Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trailblazers - Game One

Who else is losing their ********?

Jrue's defense was insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian Clark. Say thanks to Dell again.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Remember that guy who posted here who said he wanted to trade Jrue for CJ

LOLOLOLOLOLOOL
    That would have been great compared to what majority of this board wanted to get rid of Jrue for lol. Defending him since day 1 has paid off. I'm gonna have to go find some old Holiday threads I had started and bump them to get a good laugh.

Jrue got in Dame's head. Instead going to score he tried to draw a foul. And failed miserably.

Rondo was amazing tonight. A championship player doing championship player things.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Lol and people voting Murray in over jrue for all nba d

1st Team defense Jrue is my spirit animal. Caw Caw! Great win man! Past long overdue
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Just saw someone on twitter say that this isn't an indicator of things to come because we played the best game we could ever play and Portland sucked.

I mean, it's true that Portland sucked but we didn't play our best game AT ALL.

Jrue shot 20% from the 3pt line, Hill and Miller gave us almost nothing, Diallo went 1-4, Mirotic played great but he shot 6-15 which is well under how he's been performing recently, and AD barely even tried to rebound for like a whole quarter.

If this is what we can do with grit and defense when the offense truly stagnates at times (which it did) and the whole team isn't clicking on offense (which is wasn't), then Portland's in for a shock when it does.
    Basketball.

Jrue Holiday defense was super clutch . Just crazy man. We now have gone court advantage
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Just saw someone on twitter say that this isn't an indicator of things to come because we played the best game we could ever play and Portland sucked.

I mean, it's true that Portland sucked but we didn't play our best game AT ALL.

Jrue shot 20% from the 3pt line, Hill and Miller gave us almost nothing, Diallo went 1-4, Mirotic played great but he shot 6-15 which is well under how he's been performing recently, and AD barely even tried to rebound for like a whole quarter.

If this is what we can do with grit and defense when the offense truly stagnates at times (which it did) and the whole team isn't clicking on offense (which is wasn't), then Portland's in for a shock when it does.
    Whichever sore loser posted that is FOS.

We are a top-10 offense and and the fastest team in the league that averages 112 a game. We won with 97 pts. Just shake your head and smirk bro. We good!

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Whichever sore loser posted that is FOS.

We are a top-10 offense and and the fastest team in the league that averages 112 a game. We won with 97 pts. Just shake your head and smirk bro. We good!

Exactly!

Not only that, I have now started 4 of the last 6 game threads, and all 6 of those games have been wins. Therefore, I am intrinsically linked to winning games. And I don't start their gamethreads. So yeah.

That's logically accurate, I'm sure. In some world.

Tuesday!?!?!?!!

Quote Originally Posted by glepurple View Post
    Lol and people voting Murray in over jrue for all nba d
    This series will let the whole world know how good Jrue is. He'll be a perennial 1st team all D from next season on

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Tuesday!?!?!?!!
    Which is great for me. They get rest and I'm off that day.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post

This is really good cause we fortunately just locked him up long-term so now everybody will know and there's nothing they can do about it

We just won this game while the refs tried to help them and that makes it so much sweeter

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Anyone got a highlights package of Joel's call?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It might be wishful thinking, but can we have some freaking respect from not the national media, forget them. But from other players? Namely elite players? I mean, I get that it's more desirable to join teams already good like the Rockets or the Warriors or whomever...but we clearly could use another big time player, even if Cousins comes back 100%.

I want Paul George or Kawhi Leonard or whomever might change teams in the hectic of late NBA offseason to look at the Pels as a destination squad....

Of course, the season isn't over yet. We are in the driver's seat. The Blazers will respond, of course. And frankly, good as we played until that late run, we could get more. AD and Mirotic ran out of steam late. Imagine if we got quality mintues from Diallo or Okafor instead of Diallo's inexperience letting the Blazers back in it?

Or if Darius Miller was able to hit some 3s.

I said on Facebook that if we win game one, I could see us winning in 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This is really good cause we fortunately just locked him up long-term so now everybody will know and there's nothing they can do about it
    #126 /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It might be wishful thinking, but can we have some freaking respect from not the national media, forget them. But from other players? Namely elite players? I mean, I get that it's more desirable to join teams already good like the Rockets or the Warriors or whomever...but we clearly could use another big time player, even if Cousins comes back 100%.

I want Paul George or Kawhi Leonard or whomever might change teams in the hectic of late NBA offseason to look at the Pels as a destination squad....
    Just have to win some more games! Thats how you get those all star vets to start taking your team seriously.

Beat the Blazers and make a series out of GS? Jrue gets all team first defense, Rondo looks like playoff Rondo, AD does AD things and Mirotic balls out; know you have Cousins laying in wait? All of the sudden that is a team someone like Kemba, George, Leonard(maybe even Lillard?) start taking a serious look at as a place to want to end up in like CP3 and Houston.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 04-15-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Man, what a great win. We'll see what this team is made of next game. Can they come out with the same intensity? Very important that we don't settle after this win.

We should be up 2-0 after tonight right? We beat both the Blazers and the Refs.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Man, what a great win. We'll see what this team is made of next game. Can they come out with the same intensity? Very important that we don't settle after this win.
    Honestly I am keeping my expectations in check. I feel like game 2 the Blazers are going to go all out. Probably win the ref battle again as well.

BUT, if this team can defend home court? With what will be the best home crowd the Pels have had all year.

...Now the Pels are 3-1. To me that is the goal. To me winning one in Portland was the dream and we already did it. Get to 3-1 and the statistics are overwhelmingly in our favor. With a win tonight we are very capable of pulling that off.

Thread Information