Pelicans Report

Thread: I will be eating crow for a while and enjoying every savory bite!

I will be eating crow for a while and enjoying every savory bite!

I was one of the folks that didn't want Gentry here. I am also the type of person that will support the coach we have but not without question. With that said, I don't even care what happens from here on out, Gentry has this team playing extremely well right when they need to be.

Sign him up, I'm all in now!

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I was one of the folks that didn't want Gentry here. I am also the type of person that will support the coach we have but not without question. With that said, I don't even care what happens from here on out, Gentry has this team playing extremely well right when they need to be.

Sign him up, I'm all in now!
    Well I was one of many who thought we shouldnt have resigned Jrue to that contract.
    SIGN A SF

Whilst I was absolutely fine with Jrue's contract, I was also a real downer on Gentry at several points. I'd like to think it wasn't abject hate, because I did praise him at times, but overall, I was dissatisfied and wanted to move on from him. He's proved me wrong. He's not perfect, sure, but who is? He's done well.
    Basketball.

Was never down on the Jrue contract. He deserves it as a 2 guard. Rondo better stay healthy.

Still have my reservations on Gentry. Great series so far but if they **** the bed when they come back here I swear...

Gentry really surprised me. I wanted him gone BAD. But this season is already a success for me. Jrue has an ugly start to the season, performance wise. So glad he got aggressive and turned it up several levels. I was wrong about both of them and I have no problem admitting that!
    RIP FlyGirl

Never saw Jrue coming anywhere close to what he is right now. Thought him mentallly fragile and mediocre at best. Whatever’s clicked inside of him...I couldn’t be happier.

Well, I started a 'Callipari for Coach' thread. But after watching how we shut down the Blazer's top two players, then make the adjustments to take them out of the game , made me realize the NBA is a complicated game. Way more than the college game.

Wow, what a two games. The Blender will be rocking Thursday night.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Well I was one of many who thought we shouldnt have resigned Jrue to that contract.
    I was also in the group that was on Jrue's side. Defense is extremely underrated and he has always had it. The level of offense he his playing right now he might actually be slightly underpaid.

I never was a big Gentry supporter but I also wasn't a hater. I could never differentiate coaching from the massive amounts of injury and lack of continuity we had.

But man. These past few months Gentry and his assistants have been gold. It's not just talent. We are going in with great gameplans and, like last night, if the original gameplan isn't working we have made all the right adjustments.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

https://twitter.com/RyanHebert89/sta...340342272?s=19

This is crazy. Jrue actually took less money to stay here. A lot of people said it was an overpay. It wasn't even the highest offer he got.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

This is crazy. Jrue actually took less money to stay here. A lot of people said it was an overpay. It wasn't even the highest offer he got.
    Puts paid to the idea that we have to overpay free agents to sign here

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

OMG this is crazy. I feel so bad for him, people have been bashing him all year for how much he costs, but the humble in himself didnt even tell us he took less to play in NOLA. What a man

I also wanted Gentry gone. He's been bad at defensive switches and decision making in key deciding moments. Those two things were implemented superbly during this series so far

I have no idea why Jrue decided to take less money to stay in N.O, but I can speculate...

- The team that offered him absolutely sucked, and he felt he could win in N.O
    - The offer wasn't significantly more than our offer
    - He felt loyal to the organization for allowing him to take care of his family situation when his wife was pregnant (with health issues)
    - The relationships that he has with the likes of Boogie and AD may have swayed his decision

Could have been all of the above. But I'm glad he's here and killing Portland. As for Gentry... I'm glad he's finally found the formula to winning games. I think he's always wanted to play at a faster pace, but now its actually working for us. Now if we can get Boogie back...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I was always in favor of resigning Holiday, but was ready to part with Gentry. I think Rondo really was the key to making Gentry's vision for the team a success.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I have no idea why Jrue decided to take less money to stay in N.O, but I can speculate...

- The team that offered him absolutely sucked, and he felt he could win in N.O
    - The offer wasn't significantly more than our offer
    - He felt loyal to the organization for allowing him to take care of his family situation when his wife was pregnant (with health issues)
    - The relationships that he has with the likes of Boogie and AD may have swayed his decision

Could have been all of the above. But I'm glad he's here and killing Portland. As for Gentry... I'm glad he's finally found the formula to winning games. I think he's always wanted to play at a faster pace, but now its actually working for us. Now if we can get Boogie back...
    The problem is when Boogie comes back they won't be able to play at this pace. Especially on the defensive end.
    Mirotic is so much more active on defence than Boogie.

However those 3 and Diallo will be a very nice front court for years to come.

Thread Information