Pelicans Report

Thread: Gentry's Option Was Picked Up For Next Year

Gentry's Option Was Picked Up For Next Year

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/9...766691842?s=19

We knew this was coming and it's the right move. Interesting to note that the option was picked up prior to the sweep. I think most of us had the feeling if we made the playoffs they'd bring him back, this shows that's exactly what happened.

Something to keep in mind is this still doesn't tie us up long term with him since it was a 1 year option. I think the team knew though how important it was to have consistency in place when resigning Cousins.

I heard today that the Pels finished the season on a 28-8 run. No shock that the option was picked up before the playoffs. the team has found its groove, and it would be crazy to let him go after this season.

He deserves a 2-3 year extension and not be a lame duck coach. I think he gets that extension before next season starts.

He deserves it. I've had as many doubts at times as anyone else but he's shut me up and produced results.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He deserves it. I've had as many doubts at times as anyone else but he's shut me up and produced results.
    Same here. And with the sweep he might deserve am extension. Make a series of it or winNing the next series might mean long term job security...

Makes sense. See if he can replicate his success.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I heard today that the Pels finished the season on a 28-8 run. No shock that the option was picked up before the playoffs. the team has found its groove, and it would be crazy to let him go after this season.
    When Cousins went down we were 27-21, then lost 4 of 5, putting us at 28-26. So we finished 20-8 in the last 28 games (48-34). If you include playoffs we've won 24 of our last 32, or a .750 pct. That would be roughly a 61 win full season. I can live with that.

Well deserved for him. He proved me wrong. Now the front office just needs to continue to get him more pieces to fit his system especially at the SF position.

This dude drove me absolutely NUTS in 2017, but in 2018 he redeemed himself lol. He shut me up too.
    RIP FlyGirl

Yo, Gentry is 63?

He looks like he might be 50 or so, damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yo, Gentry is 63?

He looks like he might be 50 or so, damn.
    Yeah he’s up there. Black don’t crack. Lol.

Good move imo. Happy for Gentry. So far, he's weathered the storm.

Did we forget the new assistants that helped?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    When Cousins went down we were 27-21, then lost 4 of 5, putting us at 28-26. So we finished 20-8 in the last 28 games (48-34). If you include playoffs we've won 24 of our last 32, or a .750 pct. That would be roughly a 61 win full season. I can live with that.
    My bad maybe they said we won 20 of 28... I knew I heard 20 and 8 so hell I put it all together I guess.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    It's so funny. At the beginning of the season, I was calling for his head. Now I'm thrilled his option was picked up. Crazy what success can do lmao.

Thread Information