inside and with me and Westbrook...that whole season that okc team used their bigmen to handle the warriors and in that series the bits had their way with them and was winning the series but Westbrook ego took over and cost okc that series.........

This the team we need cousins for to make them match up against us......if gentry keep the small ball game going and we loose this series then cousins resigning price will go up lol...

It's funny how everyone focuses on the offense and not the defense.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

I cringe each time he shoots a corner three, run the ball down court instead of handing it off to our guards. I would much rather have Diallo play D than Hill.
    Last edited by j_bones; 04-29-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Well... When was the last time GSW choked a game 1 in Oracle anyways? An L was expected. The fact that the ref threw us us off and lost 22 points with 21 point FT disparity tells me that we can steal this series. We need to get better in space awareness and motion fluid on offense. We couldn't hit from the 3 pt line and immediately start crowding the paint with violations. Gentry need to trash his game 1 matchups. The height advantages has always been a problem with GSW.. Slow down the pace, because we simply can't beat GSW at their own game. I been preaching this for 3 years.

We definitely need more length on the boards, Nico is way outside on KD, which isn't a terrible move, but that leaves AD all alone among the timbers. Oak needs minutes. MAYBE a few for Diallo, but not many, he was getting bounced around more than a pinball. Think Oak needs to start and NICO replace at RONDO and EM first rest. THEN back again to start 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Don't forget the old, but accurate, saying: "A series doesn't really begin until someone loses at home. All GSW has done is hold serve. If we can win at home with our fans, we have three more tries to take one from them in Oakland.
    What if the home teams win all 4 home games then advance? Has the series started?
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

The Franchise
    Not a good start. That week off prob hurt our momentum. GS’s length is gonna be a problem. I think we can adjust and be more competitive.

I feel if this series goes badly. We are gonna panic and give Boogie a 5 year Max.

Thread Information