Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Non-Rondo Post: AD to Celtics Talk-Over/Boogie Not Resigning Talk-Just Heating Up

Non-Rondo Post: AD to Celtics Talk-Over/Boogie Not Resigning Talk-Just Heating Up

Have already heard three different national talking heads mention 'where will Boogie be next season?', as well as a few opinion pieces. Although one did say a 'source' told him that Demarcus was very happy with being a Pelican.

I don't know much, but I do know having Boogie gives us more options and looks on the court. Quite frankly, an AD, Jrue, Rondo (had to mention his name), Niko and Boogie sounds as formidable as any in the entire league.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

This is the type of stuff that Portland message boards should be having, atm.....not us.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Please dont do this

Cousins is all in here. Especially after he just saw his team sweep a playoff series. He has to be salivating at the chance to come back and be that player that can take us to the next level.

The bigger, more interesting question, is if the Thunder lose in the first round, can you get Paul George? You know Rondo and Cousins could make the hard sell.

Because you get that commitment and Demps will move heaven and Earth to make it happen.

And tbh, we have to be about as intriguing as anyone to George. Rondo, Jrue, George, AD, Cousins is as good a starting five as any lineup in the league. As good as anything he can realistically add himself to in FA. And it would immediately vault the Pels into the tier 1 of title contenders.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I think it’s pretty much a given that Boogie will return. I’m more worried about Rondo. We signed him for 1 year at 3.3 million, it’s pretty obvious he outplayed his contract. I’d expect other teams to offer him more money when he becomes a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    This is the type of stuff that Portland message boards should be having, atm.....not us.
    I totally agree, just when will the insanity stop? I love Boogie, maybe even more than Rondo, but instead of focusing on our dominating playoff stomp, we get the 'well, but what about Boogie'. Maybe I'm just a bit sensative to the anti-small market machine that runs all day and night.

But I am with you about letting other people worry about what they are going to do for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Cousins is all in here. Especially after he just saw his team sweep a playoff series. He has to be salivating at the chance to come back and be that player that can take us to the next level.

The bigger, more interesting question, is if the Thunder lose in the first round, can you get Paul George? You know Rondo and Cousins could make the hard sell.

Because you get that commitment and Demps will move heaven and Earth to make it happen.

And tbh, we have to be about as intriguing as anyone to George. Rondo, Jrue, George, AD, Cousins is as good a starting five as any lineup in the league. As good as anything he can realistically add himself to in FA. And it would immediately vault the Pels into the tier 1 of title contenders.
    Is it even possible, salary-wise? I'm honestly asking, I don't understand the absurdities of the NBA salary cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These multiple sources, are they from the 20 plus so called experts that picked Portland in round 1. First, No one can pay Boogie more then us. Second, his family/mom is from MOBILE. Which is less then 2 hours away. Third, He is a loyal guy, loves that we went after him and he actually played a large part in getting Rondo and Clark here. Finally, and most important, NO TEAM CAN PAY HIM MORE THE US.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints#34 View Post
    Is it even possible, salary-wise? I'm honestly asking, I don't understand the absurdities of the NBA salary cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Getting PG is tough, OKC has his bird rights, which means they can offer max with extra year. Just like we can with Boogie. However; the door may have a little crack for KL trade this summer. Who knows, look at last summer moves and the Asik for Nico. Anything can happen

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Getting PG is tough, OKC has his bird rights, which means they can offer max with extra year. Just like we can with Boogie. However; the door may have a little crack for KL trade this summer. Who knows, look at last summer moves and the Asik for Nico. Anything can happen
    Everything I here is that PG wants out of OKC and away from Westbrook. So maybe it's just the point of the Pels deciding how far they're willing to go to get him if there's interest.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAdmiral View Post
    Everything I here is that PG wants out of OKC and away from Westbrook. So maybe it's just the point of the Pels deciding how far they're willing to go to get him if there's interest.
    Add PG somehow and its all over

Resign Boogie, resign Clark, resign Rondo, ship off Hill/Ajinca/Diallo+1st Rounder, get PG13, win chips on chips on chips. Sounds fun.
    Basketball.

2019 eastern conf all stars vs pels.

2019 eastern conf all stars vs pels.
    Why not, it's basically been eastern conf all stars vs Warriors for the last two years

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Why not, it's basically been eastern conf all stars vs Warriors for the last two years
    works for me

It’s crazy to think but Indiana won that Paul George trade. Oladipo has certainly brought more value to his team than PG13 brought to OKC, but then again George is playing with Westbrook, and that dude is a stat padder to the ultimate degree.

As for Boogie leaving, forget about it.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    And apparently PG is really good friends with Boogie. I hope he gets on that recruitment trail. If PG is smart, we're high on his list. But so is Philly.

Him going to Philly would put them over the top. They are already on a collision course with the best teams in the East, adding PG13 would just trunpnit all.

Really makes you wonder if anyone’s will be picking up the phone to call Sam Hinkie and let him run their shop again. All of Philadelphia’s success is tied directly to him.

Quote Originally Posted by SAINTS26 View Post
    Please dont do this
    This! Boogie isn’t going anywhere neither is AD. Let’s not go there again with this fake news!

Basketball Guru
    The talks about pg is that he wants to be the man on a team...wants to be the man in Los Angeles maybe.....

Pg is seen as the second option in OKC and was not happy with the number of shots he was getting earlier this season..

Pg coming to the pelicans would be what scoring option? Would he check his ego for a chance to win titles as the 3rd option or avg. Say 17-19pts a game? Not being the main star?....IMO the question for pg is do he want to win rings on a team or by himself..........if it's win rings and knock gs of the throne then come to new Orleans.....if it's to be the man and be satisfied with that then go to the home team los Angeles......

LA has a strong nucleus, so I wouldn’t completely write off his chance to win a title (before he retired) in LA. Coming here though he would be much closer to winning a title.

That said, the opportunity to play near home, and make a ton of cash is very exciting. Cash is cash, but where your heart is makes all the difference. I work in Houston for a large investment bank, and the cash is great, but it’s not New Orleans, and given the opportunity I would move back home in a heartbeat because it’s home. I wouldn’t say PG13 going to LA isn’t completely money driven, the guy just wants to be close to home.

I still believe that a deal for KL is more likely than PG coming here

I still believe that a deal for KL is more likely than PG coming here
    I don't see SA working too hard to send KL to a division rival. I bet they'd take less just to move him to the east.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I don't see SA working too hard to send KL to a division rival. I bet they'd take less just to move him to the east.
    KL holds all the cards. if they send anywhere it is strickley a 1 yr rental. So it has to be somewhere he wants plus value of course. LAKERS are an option, but I think we might be more to his liking with our core and maybe because we are a div rival.

Paul George is going to the Lakers. Lebron James is going to the Rockets. Kawhi Leonard is going to the Lakers in a trade centered around Brandon Ingram that could include Kuzma or Ball. The West is going to get tougher next year. I don't think we need another super star to win a championship. IMO we need to find another Jrue and we can be a serious threat. Even a Mirotic caliber player could really elevate this team to another level. A Kris Middleton or Harrison Barnes type wing is what this team needs. My dream player is still Devin Booker and if the Suns don't get their ish together that my become a possibility. Maybe Damian Lillard pulls a Durant and says if you can't beat them.. join them!! All I know is the future is bright! Sure is nice to be 1 stud piece away and we are right there..
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-24-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Thread Information