Pelicans Report

Thread: Rondo...Coach Whisperer

Rondo...Coach Whisperer

It's killing me because I can't find the video replay of AD's last ally-oop dunk from Jrue, but almost immediately the camera flashed to the sidelines, crowd going wild, and a calm Rondo whispers something to Alvin who quickly summons Chieck off the bench and then Rondo tells Jrue to intentionally foul to get them out.

Amazing watching an artist master his craft. The Rondo/Drew comparisons are spot on. It is an art.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Basketball Guru
    Yes that did happen....I watched the reply of the game and it kinda blow my mind that rondo was telling gentry to get ad out..in my mind telling gentry to get him out before he get hurt....then telling jrue to foul and come out....

I understand gentry because our backups that came in are garbage and has to play better.....I think gentry was upset at diallo then took him out of the game and as diallo was about to sit down,,rondo told gentry to get ad out and gentry summoned diallo to go to the table to get back in if I'm remembering it right....

I am sure Drew tells Sean what to run half the plays also. Heck, we were all caught up in our emotions at the time. Alvin is a human too. He must feel great right now and glad he's got the 'Force' on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    Yes that did happen....I watched the reply of the game and it kinda blow my mind that rondo was telling gentry to get ad out..in my mind telling gentry to get him out before he get hurt....then telling jrue to foul and come out....

I understand gentry because our backups that came in are garbage and has to play better.....I think gentry was upset at diallo then took him out of the game and as diallo was about to sit down,,rondo told gentry to get ad out and gentry summoned diallo to go to the table to get back in if I'm remembering it right....
    When Diallo came out, he was trying to sit down and AD wouldn’t let him. Even sitting far away, it looked like Diallo was really down on himself for blowing his assignment. AD was playing the big brother role and probably telling him it’s okay and to get his head back in the game. Diallo never made it to the seat. That’s when he went right back into the game. I didn’t take my eyes off of them until the exchange was over.
    RIP FlyGirl

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Diallo will mess up. But they gotta keep telling him he belongs here. He won’t acclimate on the bench though. Not in the big lights. This will be such a big learning moment for Diallo. Summer League will be nothing to him.

Thread Information