Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: If Golden State wins Sunday when does our series start?

If I'm the Pels, I would seriously pull Darius Miller, Moore, and Hill to the side and have a talk with them to express how much we need them to not only show up, but to really ball out this series in order for us to win against that team. Be confident in your 3's, but when you can, I'd much rather them drive to the rim and get fouled.
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 04-25-2018 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    If I'm the Pels, I would seriously pull Darius Miller, Moore, and Hill to the side and have a talk with them to express how much we need them to not only show up, but to really ball out this series in order for us to win against that team. Be confident in your 3's, but when you can, I'd much rather them drive to the rim and get fouled.
    Miller and Moore have no chance of drawing fouls in the post season if they could barely manage it in the regular season. Hill seems to be able to draw fouls some times

As much as I love Miller, his personal game plan ain’t changing. It’s either shoot the 3 or don’t.
    RIP FlyGirl

If we protect the 3pt line like we did last series, I'll be happy with any outcome. We played them well last time even though we were swept. The difference is the amount of extra points they get on open 3s. Cut that below their average, and we win some games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    As much as I love Miller, his personal game plan ain’t changing. It’s either shoot the 3 or don’t.
    Thing is, I think Miller actually has the chance to draw fouls if he really tried to get to the basket. Which should be a lot easier than most players since all defenders bite on his pump fake giving him a window/opening. Plus he has a decent wingspan at 6'9. Too bad he gets scared ****less at the first sign of a secondary defender and gives up and looks to pass.

I really like his passing, but his lack of will to really get to the rack annoys the hell out of me
    Last edited by AusPel; 04-25-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Thing is, I think Miller actually has the chance to draw fouls if he really tried to get to the basket. Which should be a lot easier than most players since all defenders bite on his pump fake giving him a window/opening. Plus he has a decent wingspan at 6'9. Too bad he gets scared ****less at the first sign of a secondary defender and gives up and looks to pass.

I really like his passing, but his lack of will to really get to the rack annoys the hell out of me
    You hit the nail on the head. He needs to be fearless and attack the basket.

Agreed. I hope it's something he'll develop. It IS his first year back in the NBA. That's got to be a confidence thing.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Now, I don't pay attention to TV 'analysts' and neither should you. But I've got to admit, seeing Max Kellerman on First Take say that, if Steph doesn't come back, he favours the Pelicans over Golden State?

That's nice to hear.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Now, I don't pay attention to TV 'analysts' and neither should you. But I've got to admit, seeing Max Kellerman on First Take say that, if Steph doesn't come back, he favours the Pelicans over Golden State?

That's nice to hear.
    I thought the same thing!

I took a few minutes to review the four regular season games we played against GSW.

We played 3 of the first four games in the first 24 games of the season, so its fair to say we're not the same team we were then.

First thing that stuck out to me was, we were tied or ahead at halftime in every game, and lost every 3rd quarter.
    Game 1: 64-61 lead, lost 3rd qtr by 11, lost game by 8
    Game 2: Tied at 53, lost 3rd qtr by 9, lost game by 15
    Game 3: 69-49 lead, lost 3rd qtr by 17, lost game by 10
    Game 4: 67-65 lead, lost 3rd qtr by 6, won game by 6

Other than Curry not playing in game 4, GSW was healthy for every game, and they had no major roster changes over the course of the season. We played without Nico in the first two, and without Nico or AD in game 3, and no Cousins in game 4

Only in game 3 did the Warriors shoot lights out, over 50% FG, and 48% from 3PT

Turnovers were the difference. Game 1 we had 17 to their 18, Game 2 we had 17 to only 9 for them, Game 3 we had 21 to their 16, and Game 4, we only had 8 to their 17.

TL;DR: If we can limit turnovers and handle their halftime adjustments, I honestly believe we have a chance in this series, especially how we're playing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Pels in 6

Thread Information