Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans VS Portland Trailblazers - Game Four

I'm just glad we got this series behind us. Now we can sit back and prepare for the next series while everyone gets some much needed rest.

I don’t think the reality of today has truly set in with me yet. We made history. I was in the Blender to witness it. So happy. But haven’t soaked it in just yet. I only wish FlyGirl were able to experience it with me!
    RIP FlyGirl

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Indeed. You know she'd be in that number.

But we gotta absolutely enjoy this. The biggest thing about this sweep is the valuable rest time this will give AD and Mirotic. They've been banged up and kinda worn out. What could amount to a week or so before we play Golden State? That'd be heaven sent.

I just hope that our home games don’t fall when I’m out of town. Or I’ll be beyond bummed.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I'm so pumped up. We all witnessed history folks.

I'm happy we get to rest up AD and Niko, however I'm worried about rust. It's gonna put a halt to all the momentum we created.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    I always liked AFA. Wish we could have him. If we traded him straight up for Hill, my boi AusPel would just be too sad and depressed, though. So I hope we never do it.
    Hahahaha

Western Conference Semi Finals here come the Pelicans! Yeah Baby!

Solomon Hill gave the team good minutes off the bench. If he keeps rounding into form, he may be the 5th guy in the next series with our big 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I'm so pumped up. We all witnessed history folks.

I'm happy we get to rest up AD and Niko, however I'm worried about rust. It's gonna put a halt to all the momentum we created.
    Yes, me. We are playing incredibly now. A week off could kill that momentum.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

it's now been more than 24 hours since the Pelicans closed out the sweep

still amazing the Pelicans are the only team so far through to the West Semis
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    it's now been more than 24 hours since the Pelicans closed out the sweep

still amazing the Pelicans are the only team so far in the NBA through to the Semis
    FIFY

First time poster, long time lurker (about 2 years). Beyond pumped about this series and decided that it's time to join the fun! I guess that makes me an official bandwagoner, but so be it!

If we can take one of the first 2 road games (assuming we play GS) in the next series then I think we can legitimately move past them into the WCF. We are playing better defense than anyone in the playoffs right now, and we have three legit scoring options in AD, Jrue, and 3ko that can get 30 any night.

Sorry for coming late to the party, but I promise I'm up to date with the current squad. Being able to get that Fox app on my Xbox has let me watch about 80% of the games over the past two years, and this is the best I have seen the Pels play. I'm excited; FLOCK UP!

(P.S. I've posted as Sumdude34 on Saintsreport since '08 just incase anyone is active over there as well)

Do you pronounce that like "Add at" or actually say the letter A D A and T?

And yes, it matters.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    First time poster, long time lurker (about 2 years). Beyond pumped about this series and decided that it's time to join the fun! I guess that makes me an official bandwagoner, but so be it!

If we can take one of the first 2 road games (assuming we play GS) in the next series then I think we can legitimately move past them into the WCF. We are playing better defense than anyone in the playoffs right now, and we have three legit scoring options in AD, Jrue, and 3ko that can get 30 any night.

Sorry for coming late to the party, but I promise I'm up to date with the current squad. Being able to get that Fox app on my Xbox has let me watch about 80% of the games over the past two years, and this is the best I have seen the Pels play. I'm excited; FLOCK UP!

(P.S. I've posted as Sumdude34 on Saintsreport since '08 just incase anyone is active over there as well)
    Welcome! This bandwagon getting t h i c c

And yes, it matters.
    It's gotta be add-at, surely?
    Basketball.

And yes, it matters.
    I'm a bit of a StarWars nerd so I was referencing the AT-AT walkers from the original trilogy. So I guess it's pronunciation would be A.D.A.T. Each letter individually. I apologize in advance for any disappointment that this causes.

Edit: In StarWars. AT-AT stands for All Terrain Armored Transport. So I guess my name stands for Anthony Davis Armored Transport. Make of that what you will.
    Last edited by AD-AT; 04-23-2018 at 04:30 PM.

I'm a bit of a StarWars nerd so I was referencing the AT-AT walkers from the original trilogy. So I guess it's pronunciation would be A.D.A.T. Each letter individually. I apologize in advance for any disappointment that this causes.

Edit: In StarWars. AT-AT stands for All Terrain Armored Transport. So I guess my name stands for Anthony Davis Armored Transport. Make of that what you will.
    I got the Star Wars reference, but everybody I know refers to it as an At-At, rather than an A.T.A.T.

I respect you doing it differently, but I know what I'm about

Welcome!! Always nice to have some fresh blood on the site!! Don't let the ego maniacs shy you away from posting and giving your opinion.. Well you have been on Saints Report so you know lol!! We need more "band wagoners" to join the fun!! Flock up!!

Thread Information