Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 2 - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors- Game One

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Sure, but that's mental.

I meant what I asked : Literally, are they calling a foul on us on every possession? People are saying "yes, are you watching the game?" ...When clearly that isn't true. The refs are not calling a foul on us (thus, dictating the game) on every single possession.
    I don't think you are comprehending what I'm saying. They don't need to call a foul on every to play to dictate the game. Get all of our defenders in foul trouble and you effectively take them out of being able to aggressively close out or defend shots. You take them out of fighting for rebounds. You take them out of playing physical.

It's not mental. It's how the refs are calling it.

I'm really hoping we can add some guards with some length next season. We are just too small.

I love it. Aggressive attack the rim

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    It doesn't have to be literally EVERY play for it to be dictating the game. There's no doubt the refs have affected the way we're playing right now. They'll back off now because they accomplished what they wanted to, hesitation on our part.
    That's what I have been saying the WHOLE time.

I AGREED when people are saying the refs are part of the problem. But, it is not happening LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE POESSESION. That was my whole point.

People are acting like I am saying that "refs aren't dictating the game" or something...

warriors tried turning it over 4 times and got 3 points out of it

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We have to anticipate the double on AD every time he makes a move. They know he's vulnerable when he's attacking. AD needs it to. I wish AD would learn some better fakes. He always goes head strong to the rim. A Dream Shake or taking ugly shots without falling away from contact. Force them to call fouls.

How was that a foul on Jrue?????

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    oh come on they just called THAT on jrue??

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't think you are comprehending what I'm saying. They don't need to call a foul on every to play to dictate the game. Get all of our defenders in foul trouble and you effectively take them out of being able to aggressively close out or defend shots. You take them out of fighting for rebounds. You take them out of playing physical.

It's not mental. It's how the refs are calling it.
    Listen, I am not disagreeing when you're saying the refs are part of the problem, and thus dictating the game. I don't think you are comprehending what I am asking or what my point was:

All I asked was, and I meant it in literal terms: "Is it happening on every single possession?" and people giving me heat by answering, "yes, are you even watching the game?" --Which is absolutely not true. It clearly isn't on every single possession. People take what I ask, and spin it out of context. All I was trying to say is that the refs aren't calling it on every possession.
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 04-28-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Just outhustled time and time again

Green is going at Davis ... he needs to go right back at him . Right now green is out playing him in every way .
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

People are acting like I am saying that "refs aren't dictating the game" or something...
    That is LITERALLY WHAT YOU SAID

People are saying "yes, are you watching the game?" ...When clearly that isn't true. The refs are not calling a foul on us (thus, dictating the game) on every single possession.

Lol,they're about to foul all of our guys out bc why not right? I mean seriously this is what the nba wants?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I'm really hoping we can add some guards with some length next season. We are just too small.
    Jrue 4 fouls
    Clark 4 fouls
    Moore 4 fouls

Dictating the game on every single possession by calling a foul on us every time we are on defense is what I meant.

Which isn't true, because we are not fouling on every possession.

Dictating the game on every single possession by calling a foul on us every time we are on defense is what I meant.
    Stop. You're talking yourself in circles.

All I asked was, "are the refs calling a foul on us on every possession?"

I got: "Yes, are you even watching the game?"

end of story.
    Yeah, I was right. That is all you got from it.
    Basketball.

Lol showing Draymond defensive highlights and all but one were fouls

Haha. When someone gets that owned, can they be banned for a day or something?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

3rd quarter, and GSW is in the bonus in THREE minutes. How ridiculous is that?

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Haha. When someone gets that owned, can they be banned for a day or something?
    How did I get owned?

I literally just asked, "Are refs calling a foul on us on every possession?"

People are saying yes, which isn't true.

Davis is letting Green do whatever he wants

Throwing up bricks. This is hard to watch.

How did I get owned?

I literally just asked, "Are refs calling a foul on us on every possession?"

People are saying yes, which isn't true.
    I think he was referring to the bit where you literally said you didn't say the exact verbatim phrase that you did say.

This is what happens when you spend 13 mil on trash instead of getting useful pieces

Thread Information