Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fun stats from NBA.com about the Portland series.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    You gotta be kidding me. The GOAT of handles is God Shammgod. And no disrespect to Pete, but the caliber of athlete back then wasn't close to what it is now.
    Also, don't conflate athlete with handle. Every PG in the league right now may be a better athlete than Maravich- Ain't a one of em CLOSE as far as handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Lol. I hope you're kidding. if Not, then you can never be taken seriously again. The guy was a flash in the pan Eurasia journeyman. Hahahahahah. He played, what, maybe 3 yrs in the NBA, if that. You, as I said, if you are Not pulling legs, you have Never seen Maravich play . When I say play, I don't mean the 10 yrs of NBA games. I mean the clinics he put on in college. Sham wow was a poser. Obviously wasn't worth salt. God as my witness- I hope you're joking. Maravich, at that time was the only Caucasian ever to be asked to join the Harlem Globetrotters.
    SHAM couldn't hold Pistol's floppy socks

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    I could swear he never washed them.

I could swear he never washed them.
    I know, RIGHT, they did always look dirty. Nice clean uniform, DIRTY FLOPPY SOCKS ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Portland is wonderful. Fun Trivia. They weren't just Pels 1st sweep & 1st playoff win. They were also the schlep that was New Orleans 1st ever win. 1974-75. N.O. Started expansion season 0-11 & Maravich hit. 25 footer at the buzzer at Municipal Auditorium to beat Portland.

Portland is wonderful. Fun Trivia. They weren't just Pels 1st sweep & 1st playoff win. They were also the schlep that was New Orleans 1st ever win. 1974-75. N.O. Started expansion season 0-11 & Maravich hit. 25 footer at the buzzer at Municipal Auditorium to beat Portland.
    Wasn't at that one, but was in bar, heard on radio.

Lol. I hope you're kidding. if Not, then you can never be taken seriously again. The guy was a flash in the pan Eurasia journeyman. Hahahahahah. He played, what, maybe 3 yrs in the NBA, if that. You, as I said, if you are Not pulling legs, you have Never seen Maravich play . When I say play, I don't mean the 10 yrs of NBA games. I mean the clinics he put on in college. Sham wow was a poser. Obviously wasn't worth salt. God as my witness- I hope you're joking. Maravich, at that time was the only Caucasian ever to be asked to join the Harlem Globetrotters.
    Did you not see the part where someone said no one come close to Maravich's HANDLES? We are talking about handles right? Did you read that? If you comprehend that part then no I'm not joking.

If you mention ball handling skills to anyone who knows the game (something this board lacks severely), the first name out of their mouth will be Shammgod.

And did you really just use the Globetrotters as some kind of relevancy check for that? Did you really?
    Last edited by luckyman; 04-28-2018 at 10:51 PM.

Did you not see the part where someone said no one come close to Maravich's HANDLES? We are talking about handles right? Did you read that? If you comprehend that part then no I'm not joking.

If you mention ball handling skills to anyone who knows the game (something this board lacks severely), the first name out of their mouth will be Shammgod.

And did you really just use the Globetrotters as some kind of relevancy check for that? Did you really?
    Sorry guy, but you just can't be taken seriously. I'm assuming youre not old enough to actually know who or what Maravich did or was. But to compare an asphalt street dribbling champ to Maravich borders on insanity. Truly silly. Sham wow played 21 games in the NBA. If you are the greatest handle, well, just sayin. But, I feel comfortable saying - clueless you are! BTW- to be part of the Glodetrotters, you didn't have to be a great basketball player , but you did have to have great handle. BuT, you do have to be a great basketball player to be voted into GREATEST 50 players of all time. That was Maravich. Don't recall ShamWow anywhere ! I wait- he did have 17 total assist in 20 total games in his illustrious NBA career. Lolololol
    Last edited by Tinman; 04-28-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Sorry guy, but you just can't be taken seriously. I'm assuming youre not old enough to actually know who or what Maravich did or was. But to compare an asphalt street dribbling champ to Maravich borders on insanity. Truly silly. Sham wow played 21 games in the NBA. If you are the greatest handle, well, just sayin. But, I feel comfortable saying - clueless you are! BTW- to be part of the Glodetrotters, you didn't have to be a great basketball player , but you did have to have great handle. BuT, you do have to be a great basketball player to be voted into GREATEST 50 players of all time. That was Maravich. Don't recall ShamWow anywhere ! I wait- he did have 17 total assist in 20 total games in his illustrious NBA career. Lolololol
    You keep bringing in basketball stats when all we are talking about is ball handling skills. Not shooting. Not assists. Not how many NBA games somebody played. Strictly the ability to handle a basketball. Two players in two different eras I might add. One payed in an era when the NBA was probably at it's lowest point in skill level and popularity while the other came up in an opposite time. Then you flip and talk about someone belonging to the Globetrotters?

