Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If Golden State wins Sunday when does our series start?

If Golden State wins Sunday when does our series start?

If Golden State wins Sunday when does our series start?

I heard someone say it could start April 28. Have not seen anything official anywhere.

Yeah. I didn't realize it was flexible. To be fair, this is only our second time this far.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Would it be better for the Spurs to steal one tonight and let the Pels rest longer, or start the series earlier to increase likely # of games Curry is out?
    asdfghjkl;'

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Matrix View Post
    Would it be better for the Spurs to steal one tonight and let the Pels rest longer, or start the series earlier to increase likely # of games Curry is out?
    The latter option. I want as many games without curry as possible
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    The latter option. I want as many games without curry as possible
    I think the series with GS starts next weekend so even if San Antonio wins tonight they would play Game 5 like Tuesday or Wednesday and GS would win so i think it won't change anything if the series really start next weekend.

Just something to keep in mind for down the line, The Rockets swept the Jazz 4-0 during the regular season, while going 1-2 vs the Thunder. Probably would be in the Pels best interests to see the Thunder win that series. Not only do we match up better with OKC than the Jazz, there would be a chance that OKC could knock off the Rockets. Obviously, its all moot if we don't beat the Warriors, but its fun to speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Just something to keep in mind for down the line, The Rockets swept the Jazz 4-0 during the regular season, while going 1-2 vs the Thunder. Probably would be in the Pels best interests to see the Thunder win that series. Not only do we match up better with OKC than the Jazz, there would be a chance that OKC could knock off the Rockets. Obviously, its all moot if we don't beat the Warriors, but its fun to speculate.
    only reason to root for okc to lose to jazz is the 1% chance paul george pulls a cp3 and does a sign and trade to the pels

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    only reason to root for okc to lose to jazz is the 1% chance paul george pulls a cp3 and does a sign and trade to the pels
    I could dig it

I think a few days rest will be fine, we are playing too good and agree, if we can play them without curry one game and rusty in game 2, I would take that.

anyone else watching the warriors throw this game to extend this series so that curry gets more time to rest before pels?

I don't think the start time of our series would be affected if the Warriors had to play a game 5

People, Curry will not be our biggest obstacle. It's the zebras. If we get equal calls, we are the better team.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    People, Curry will not be our biggest obstacle. It's the zebras. If we get equal calls, we are the better team.
    Kind of feeling that NBA are going to do what's for their best interest and push for a GSW vs. HOU conference Finals.

anyone else watching the warriors throw this game to extend this series so that curry gets more time to rest before pels?
    I was thinking the same thing
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Kind of feeling that NBA are going to do what's for their best interest and push for a GSW vs. HOU conference Finals.
    I agree, we have a difficult task going forward, but hey, take a look back at the PORTLAND road games. We beat all 7 of them there. If we play D like first round, just remember what Sean Payton said: "It's like the Pelicans have 6 guys on the court."

If Playoff Rondo continues, who has us winning the series?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If Playoff Rondo continues, who has us winning the series?
    Just Playoff Rondo? not enough. Playoff pels team in 6
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 04-22-2018 at 06:47 PM. Reason: spell

From listening to sports radio, this week, I'd make the argument that the Pels are more compelling than GSW, right now.

Yeah. I could be biased. But the more teams that seem like they can win, the better the NBA looks. The Pels seem to be a team everyone is slightly pulling for. The Cinderella. More likeable than Houston. GSW could lose to the Pels and come back next year with the same clout. The further we go, the more the average Joe stays tuned in.

It's like the NCAA tournament. I stop paying attention once the Cinderellas are out.

But will the NBA realize that? Probably not.

To prove my point, look at how great the NBA regular season was with more teams in the hunt.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 04-22-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    From listening to sports radio, this week, I'd make the argument that the Pels are more compelling than GSW, right now.

Yeah. I could be biased. But the more teams that seem like they can win, the better the NBA looks. The Pels seem to be a team everyone is slightly pulling for. The Cinderella. More likeable than Houston. GSW could lose to the Pels and come back next year with the same clout. The further we go, the more the average Joe stays tuned in.

It's like the NCAA tournament. I stop paying attention once the Cinderellas are out.

But will the NBA realize that? Probably not.

To prove my point, look at how great the NBA regular season was with more teams in the hunt.
    Yea sounds nice but I have to see it to believe it

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    The warriors tried to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter actually. The semifinals will only move up by 2 days I think, so no matter what we'll play them at the same designated date. The only difference would be how much rest they get in between, which would behoove them to actually end it quickly I think.

“I think Pelicans would have a decent chance of pushing it to seven if Curry missed all the games, by that point he'd probably start playing though,” one fan commented on social media site Reddit.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othe...-news-playoffs
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

I teach in SoCal and I can tell you that many students of mine who are die-hard Warriors fans were rooting for the Pels. Even knowing that they were going to be a tough out if they played Golden State. I drew a picture of a broom on the chalkboard with R.I.P. City underneath it while they were taking their reading quiz last Thursday (just before game 3) and they loved that ****.

California has a real basketball culture. Some of these youngsters have been following Boogie since he was at Kentucky and not just at Sacramento. If the Pelicans beat the Warriors they will absolutely be rooting for the Pels to take out Houston.

To me that is absolutely in the best interests of the NBA.

I can second that California has a great basketball culture, their colleges can’t keep them in state for some odd reason, but Cali is full of basketball fanatics and players.

Thread Information