Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans VS Portland Trailblazers - Game Three

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Then next stop, NBA Finals
    Maybe, we did play them pretty close all season, our defense is way better, AD is the best player in that series and Jrue can put clamps on God himself so Harden wouldn't be too big an ask.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Ive never seen the Pels defense this good. Active and playing hard. So wish we were playing GSW b/c we would give them a run for their money right now.
    You won't have to wait long

Put aside “Playoff Rondo” for a second, what about Playoff Erman?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Put aside “Playoff Rondo” for a second, what about Playoff Erman?
    What about Playoff Errrbody

Love seeing analysts write about how we're playing right now and show how completely ignorant they are/were.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/19/1...ffs-2018-sweep

From this article: ''No one, not even the most devout fans, expected the Pelicans to lead 3-0 in the first round.''

Wrong. I expected us to win in 4, possible 5 if they managed to take one game from us at home, but probably 4. I know I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Love seeing analysts write about how we're playing right now and show how completely ignorant they are/were.

From this article: ''No one, not even the most devout fans, expected the Pelicans to lead 3-0 in the first round.''

Wrong. I expected us to win in 4, possible 5 if they managed to take one game from us at home, but probably 4. I know I'm not the only one.
    In 4, really? Ballsy. I had us in 6, thought that was more realistic. I knew we'd get it done at home, but not game 4

News on Curry:

Stephen Curry is still not close to returning from his sprained MCL.

Curry isn't in the final stages of his rehabilitation and will be evaluated again on Friday.

Curry is expected to take the full six weeks of his 4-6 week timeline.

The injury Curry suffered this year was more severe than the one he suffered in 2016.

A six-week recovery would put Curry back for May 4th, which means he could be ready for Game 3 of the second round should the Warriors advance.

In 4, really? Ballsy. I had us in 6, thought that was more realistic.

News on Curry:
    I'm pretty sure my official prediction prior to the playoffs was 5, but after the game one win I've been telling everybody who will listen to me rant that it's a sweep.

Also, glad to hear about the Curry news. Hopefully we can have taken at least one game by then, especially if Durant/Livingstone find themselves out for a game or two.

Let’s not talk about the warriors guys. We still have to beat the blazers on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Nothing will ever beat this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DazHePwUwAAwcZ6.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	6326

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Nothing will ever beat this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DazHePwUwAAwcZ6.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	6326
    It just makes me laugh. Some of these guys are really respected too, people like Zach Lowe and Marc Spears are constantly being referred to as 'experts', and they didn't see this coming whatsoever. Pels just punching the entire NBA in the mouth.

Is this new or have I not been paying attention, but is the playoff schedule less staggered than it has been in the past. There used to be like 5 weeks and 2 holidays between playoff games, but now it’s every other night. I’m liking this.

Great effort and superb defence! What a win! Now its time for a sweep. Dont give then ANY hope. ANY! Let's go Pels!

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Is this new or have I not been paying attention, but is the playoff schedule less staggered than it has been in the past. There used to be like 5 weeks and 2 holidays between playoff games, but now it’s every other night. I’m liking this.
    I recall hearing various fans complaining about having 2 nights between games rather than the usual 1 so no I don't think it's less staggered

AD and Niko presser

I have NEVER experienced energy like that in that building. That was amazing. These boys came to play!
    RIP FlyGirl

AD saying he expects Cuz to be back. Seems pretty genuine about it

We have to find a way to keep niko I'm sorry but he is a piece we shouldnt lose like I was ready to trade him next year but I want him on this team.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    It was electric watching the atmosphere from my home. I can only imagine what it was like in person. Even during the Mannie Fresh and Juvenile halftime show! I wish I was down there.

For the first time in 10 years, it's damn exciting to be a Pelican fan.

[QUOTE=SAINTS26;1458702]Let’s not talk about the warriors guys. We still have to beat the blazers on Saturday

One time I went fishing with my uncle and we caught a big shark. He fought it for an hour, shot it twice, and finally managed to haul it into the boat. After some high-fives and a beer to celebrate he crouched down so we could get a picture of him next to the shark and the damn thing reared up and bit him on the ******.

Just saying...

[QUOTE=new city champ;1458717]
    Quote Originally Posted by SAINTS26 View Post
    Let’s not talk about the warriors guys. We still have to beat the blazers on Saturday

One time I went fishing with my uncle and we caught a big shark. He fought it for an hour, shot it twice, and finally managed to haul it into the boat. After some high-fives and a beer to celebrate he crouched down so we could get a picture of him next to the shark and the damn thing reared up and bit him on the ******.

Just saying...
    Teams that have taken a 3-0 lead have a record of 127-0. They win. We have FOUR ATTEMPTS to finish this off. We can drop games if it comes down to that, they can't make a single mistake or they're done. We can celebrate, we will be playing the Warriors next round, Portland are done.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    AD saying he expects Cuz to be back. Seems pretty genuine about it
    I’m 100% convinced Cousins is back. The real question is can we get some one to come join us.

Namely Paul George. That’d make us dangerous. Truly dangerous. And PG has to see that.

I will be out of my box Saturday in the blender. I've said it before and I'll say it again.... Special team this year and we will be better next if we can just make 2 small moves. Upgrade the backup C by getting rid of Ajinca and upgrading EO. Not a difficult task since most of the team is under contract and the rest WANT to be here.

I picked us in 6 but am cautiously optimistic about Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I will be out of my box Saturday in the blender. I've said it before and I'll say it again.... Special team this year and we will be better next if we can just make 2 small moves. Upgrade the backup C by getting rid of Ajinca and upgrading EO. Not a difficult task since most of the team is under contract and the rest WANT to be here.

I picked us in 6 but am cautiously optimistic about Saturday.
    The lid's off mate, no need to be cautious

I'll try and upload some more tomorrow(didn't get a whole lot, was too busy screaming my head off)

But this one does give a sense of how incredible the crowd was tonight:

(from the team entrance before the game, I think as Jrue was entering)

As a side note, because I keep seeing it mentioned, not sure if they showed up on TV because the roll out was a little botched, but Niko heads are definitely a thing. The legacy of Peja now lives on through Niko.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 04-20-2018 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I'll try and upload some more tomorrow(didn't get a whole lot, was too busy screaming my head off)

But this one does give a sense of how incredible the crowd was tonight:

(from the team entrance before the game, I think as Jrue was entering)

As a side note, because I keep seeing it mentioned, not sure if they showed up on TV because the roll out was a little botched, but Niko heads are definitely a thing. The legacy of Peja now lives on through Niko.
    Cool photo bronco thanks for sharing. Very envious of you all getting to be there, looks amazing and the energy was buzzing through the tv. I'm just watching the game now (just hit halftime), not sure if it's.someone with a weird whistle or a very excited woman but there is a constant screeching from the same person coming through the Pels feed, don't know how they've kept it up hahaha.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thread Information