Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans VS Portland Trailblazers - Game Three

Yeah.

Being as how this is a message board and....going out on a huge limb here....what we discuss won't really impact the game at all.....you know....more assumptions but I don't play for the team.....guessing you peeps don't either.....so....yeah.....let's talk Warriors. Because that's just silly.

Who guards KD?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Basketball Guru
    Last night was personal for them boys,,,alot of passion....the defense just straight armed rob Portland last night...them boys were diving on the floor and jacking Portland lol.......gotta give credit to the coaches for coming up with that defensive game plan and players for executing it...........only down side is our bench is garbage.....maybe it's nerves but I expect them to play better against gs..

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Yeah.

Being as how this is a message board and....going out on a huge limb here....what we discuss won't really impact the game at all.....you know....more assumptions but I don't play for the team.....guessing you peeps don't either.....so....yeah.....let's talk Warriors. Because that's just silly.

Who guards KD?
    This may sound weird, but I wanna try Rondo on KD at least a little bit.

KD has always struggled with short defenders with length, and that low centre of gravity that lets them stay grounded ahead of him. Fast hands and reach. I could be entirely wrong, but I'd like to see that for a possession or two.
    Basketball.

The only answer I got for KD is Mir. And that is only Curry is out or slow down from his injury.
    Last edited by Taker597; 04-20-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Basketball Guru
    We played gs good in every game..okay was the one that got hot at some point in those games and did us in......if we can keep okay in check and hope cook or someone else don't go crazy from the 3pt line,,,we win this series quick....

Keep in mind in the past we have asked Jrue to guard KD.

Now that Hill is back from injury he will probably be asked to guard him some of the minutes.

We have no one that can match up to KD just like they have no one that matches up to AD.

We won live or die by KD, it will be how we limit the rest of the team.

Jrue wil see minutes against KD

It was fantasic at the arena. Tried to tape it on NBATV to see how it looked on TV, but got home to see that NBATV blacked it out in the New Orleans area on Cox.

It was stellar, man. Maybe I'm biased but I haven't seen a non finals game as raucous as that. I'm legit jealous of anyone at that game.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    It was stellar, man. Maybe I'm biased but I haven't seen a non finals game as raucous as that. I'm legit jealous of anyone at that game.
    Same. Do it all again tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    It was fantasic at the arena. Tried to tape it on NBATV to see how it looked on TV, but got home to see that NBATV blacked it out in the New Orleans area on Cox.
    It was on FSNO with Joel and David as well.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It was on FSNO with Joel and David as well.
    Did you happen to tape it?

Gotta start with Moore, and give him the Dame treatment, run 2 at him and let "not Klay" shoot. Finish the game with Jrue or Rondo on him.

I just finished watching this game for a 2nd time.

It's never going to get old. What an absolutely beautiful game. I don't think I've ever seen a better played and coached Hornets / Pel game.

This wasn't the typical blow out game where one team is ice cold and the other is fire hot. This blow out was build on the backs of our defense that was just absolutely swarming all game. We have NEVER played as good of defense as we did in this game. Lillard and CJ were just rattled the entire game.

For anyone who finds defense "boring" they just need to watch this game. So much offense created by defense, it was amazing.

The crowd was also crazy. Listening to them in the background all game was awesome. Right before they pulled AD from the game everyone was going wild and the song they had playing was perfect. It had my blood pumping watching the replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I just finished watching this game for a 2nd time.

It's never going to get old. What an absolutely beautiful game. I don't think I've ever seen a better played and coached Hornets / Pel game.

This wasn't the typical blow out game where one team is ice cold and the other is fire hot. This blow out was build on the backs of our defense that was just absolutely swarming all game. We have NEVER played as good of defense as we did in this game. Lillard and CJ were just rattled the entire game.

For anyone who finds defense "boring" they just need to watch this game. So much offense created by defense, it was amazing.

The crowd was also crazy. Listening to them in the background all game was awesome. Right before they pulled AD from the game everyone was going wild and the song they had playing was perfect. It had my blood pumping watching the replay.
    There's a reason that the guys on the Bird Writes podcast put it up as one of the top 3 Pelicans games of all time. It was magnificent.

Thread Information