Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans VS Portland Trailblazers - Game Four

Dude. Pels get your head in the game. These turnovers are killing us.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    stupid fight.:\
    It's pretty pathetic. I know that Portland is mad because they're being treated like a college team, but McCollum committing flagrants? I don't mind Moore getting mad over that. I'd be mad too.
    Basketball.

Cj should be tossed for that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's pretty pathetic. I know that Portland is mad because they're being treated like a college team, but McCollum committing flagrants? I don't mind Moore getting mad over that. I'd be mad too.
    Yeah it looked more definitive after the replay.

If they don't call that a flagrant on McCollum, they're opening to door for worse.

Moore responsible for a quick 4 points.

Might have to put Okafor in at some point just to lay someone out

Hill is trying to do some damage. I like it.

Nurkic lowers the shoulder on Mirotic.

No call.

Rondo has 9 assists already.

Lol another scuffle!

This is getting VERY chippy

Rondo PLEASE sit down

double tech rondo and collins

there's a "Let's Go Rondo!" chant going.

Dude Collins should be kicked. He hit Jrue in the face. No way is that a double tech.

Portland better chill out before we get Boogie out there to beat them with one of his crutches

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Dude Collins should be kicked. He hit Jrue in the face. No way is that a double tech.
    Agreed. These refs are pretty close to oblivious.

That is such crap they're letting these guys get away with walking and going after guys heads what a joke Portland

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

A Pels 2 point lead going into the half. I am happy with that.

Turnovers are keeping this game closer than it needs to be. Gotta sort that out in the second half. Big shot disparity between the two teams.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

The refs have to take control of this game. Portland is going to continue to keep taking cheap shots and these double technical fouls are a cop out.

A player needs to be kicked so it sends a message. They don't care because they are going home. We have another series to play and someone is going to get injured because Portland is a cry baby.

The refs have to take control of this game. Portland is going to continue to keep taking cheap shots and these double technical fouls are a cop out.

A player needs to be kicked so it sends a message. They don't care because they are going home. We have another series to play and someone is going to get injured because Portland is a cry baby.
    Double techs are the worst.

Basically this. If the refs don't do something, someone's going to end up hurt, because why should Portland care? They've all got flights to vineyards in Paris booked for Monday.

IM so pissed the he way this game is being called!! that last play before half should have been a flagerant on collins and a T on the push after the play! rondo didn’t even touch anyone, but yet they call it anyway! these refs need to go the hell home and bring in others!

Also if we clean up our TOs in the second half we will be golden! Have to play smart and hard not loose and dumb! get into your opponents head without losing your head!

There's a legit argument that two Blazers should have been kicked already. McCollum wrapped Moore up around the throat (flagrant) and then when Moore retaliated (tech), he got into it too. A flagrant followed immediately by (what should have been) another tech is grounds for kicking.

Then, end of the second quarter, Collins mauls Jrue by wrapping him up around the throat (should have been flagrant again), and then when Rondo swiped at his hand he shoved him (technical), which again gives the flagrant+immediate tech. That's grounds again for kicking.

So two Portland players arguably should have been kicked already. Instead, the result is a full round of useless double techs and one flagrant.

Yay NBA refs.

Thread Information