Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Assuming we face GSW soon

Basketball Guru
    The gs/pels game would be next Saturday or Sunday I think so I expect both teams to end their series this weekend so they can have 5 or 6 days of rest and heal up....so there should be no excuses from either team about injuries with curry or not in the outcome of this series......

I'm glad that my wish has come through about getting a pelicans game and going to jazz fest all on the same day......go pels....

Talking about this before we wrapped up the series didn't jinx us? But but.....
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Be. Lee than happy to see Curry out a fame of two. But if we guard the 3 pat line like we did this series I feel optimistic.

I wouldn't put it past gsw to lose on purpose tomorrow. Anything to delay that game 1 and get Curry ready from the start.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I wouldn't put it past gsw to lose on purpose tomorrow. Anything to delay that game 1 and get Curry ready from the start.
    Nah... every extra minute Draymond, Klay, or KD plays is another chance for one of them to get hurt in addition to Curry. They already got scared to death when KD rolled his ankle. They'll try to end it tomorrow.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Assuming we face GSW soon

How will we beat GSW? I think there are many things that have to happen for us to win the series.

We have to put Jrue on Thompson and play suffocating defense. Be very physical with him and try to get Thompson in foul trouble early. Limit his shots altogether. When Durant brings the ball down the court I think Rondo and Niko need to start defending him as soon as he steps over the half court line. It has to be extremely abrupt and aggressive. Double team Durant and Klay as much as possible. Create turnovers. Draymond is less of an offensive threat so it’s worth the risk to double team Durant and Thompson especially if it disrupts their offense.

Jrue and AD have to get to the line early and often. Last time we played them we got to the line a good bit. Jrue can score on any of them...

We will need our bench to play well for this series... Hill, Clark, Miller and Diallo have to contribute. If we get good production from the bench guys and Rondo and AD explodes we can beat them. We play a very fast pace. Let’s play aggressive smart basketball for 48 minutes. I think people are sleeping on us... let’s get game 1. Also, be VERY physical with curry when he returns and get under Draymond’s skin as much as possible because when he gets rattled he self implodes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We beat GS if Niko averages 16/8 and AD and Jrue do AD and Jrue things.

Either way I expect 6 or 7 games

Thread Information