Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trailblazers - Game One

That was a good 2 minutes of Diallo to get AD rest.

Rondeaux has 9 assists

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Niko already has 7 rebounds and 3 blocks.

You know leading the team in both categories because it's not like we have AD or anything.

Keep working Niko.
    In fairness, two of those rebounds came from running directly in front of AD to grab the rebound for himself. I don't mind that though, it's the hustle
    Basketball.

Remember all of those terrible journalists and analysts saying there was pretty much no chance that we would 'upset' the Blazers? They get paid to be blind to stuff like this.

The Franchise
    Nice def fellas

I like it a lot. McCollum and lillard are 1 for 15. Wow

Great half ... first 6 minutes of the 3rd is huge. The blazers are going to make a run just need to withstand it .

The team is playing great defense. They deserve this one
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Amazing defensive half. Will probably need a bit more from Niko on the offensive end to pull this out, but props to him for his play on the other end.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

At an absolutely great half after the first 6 minutes.

Up 9 and held Portland to 36 points. Like, seriously 36 points in a half.

End of our first half of playoff basketball: we're up 45-36. Jrue, Moore, and Rondo have all done a good job locking up Portland's guards. Jrue has 0 assists but it doesn't matter because he's been a monster defensively and led the offense charge for much of the half. AD had a pretty slow second quarter in terms of rebounding (only 1 board?) but scored well.

Let's get game 1 won!

Defense is playing just like I thought they would once the playoffs started! Less then a handful of plays I would say we didn't play great defense!

Gotta give it to Gentry... Great job managing ADs minutes.

We need to encourage Jrue to keep attacking . They can’t gaurd him .

Gotta love how we're winning in spite of the bs refs

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Finish strong. Stomp their necks.

And we aren't even shooting well!

Portland's hope is basically "Dame and CJ will go off in the 2nd and not keep this terrible shooting up."

Except, we could say that about basically all of our players as well.

Pelicans in 4

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Finish strong. Stomp their necks.
    Bash their butts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    And we aren't even shooting well!

Portland's hope is basically "Dame and CJ will go off in the 2nd and not keep this terrible shooting up."

Except, we could say that about basically all of our players as well.
    Their shots will start to fall but so will ours . I just don’t think Portland has anyone who can guard Jrue or AD.

ITs always good when Davis and jrue get hot we can beat anyone , great signs , hopefully they start the second hot cos that will dictate the rest of the game

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Defense is playing just like I thought they would once the playoffs started! Less then a handful of plays I would say we didn't play great defense!
    Yeah bro I predicted this as well for the playoffs. If we steal this game this would be HUGE!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I feel like gentry has worked some wizardry with his rotations today . Our rotations have been pretty consistent lately , but this is a rotation we haven’t seen before and it seems like the blazers didn’t prepare for it

Quote Originally Posted by bdnp1 View Post
    I feel like gentry has worked some wizardry with his rotations today . Our rotations have been pretty consistent lately , but this is a rotation we haven’t seen before and it seems like the blazers didn’t prepare for it
    I'm not on board with full props yet over the rotation. We had like 4 minutes in the 2nd where Rondo and Hill were in the game at the same thing and our offense was terrible.

I thought that we would win the series in 5, but at halftime...I think it might still be over in 5, but our wins will be double digit wins.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

IF Solo doesn’t show something in this series, we need to find a way to move on and god after a legit 3 in the offseason that pairs with AD Boogie and Hrue!

AD's got his jumper on

Thread Information