Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Build Up to Thursday Home Opener Game Three Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    I didn't heard about this. This will be huge in the 2 round
    Let's not get too excited yet.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/...-3-more-weeks/

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Honestly, for whatever reason, we do seem to be universally loved right now. People I know that are fans from all around the league seem to be pulling for the Pels. I look across NBA message boards and it's the same thing.

I think it helps that there really is no one on our team you want to root against. We don't have a Draymond nut kicking people, or a Harden cheesing the game with annoying fouls, or a CP3 cheapshotting players and whining, or people tired of the LeBron narrative.

We have a humble superstar big man that everyone loves to watch, a stoic grit and grind guard, playoff Rondo, Threekola, a bunch of feel good underdog role players, an underdog coach with a great sense of humor, and collective sympathy toward a big man that was having an MVP type season unfortunately cut short. All culminating in one of the biggest surprise runs of the post all-star season.
    Every single player on our team is an overall nice guy who has either redeemed themselves of a bad reputation due to unlucky circumstances (Rondo, Boogie), or has been in and out of the league and been fighting for their games (AD with injury, Okafor out for years, Miller in Germany, even Jrue with injury and his wife's health) and yet we don't complain, we're never causing trouble, and we just play. We don't have any bad eggs and we're fun to watch. That's a recipe for underdog support.
    Basketball.

Some pumped for tonight game!!! I wish that I could be there, but can't since live in North LA. I saw the next two games are already sold out!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    NOLA.com is reporting that BOOGIE will be in attendance.
    How nice of them to be reporting the truth instead of speculation for once.

Spread on this game is 2 1/2. Easy Money. Packed crowd, Boogie in attendance, team locked in. I'm expecting a blowout.

Getting this W tonight will be so sweet!!

Thread Information