Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trailblazers - Game Two

Playoffs Western Playoffs Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trailblazers - Game Two

A few hours out from Game Two, hopefully we can follow up on the success of Game One and pull off another win. If we win this one, then the idea of a first round sweep starts coming alive, and that's exciting.

Keys: Continued defensive dedication from the whole team, but mostly Jrue, AD, Mirotic, and Rondo. If they can all keep up the defense, Portland has real issues because of how isolation based their offense is. Keep the ball moving, because of all of the obvious reasons we all know make ball movement so valuable: we had 26 assists last game, and if we can get somewhere around that again tonight we'll be in good form. On top of that, continued attacking inside: when guys are hot, they can shoot, but Portland are terrible for either leaving the rim wide open, or being so paranoid about doing exactly that that they leave the perimeter open. Rondo will be invaluable for exploiting those reactions and running the right offense to take advantage of their mistakes.

Look for Jrue to lock Lillard up again, and for AD to go off again. Game Two, let's go!
    Basketball.

Blazers Harkless returning from injury will be available to play tonight.

They are going to need more than Harkless, they will need the refs to earn their money tonight.

I still believe we should be up 2-0 right now because we beat both the Blazers and the refs.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

expect double teams by them, expect a slower paced game and expect a bigger contribution by our role players

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Hey if we win tonight, let's not go after each others throats alright?

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    when* we win.

And I'll try

Yooooo I'm at this game!! Follow my snap @drusselar. Let's go pels! Steal these two in Portland, then get the sweep at home!!

Although it would be great to go 2-0 in Portland, I am content winning one out of 2 and stealing home court. I believe when a home team loses game 1, usually they win the 2nd game 75% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by R Pelly View Post
    Although it would be great to go 2-0 in Portland, I am content winning one out of 2 and stealing home court. I believe when a home team loses game 1, usually they win the 2nd game 75% of the time.
    Agreed. I know we definitely has what it takes to win, and I believe in our guys completely, but if we do end up losing then it's not the end of the world as long as we put up a good showing.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    anyone have a link to watch the game?

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Yooooo I'm at this game!! Follow my snap @drusselar. Let's go pels! Steal these two in Portland, then get the sweep at home!!
    Did you attend LA Tech? random question I know The name sounds familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Search for our game reddit streams and you will eventually find one that works, but the game is televised on TNT and fox sports Nola!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    NBA Reddit Streams. You probably won't find the FSNO feed doe

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Say bruh, up your nose with a rubber hose. I’m living my best me how I want.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    awesome thanks yall!

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    NBA Reddit Streams. You probably won't find the FSNO feed doe
    FInd a friend or family member that has cable service in the area and borrow their cable log ins and BOOM you can watch the foxsports go stream from anywhere. I’ve been doing it for years and I’m in tx

Quote Originally Posted by Captaustin View Post
    FInd a friend or family member that has cable service in the area and borrow their cable log ins and BOOM you can watch the foxsports go stream from anywhere. I’ve been doing it for years and I’m in tx
    I don't have any family in the states and even if I did, that probably wouldn't help me given my current geographical statii

I'm pretty sure that makes both playoff games so far start with a midrange jumper from Davis

Damn, didn’t put two and two together.. my bad.

Good first few minutes, Portland just looks out of it

Call a TO, we on fire!

Nice way to start a game!

Lets go!!!!!!

9-2 to start, AD's jumper looks smooth as silk

Thread Information