Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 2 - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors- Game One

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Stop. You're talking yourself in circles.
    Say what you will, but I know what I wanted to ask because I'm the one who asked it lol.

I just meant that the refs can't possibly dictate the game on every single possession by calling fouls on us. Because they are not calling fouls on us on every single possession. Now, that doesn't mean I am saying, "the refs aren't dictating the game." I just meant that they are not dictating the game BY CALLING FOULS ON US ON EVERY POESSESSION.

Honest to everything, that is exactly what I meant to say.
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 04-28-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Oh look were getting "fouls" now bc they want it to at least look a little legit right.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think he was referring to the bit where you literally said you didn't say the exact verbatim phrase that you did say.
    oh, okay lol. Yeah, vocab and word wise, yes, I got owned there.

Were just getting outplayed now. But the damage was done. A 7 min clock period of horribly one sided officiating totally changed this game.

Still, guys have to make shots. Jrue, Niko, and AD. Gotta be better.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Say what you will, but I know what I wanted to ask because I'm the one who asked it lol.

I just meant that the refs can't possibly dictate the game on every single possession by calling fouls on us. Honest to everything, that is exactly what I meant to say.
    If that's what you meant to say, fine. But in that case, its just a really stupid comment. They don't have to control every possession in order to dictate the game, and we all know that.

I just meant that the refs can't possibly dictate the game on every single possession by calling fouls on us. Honest to everything, that is exactly what I meant to say.
    Hows this phrasing for you:

The decisions of the referees have directly impacted every possession of the game, either by their direct inability to correctly call plays, or by the longer term lasting effects of those missed/wrong calls that occurred earlier, leading to players being forced into untenable positions by said officiating.

Got a problem with that formulation of the point?
    Basketball.

embarrassing

I'm not so sure that you do actually know what you wanted to ask or exactly what you meant. I see a lot of crawfishing and wiggling to try to stick to some very tentative thread of logic that doesn't apply or make sense.

My assumption at this point is that you've probably been drinking. Which, I don't actually blame you for because this game has been terrible.

And its obvious now, because we're rushing our shots because we know if we wait to shoot in rhythm there will be contact, and probably not called. So even now, the calls from the first part of the game are affecting the second half of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    embarrassing
    For the Officials? Oh yeah.

We aren’t competing . Just doing whatever on offense . Shut it down and get ready for game 2
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

I never post about the refs but there’s a first time for everything. The refs took the Pels out of this game in the 1st quarter. GSW got every call and AD was referreed like an undrafted free agent on a 10 day contract. Also, can we stop putting Solo in the game? Oh, last thing. Who would have thunk playing super fast against the Warriors would lead to a blow out. If you were in the pace and space don’t resign Boogie camp, you are looking at your future. This team will never out pace and space GSW nor HOU
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Pels have gone cold. Time to focus on game 2 and burn the film from this game.

Man, I thought we were gonna come and win today. I'm so disappointed because I had been so ready for this game

HF this team is pathetic at drawing fouls.
    Moore twice got his defender in the air on the 3 point line and instead of leaning towards the defender he fakes and takes a 2 pt shot.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I never post about the refs but there’s a first time for everything. The refs took the Pels out of this game in the 1st quarter. GSW got every call and AD was referreed like an undrafted free agent on a 10 day contract. Also, can we stop putting Solo in the game? Oh, last thing. Who would have thunk playing super fast against the Warriors would lead to a blow out. If you were in the pace and space don’t resign Boogie camp, you are looking at your future. This team will never out pace and space GSW nor HOU
    In fairness to the people supporting us running this offense against Golden State, this is literally the exact same offense that let us sweep the 3 seed, win 9 in a row, and have the league's best offense during the first round. So it's not like it's a dud offense.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    If that's what you meant to say, fine. But in that case, its just a really stupid comment. They don't have to control every possession in order to dictate the game, and we all know that.
    It can't be a stupid question when people are answering to my question with a "yes, are you even watching the game?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Hows this phrasing for you:

The decisions of the referees have directly impacted every possession of the game, either by their direct inability to correctly call plays, or by the longer term lasting effects of those missed/wrong calls that occurred earlier, leading to players being forced into untenable positions by said officiating.

Got a problem with that formulation of the point?
    Nope, not at all. In fact, that's perfect.

GSW always lay first game haymakers it seems like. I'm not surprised.

way to show up jrue

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    way to show up jrue
    Jrue is playing hard .. nothing is falling for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    well yeah he always plays hard. can't argue with that. but he's been awful

KD throws it to pels for the easy fast break. warriors awarded 2 points

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    He's also being bumped around like a pin-ball, so there's that.

This is the most cancerous game thread all season.

Feels like I'm at TigerDroppings

Thread Information