So how can I take you seriously? Well I can't and I shouldn't. And you talk as if Shammgod was just some worthless scrub. Things don't work out for many reasons other than being garbage, which he wasn't. Obviously you are clueless about the guy besides googling some nba reference stats.

Let's let actual NBA players tell it shall we?

You keep bringing in basketball stats when all we are talking about is ball handling skills. Not shooting. Not assists. Not how many NBA games somebody played. Strictly the ability to handle a basketball. Two players in two different eras I might add. One payed in an era when the NBA was probably at it's lowest point in skill level and popularity while the other came up in an opposite time. Then you flip and talk about someone belonging to the Globetrotters?

So how can I take you seriously? Well I can't and I shouldn't. And you talk as if Shammgod was just some worthless scrub. Things don't work out for many reasons other than being garbage, which he wasn't. Obviously you are clueless about the guy besides googling some nba reference stats.

Maybe you should find something with players that were actually ALIVE when Maravich played. ANYONE that actually SAW Maravich play knows the truth. Obviously, you're too young to know.

To show just how incomplete Sham wow is. All of the "Handles" in the NBA use his crossover technique. Which, axiomatically means it's now meh. While Maravich can & more than likely did perform sham wows well before ShamWow. I guarantee Maravich can do any dribbling/passing antic that sham wow performed & I also guarantee that sham wow probably can't or has never shown that he can perform 50% of Maravich's moves. Really man, this is a fruitless endeavor that you are embarking on.

To show just how incomplete Sham wow is. All of the "Handles" in the NBA use his crossover technique. Which, axiomatically means it's now meh. While Maravich can & more than likely did perform sham wows well before ShamWow. I guarantee Maravich can do any dribbling/passing antic that sham wow performed & I also guarantee that sham wow probably can't or has never shown that he can perform 50% of Maravich's moves. Really man, this is a fruitless endeavor that you are embarking on.
    How is it just now "meh" when those moves still have his name on it? That what it's called. Especially the one crossover done with one hand.

Frankly now you're just talking stupidly. Why would he not be able to do any of them? But if you have video of Maravich doing the "Shammgod" back in the 70s, feel free to show it.

Otherwise I'm done since this seems to be going into brain dead territory.

Here. Make sure to watch ALL of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Maybe you should find something with players that were actually ALIVE when Maravich played. ANYONE that actually SAW Maravich play knows the truth. Obviously, you're too young to know.
    ALL those players saw Maravich and so have I. The point of that video was to show God has respect in the NBA, whereas doody heads on here think the guy was some useless scrub.

Useless scrub or respected by ex-NBA players doesn't change the fact he wasn't better than Maravich.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Useless scrub or respected by ex-NBA players doesn't change the fact he wasn't better than Maravich.
    Again, we aren't talking about someone as a full NBA basketball players. We are talking ball handling. Why is that so difficult to understand?

On that note, thats your opinion. And thats all it is.
    Last edited by luckyman; 04-29-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Again, we aren't talking about someone as a full NBA basketball players. We are talking ball handling. Why is that so difficult to understand?

On that note, thats your opinion. And thats all it is.
    I'll clarify this: He wasn't better than Maravich AT BALL HANDLING.

Thread Information